Chapter 7

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost two weeks have passed since Kai and Krystal's dating news broke out.

The f(x) members have since been subjects to hacks and intrusions of their privacy, as some sasaeng fans threatened to disclose their personal information and contacts.

Krystal has been struggling to keep up with work, trying not to look at the comments on the Internet and making sure that everyone involved around her, wasn't affected by the repercussions.

Her members and manager helped her adjust with the whole situation.

Amber made sure that she didn't feel guilty about the situation, Victoria made sure that she was being protected by the company, from malicious people on the internet, and Luna tried to update fans about her own life as much a possible, in order to draw the attention away from Krystal.

Her members were there for her, a hundred percent. They were of a great help to their maknae, and thanks to them it was a little bit easier for her to process everything.

Her sister couldn't be with her all the time, because of business, but she was always the first person she talked to, in the morning, and the last person she texted, before going to bed.

Even though Krystal felt like her life was a bit of a chaos lately, she didn't let it get to her. She knew she had a real support system in her family and friends.

Also, her brother and his group, NCT, have debuted a few days ago, making things a little less -- just a little -- intense. People had a new thing to talk about, but they weren't backing down on the subject either.

On a professional level, she hasn't experienced any changes in treatment or opportunities coming from commercial agencies or broadcasting channels, yet. If not, she has received twice the demands of appearances and features, since her dating news broke out.

It was just a slightly different story, on the personal level.

She has been reaching out to Kai as much as she could in-between schedules, and so far, things were under control. He was having a harder time, like she guessed he would have, because he was not expecting to see his 'fans' turn on him that way.

She could imagine how he must have wished for all the nonsense and the hate to stop, but it was not in their control whatsoever, and he needed to accept that.

She was so touched to see how much her fans were working hard to show her that they would support her forever and no matter what. She wished, so badly, that Kai would also focus on all the support he has been receiving from his true fans, and just disregard the hate. But he was doing the complete opposite, so sometimes, they argued a bit about it.

The members of EXO, especially Sehun, tried to make sure that he wasn't being too affected by everything. In normal circumstances, they wouldn't have been too worried about him, but since he was still injured and couldn't do much about anything, he was a lot more sensitive than per usual.

He was trying to be strong for Krystal and in order for s not to worry, but sometimes it was just too hard for him to pretend.

-----------------------
Jongin

I woke up this morning feeling upset for some reason. I tried getting out of bed, but I couldn't even go as far as the toilet without my crutches to help me.

I had an appointment at the doctor's, but all I really wanted to do was go see my family and stay with them for a while.

I wanted to stop pretending like everything was going to go back to normal, because it was not. I wasn't in control of my body, nor my life. It .

I struggled to get to the bathroom, and I had to sit down on a chair to take my shower. My foot was hurting so bad, and it was getting harder to walk with it, in this state.

After I finished getting dressed, I made my way back to our room to wait for someone to come help me down the stairs, to leave for the doctor's office. Someone always come to check on me when they hear me move around the house.

Kyungsoo: Are you ready to go?

D.O asked as he walked in our room and sat across from me, on his bed.

Jongin: Mm.

He stood up and handed me my crutches, before helping me up on my feet. He lead the way out of the room and into the hallway, then helped me down the stairs, one step after the other.

Sehun helped me to the car, then all the other members joined us.

Suho: Let's go.

All the members were coming with me at the doctor's because right after my appointment, we had to leave for China, for the 16th Top Chinese Music Awards.

Lay was going to fly from Shanghai to Beijing too, so that the nine of us could perform together after such a long time. I was so happy to see him, because it has really been a while since we all went to an award show together, and I also missed him being at home with us everyday.

When we got to the doctor's office, only Suho and D.O came out with me. Suho was the one in charge of us, and D.O was my roommate so the both of them had to know about my medication schedule, in order for them to remind me, in case I forget to take them.

We had to wait for fifteen minutes, because we came a little earlier than planned, and the doctor already had a patient to take care of. It annoyed me.

I was annoyed by everything lately, and I just wanted to leave. I didn't understand the point of coming here to listen to the same thing every week. It just depressed me even more.

"Mr Kim Jongin, the doctor is ready to see you."

Suho: Let's go.

My two members helped me up -- again -- and walked into the office with me.

Doctor: I am glad to see you again, Mr Kim.

He said, greeting me, as soon as we walked in. But I wasn't that happy to see him every week.

He examined my ankle, as my members silently sat in the corner. After he was done, he sent me to do a radio scan to see if my bones were okay.

It took me half an hour to finish everything, then I was back in his office to hear what he had to say this time around. I wasn't expecting anything.

Doctor: Well, after examining your ankle and seeing these scans, I can tell that it has gotten a little worse.

Suho: What do you mean?

Doctor: Last time you came, the area around the ankle bones was just a little inflamed. If you take a look at this image of today's scan, you can see that the bone on the left has started to move to the side a little bit.

Kyungsoo: Is that dangerous?

Doctor: Not at this stage, but it could definitely be, if it's not treated the right way.

Suho: What does he need to do?

Doctor: I will have to put a removable cast on his leg, to block the bone and put it back into its original place.

Suho: Will he be able to walk with that cast on?

Jongin: If it has gotten this worse, then when would I ever be able to dance again!?

Suho: Jongin.

Doctor: It's okay. You have to fully recover first, before even envisaging to dance as hard as you used to.

Great! Really, great!

Doctor: The purpose of putting a cast on is to prevent you from walking, in order to make it possible for the bone to slide back into its place. No walking at all, at least for a few hours. A day would be perfect.

Kyungsoo: We are leaving for China in an hour. How are we going to do that?

Doctor: I will ask my assistant to put the cast on his leg, and if it's possible, I would recommend you to rent a wheelchair for all the traveling schedules, until his leg is stabilized.

Even though I wasn't expecting any good news, I didn't think it would be this bad. I was unintentionally messing with my health, with my body, and with my career. I wasn't in control of anything, and it made me sick.

I stayed silent during the rest of the conversation, only nodding as he explained how to take my medication for the pain.

Suho: Thank you, Doctor Han. We will see you when we come back from China.

Suho said, as we were on our way out of the office, after they put the cast on my leg. Thankfully, it was a removable cast, so I could put it over my pants, and still wear shoes.

As soon as we got back to the car, the other members asked for details and I preferred to let Suho do all the explaining while I closed my eyes, and tried to go to sleep.

I didn't feel like talking to anyone yet, or listening to them speak to me with pity in their voice. I don't want to be a burden or a bother to anyone, especially not my members.

I have already caused them so much harm with this whole situation. Now, their lives and everything they did was being scrutinized by the media and the fans, in hopes for ones and fear for the others, of discovering another dating scandal. As if we weren't already being spied on enough.

Now Hayoung was even more reticent to meet Sehun, because she felt like they had to be extra more careful. I hated what this whole thing was causing to my members.

But the thing I hated the most was people trying to ruin Soojung's reputation, or give her a bad image. I remembered how much it hurt her in the past when people judged her without knowing her, and how I used to comfort her.

And now they were going at her because of me.

I knew that the Soojung of today was a different person, more confident and stronger, but I couldn't help but feel guilty for causing people to lash on her. My main purpose was to protect her from all of this.

I managed to get twenty minutes of sleep in the car and when we got to the airport, our security guard went to rent a wheelchair for me. The members had already walked into the airport, and were waiting for me inside.

As soon as I stepped out of the car and sat on the chair, I heard clicking noise, and I looked up to see how many reporters showed up at the airport. I was shocked to see that there were so many of them that the way was completely blocked.

Our staff and security guards had to create a circle around us, as our manager pushed my wheelchair towards the entrance.

It must have been a very short amount of time, but I felt like it took forever to go in. I felt so anxious and nervous around all those people. I had to refrain myself from putting my hands on my ears to prevent myself from hearing their unnecessary questions about my relationship, and my personal life.

As soon as I was inside, Sehun came walking to me and sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter