Chapter 14

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung came home earlier today from China, where she attended the press conference of her upcoming movie called 'Unexpected Love', with Lay. She came back with an earlier flight than him and spent the day with her family.

She had to attend a special event in Seoul for the brand Etude, that night, then fly back to China the next day, to attend the wrap party of her new drama 'Graduation Season'.

She was glad to have been able to finish all of her other schedules just in time and to be coming back home even for this short while.

Jongin on the other hand was diligently prepping himself for the new series of the EXO PLANET shows called the EXO'rdium, with s.

Even though he was putting a lot of effort and heart into his work, he was also happy to know that Soojung would be in Korea on the actual date of their first year anniversary, contrary to what they had thought in the first place.

Because Lay was also back in town, the boys were given two days of rest before resuming the concert preparations, and Jongin planned to see her in the meantime.

Since they already celebrated the event in such a romantic way, Jongin thought about fun ideas of dates for them. That way they would still have a good time, just like they know how to do whenever they're reunited.

Lay got home when Jongin was putting his shoes on, getting ready to leave. It was around 9pm and the members were all scattered around the dorm, doing whatever things they usually do when at home.

-------------------
Jongin

I heard the door open and after a few seconds Lay walked into the living room, followed by one of our managers.

Jongin: Hyung!

I stood up from where I was sitting at and went to hug my member. I really do miss having him around the dorm everyday.

Lay: How have been, Jongin-ah?

Jongin: Good. How was your flight?

Lay: Nice. I basically spent the whole time talking to myself because Soojung decided to take an earlier flight, thanks to you. It was really fun.

He sarcastically remarked before showing me his cheeky smile. I chuckled a bit before playfully shoving him in the arm.

Jongin: Everyone! Lay Hyung is home!

After I shouted that piece of information twice, we heard people moving around the house as Lay pulled his heavy suitcase behind him.

Baekhyun: Hyung!

Lay: How are you, Hyun-ah?

All the members that were home came out of their rooms one by one to come greet our dear Lay.

Sehun: Chanyeol Hyung is at his studio. I don't think he will come back tonight if we don't tell him that you're back.

Sehun said as all the members sat down together on the sofas. I didn't, because I had to leave soon.

Lay: Oh, that's okay. Let him be. I'm kind of exhausted so I will just got to bed tonight.

Xiumin: Junmyeon will sleep at his family house tonight, I think.

Kyungsoo: Let's all have dinner together tomorrow. Everyone will be home.

Chen: Have you eaten yet?

Lay: Not really. I just had a sandwich before boarding the plane in China.

Baekhyun: That's not good, Hyung! Let's make you something to eat.

Lay: Ah Ani, don't bother. I'll just get something from the fridge, don't worry.

Kyungsoo: No, it's fine. We can make you something quick.

Xiumin: Are you going out, Jongin-ah?

Xiumin asked me as they all stood up one by one. They had started to make their way towards the kitchen, and I didn't follow so he looked over at me.

Jongin: Eo. I'm going to see my family, then I'm seeing Soojung a little later.

I replied, putting my mask and cap on.

Chen: Alright. Be careful.

Baekhyun: Have fun!

Jongin: See you later, Hyungs!

I followed our manager out of the house and towards one of our vans. He had to drive me to my family house, since I didn't have my car with me. I usually prefer to park it at my family home when I can.

Jongin: Thank you Hyung. I'll go home with my car tonight, so you can head to bed.

I told our manager when he dropped me off. I walked up to the door and opened it with my set of keys.

Jongin: I'm home.

Jungah: Welcome home! How are you?

My sister greeted me with a tight hug. It had been a while since I last saw her.

My entire family had reunited at home for dinner and my sisters came with their husbands.

Jungyeon: Wasseo? Annyeong!

My oldest sister playfully patted my as a welcoming sign.

Jongin: Noona...

I whined because she does this every time we see each other and I find it weird. She laughed and did it again before she pinched my cheek as a bonus. I sighed as I walked up to my mother.

Jongin: Eomma.

I hugged my mother tightly and left a quick peck on her forehead before walking over to my father.

Jongin: Abeoji. Annyeonghaseyeo.

Mr Kim: Ah, Jongin-ah! How have you been, adeul?

He smiled at me and patted my back affectionately. He was in the living room, having a conversation with my brothers-in-law.

Jongin: Good. Where are the kids?

Jungyeon: I put them to bed right after dinner. I wanted them to see Jongin samchoon but they couldn't wait till this late.

I was gutted because I really wanted to see my niece and nephew. I haven't been able to see them in person in so long. My baby nephew was growing up way too fast for my liking.

Jongin: Hyung! How are you?

I asked Jungyeon's husband first. I had to show some respect because he was the oldest of the two brothers in law.

Hyungdo: I'm good!

Minho: Jongin, it's been a while!

Minho is my second brother in law. I've known Hyungdo and him for a very long time. They started to date my sisters a little after I became a trainee at SM.

Jongin: Nae, Hyung. It's nice to have everyone home tonight.

Mr Kim: Where is Soojung? I thought you were coming with her tonight.

Jungah: Appa, she is coming later. She is working at the moment.

My sister said, beating me to it.

Mrs Kim: And how do you know that?

Jungah: She told me when we texted earlier.

Minho: Those two text almost everyday. Jangnan aniyaeyo!

Hyungdo: Ah, now I feel less lonely. I thought that only Jungyeon did that.

Everyone chuckled at my brothers' remarks while I shook my head at my sisters.

Jungyeon: Soojung is just too cute. You cannot, not like her.

Mrs Kim: If someone heard you they would think that you were in love with her.

My mother said as she laughed.

Mr Kim: Well, she is dealing with this kid. That makes her even more likable.

My father smiled fondly. Everyone at home loves Soojung. The first time I introduced her to my sisters, these women talked about that meeting for days. All three of them.

She only met my parents and brothers in law twice but they all are very fond of her.

She often meets with my sisters for coffee, without even letting me know sometimes. I act annoyed every time I hear about it later, but it honestly makes me feel good inside.

To know that the person I love is loved by the most important people in my life is one of the best feelings in the world.

Mrs Kim: When will she be done with work?

Jongin: In about an hour or so.

Jungah: Are you going to fetch her?

Jongin: Her manager will drive her here. I will get a text message from him to let me know when when she they will be on their way.

Mrs Kim: Don't you think she will be tired after a long day like this? Don't you just want to have some down time with her?

Jongin: She insisted on coming to see you. I could not get her to change her mind at all.

Hyungdo: Aigo. You went for a stubborn one, like us.

Jungyeon: Yeobo!

We all laughed at my sister's reaction. It was so fun to because she always immediately falls for it.

Mrs Kim: Did you have dinner?

Jongin: Ani. I'm going to wait for Soojung. I don't think she had dinner before her event.

Mrs Kim: Arrasseo.

We all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter