Chapter 17

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the second and final night of SMtown Japan, and the mood was even better than it was on the first day. Soojung found herself hanging around the other artists, something that she did not do in so long.

It felt like it was the time of all the new beginnings.

She was having a quick lunch date with Jonghyun and Onew, when Henry, Amber and Minho joined them in SHINee's waiting room.

Minho: Where are Taemin and Kibum?

Jonghyun: Taemin is having lunch with Kai and Sehun in EXO's dressing room.

Onew: And Key is probably somewhere at the resting hall with Luna, or with the members of NCT.

Minho: Ei, such a devoted Seonbae.

Minho said sarcastically, making everyone laugh.

Amber: Your brother was looking for you earlier, Soojung!

Soojung: Jaehyun? Why?

She asked, starting to panic.

Amber: I don't know, but I told him to ask EXO or Taemin. I thought you were with one or the other.

Jonghyun: Teng! She was with the most handsome member of SHINee, all day long.

Minho: I wasn't with Soojung today, though.

Everyone laughed once again thanks to Minho. Jonghyun on the other hand heaved a sigh, before resuming to eat his food.

Soojung: Maybe I should go look for my brother. We always have lunch together on concerts days.

She was concerned about her brother. Since Jessica left SM now, they only have one another and she feels like she should look after him, as the oldest one.

Henry: Don't worry, if he did as Amber has suggested, he is probably having lunch with the boys.

Soojung nodded her head, agreeing with Henry's logic.

Minho: When was the last time I sat down like that with you, Soojung?

Soojung stopped for a second, trying to remember when was the last time she had spent some time with Minho. They used to be very close, but like with a lot of other SM artists she used to hang with, their relationship became a collateral damage of her sister's unfortunate situation.

They just naturally took their distances, and on the contrary to Jonghyun, Taemin, and Onew, he did not really try to change things.

Soojung: I don't really remember. It was probably some time in February? Around Jaehyun's birthday, I believe.

Amber: She is a busy bee.

Minho: Busy with love!

Soojung giggled, not knowing how else to react. She had to admit that she did not help the situation either.

Soojung: I know that I kind of shied away from all of this for a while.

She said, pointing at the circle of friends.

Soojung: But it's really not Jongin's fault, I promise.

Onew: Oh, she is defending her boyfriend. How cute!

Onew exclaimed in a brother like way, making everyone cringe.

Minho: I was just teasing you. I'm happy for you, Soojung-ah!

Soojung: I know.

The two smiled at each other, before everyone went back to eating their food.

Meanwhile Jongin and the boys were having a serious laugh because of Lay's impersonation of Baekhyun and Suho's behavior on stage.

------------------------
Jongin

Jongin: How can you imitate them so well? This was spot on!

Taemin: Last time he imitated Suho Hyung in front of my members, and we laughed until our stomach hurt! He was so accurate!

Sehun: Did he show the difference between Suho Hyung and Baekhyun Hyung?

Taemin: Yes, that one! It was so funny!

Suho: Why do you impersonate me so much, Lay-ah?!

Jongin: Soojung sent me a video of him doing it on the set of their movie, and I laughed so hard!

Suho: There too?! For real?

Lay: I think it's funny because when Junmyeon tries to act cute, it's so cringeworthy! But somehow it seems natural with Baekhyun!

Jongin: This is so true! When Junmyeon Hyung starts acting cute for our fans, I always want to run to him and make him stop.

Suho: Yah, it's not that bad!

Sehun: It is that bad!

Everyone laughed again. I was having a great time with some of my members and Jaehyun. I always feel a sort of responsibility when it comes to Jaehyun, not only because he is one of my hoobaes it also because he is my girlfriend's baby brother.

I never want it to be too obvious because I don't want him to feel uncomfortable, but I always try to keep an eye on him whenever I can. Just like Sehun and Taemin do.

I know that it makes Soojung happy, so I'm more than glad to do it.

Suho: Anyway, I'm going to go look for Chanyeol, Chen and Xiumin. I don't know where they left to.

Sehun: Chanyeol Hyung said that he was going to eat with Jaewon Hyung. Try the resting hall.

Jongin: Minseok Hyung and Chen Hyung must be there too.

Suho: Alright. Now, please stop impersonating Baekhyun and I.

Lay: Promise! EXO, saranghaja!

He said it with the same expression Suho always has when he screams this sentence during our thanking speeches, at award shows.

We laughed at Lay's joke, finding it even funnier because of Suho's reaction. He always looked so surprised when Lay made fun of him.

He left after throwing a cushion at Lay, and calling us stupid.

Jaehyun: You guys are so funny.

Taemin: It must be like that with your members too, right? It must feel like a school trip whenever you go back to the dorm, because there are so many of you!

Jaehyun: Yes, when we're all together. It's always a lot of fun, and no one never feels left out.

Sehun: You should always keep it that way.

Jongin: Yes. Always remember to keep the fun and the trust within the group. I think Taeyong does a good job with all of you, so far.

Jaehyun nodded his head at us, taking all of our advices in.

Jaehyun: I should probably go look for my sister now. She must be worried.

Lay: I saw her walking into SHINee's dressing room with Jonghyun Hyung, earlier.

Jaehyun: Ah... She didn't have lunch alone then. That's a relief.

Taemin: Jongin, aren't you supposed to meet her after lunch?

Jongin: Ah... I think so. But she didn't get back at me, so I'm not really sure.

I had texted her to let her know that I was eating with the guys and her brother, and suggested a meeting before the concert, but she did not reply.

Sehun: She mustn't have seen it yet. That's all.

I stayed silent.

Jaehyun: Do you want me to go look for her?

Before I could reply, the door opened and Soojung walked in.

Soojung: Hello, boys!

Jaehyun: Noona!

Taemin: Oh wow, we were just talking about you.

Soojung: Really? Do I want to know what you were saying?

Sehun: What can we say when your brother and your boyfriend are here? I'll badmouth you later on, don't you worry.

Sehun joked, earning himself a playful smack on the shoulder.

Jongin: What brings you here?

I scooted a little to the side to make some space for her, next to me. She sat down and put her arm around Jaehyun's shoulder before looking at me.

Soojung: I just saw your message. I had left my phone in my dressing room, so I couldn't answer earlier.

Sehun: See?

Lay: Well, I'm going to go look for Junmyeon and some more!

Sehun: I'll be there in a few, Hyung! I want to see that!

Lay: See you around!

Soojung: Bye, Oppa!

She replied with a cute smile on her face.

Jaehyun: Did you have lunch, Noona?

Jaehyun asked Soojung as he affectionately rested his hand on top of her head.

Soojung: Mm. Did you?

She asked back, also reciprocating his gesture. He nodded his head, before smiling at his sister.

Sehun: What about us? You're not curious about wether we ate or not?

He asked Soojung. She turned to face her best friend and threw him a nasty look.

Soojung: Would you even be talking if you didn't have anything to eat?

Sehun: Touché!

Taemin and I chuckled at the two friends' playful banter.

Taemin: Ah, Soojung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter