Chapter 5

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first night was perfect, and Kai and Krystal woke up in a great mood.

They stayed inside all day and watched some of the movies and TV dramas they have been dying to watch together, for a long time.

They visited the spa and had dinner at the resort's restaurant at the latest hour.

Krystal made sure not to make him do anything that would need too much effort from his side because of his injured ankle.

They were back to their room after the nice and calm dinner, and both were very tired.

-----------------
Jongin

Jongin: Do you want to go to bed already?

She was sitting on the sofa, and she had her eyes closed.

Soojung: I just need to close my eyes for a while.

I nodded my head and sat next to her before taking her hand that was close to me and massaging it. She smiled and spoke without opening her eyes.

Soojung: It feels nice.

Jongin: I think that we're both tired because of our schedules, and we are just starting to feel the effects of it.

Soojung: I think so too.

She opened her eyes and turned her head towards me.

Soojung: Did you have a good day?

Jongin: A great day. I always like spending my days with you.

Soojung: Me too. I feel relaxed when I am with you.

Jongin: That's good. That's how I want you to feel when you're with me.

She smiled again before sitting up, and completely turning her body towards me. She scooted closer, leaned in and left a quick peck on my lips.

I was slightly taken aback by the sudden gesture, but more because she kept her face close to mine even after she did it.

I looked at her eyes, then down at her lips before leaning in and kissing them.

She threw her arms around my neck as I put mine around her waist, bringing her closer to me.

I don't know what was happening to us suddenly, but I could feel that she wanted me as much as I wanted her at that moment.

We kept kissing and things were starting to go fast. Too fast.

It seriously made it difficult for me to break off our embrace, but she did it before I could even gather the strength to.

We looked at each other as we were panting hard, both trying to catch our breath.

Soojung: I am going to take a shower.

She said, almost in a whisper, as she stood up and ran to the bathroom.

I sat back and passed a hand through my hair, messing it a little bit.

I touched my chest and my heart was beating at an almost dangerous frequency.

What just happened? This was the first time for her and I to feel that way at the same time.

I didn't want it to ruin the mood for the rest of the trip, so I waited for her to finish taking her shower, in the room.

When she came back after getting changed, she asked me to help her dry her wet hair.

While I was doing so, she was looking at me in the mirror. I smiled at her and talked.

Jongin: What?

Soojung: I'm sorry... for stopping like that. It's just that-

Jongin: Baby, it's okay. I know. We don't have to go too fast.

Soojung: So, you're not mad at me?

I stopped the hairdryer and turned the chair around so that I could look at her directly.

Jongin: Soojung, we're in no rush. Don't worry about it, okay?

She sighed heavily and smiled.

Soojung: How can you be so good to me?

Jongin: That's because you're very good to me.

Soojung: Thank you.

Jongin: Now, let's finish drying your hair and go to bed. I can tell that you're tired.

We went to bed after drying her hair and after I got changed into my pajamas. I held her in my arms, like the night before, as we laid on the bed.

Soojung: Jongin, do you ever think about what will happen to us if someday we're discovered?

I immediately looked at her.

Jongin: Mm... Not really. Do you?

Soojung: Everyday.

Jongin: Does it scare you?

She nodded her head, without talking.

Soojung: I am scared of all the things that you're going to go through because of me.

Jongin: What do you mean?

Soojung: I mean that I'm used to receiving hate and hateful comments, but I wonder how you will react when it will happen to you because of me. I don't want you to go through all of that.

Jongin: I receive hateful comments too, and you know that. That's part of our job. We knew what we were exposing ourselves to, when we decided to do this job in the  first place, and also to be together.

Soojung: I know that. But baby, no one is ever fully prepared to face something that big. I just worry about it sometimes. I think it's a natural thing, to worry about it.

Jongin: Soojung... I don't want you to worry about stuff like that. Because at the end of the day, I love you and I am willing to go through anything for you. You don't even realize how much you mean to me.

I sat up and made her sit too.

Jongin: If our relationship happens to be discovered, there is one thing I want you to always remember. What they will tell us are just words. At the end of the day, the ones who will support or accept us are the ones that count.

Soojung: I know that. But are you really sure that you're prepared for that?

Jongin: Soojung. You've got to trust our relationship. We'll worry about it when it's time to worry about it. Okay?

Soojung: Mm... Okay. I'm sorry.

Jongin: Don't be. I get where you're coming from.

Soojung: Now, let's go to bed.

Jongin: Okay. Sleep tight.

Soojung: You too.

I held her a little tighter just to make sure that she knew that I meant every single word I just said, then we fell asleep.

During the second day, Soojung made sure that I could rest as much as possible and helped me take care of my ankle. It wasn't completely healed yet, but I could definitely dance now.

We did not get to do a lot of different things, but we were able to spend time together, and that was way more important than the rest.

It was our last day at the resort, and we were supposed to leave later in the day. It was almost 11 am and Soojung was still sleeping. She must have been really tired from all the things we did the day before.

I took a shower and called the room service for our breakfast.

I sat on the sofa in the lounge room and called Taemin on FaceTime.

Taemin: Yah, when are you two coming back?

He asked as soon as he picked up my call.

Jongin: Yes I'm fine, thank you.

Taemin: Sorry. How are things going there?

Jongin: Good. We're just taking a much needed rest.

Taemin: You're lucky. Where is Soojung?

Jongin: Still sleeping.

Taemin: That girl is so lazy.

Jongin: Injeong!

We said as we laughed. That girl loves sleep more than I do. I even think that she loves it more than she loves me, sometimes.

Taemin: Wait! Did you call me because you were bored!?

Jongin: Kind of.

I laughed at the sight of my best friend's shocked face.

Taemin: Keunneo!

Jongin: I got to go anyway, our food is here.

Taemin: What a joke of a best friend. I'll call Soojung later. At least, she is nice to me. Most of the time.

Jongin: I won't let her pick up your call! She is all mine today!

Taemin: Yah! We'll see about that!

We laughed together one last time before hanging up for real.

I opened the door and took the food. I put a little bit of everything on a tray and brought it to the room.

Soojung was still sleeping, so I silently walked to the her end of the bed and put the tray on the night table, before waking her up.

She stirred from her sleep, turned a little bit and slowly opened her eyes.

Jongin: Good morning, sleepy head.

Soojung: Mm... Don't look at me, I'm ugly in the morning.

Jongin: Yes, very. I can't believe I am dating a girl as ugly in the morning as you.

Soojung: Yah... Okay, I know I don't look that bad.

I chuckled and helped her sit up before putting the tray of food in front of her.

Jongin: Here. I know how much of an eater my little baby is.

Soojung: Food is life, chingu!

She said as she opened her eyes widely, to study the tray and look at all the food that was on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter