Chapter 8

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 16th Top Chinese Music Awards started twenty minutes ago, and the boys were having a great time being together and having Lay with them.

After the first half of the show, it was finally time for NCT to perform. The boys got ready backstage, then EXO encouraged them and advised them to just have fun and enjoy their first stage, because it was the only scene that could never happen twice.

Kai and Sehun saw that Jaehyun was nervous, so they tried to reassure him about the performance as much as they could, before going back to their seats.

Chanyeol: What were you guys doing?

Jongin: Talking with Jaehyun.

Suho: He is going to do just fine.

Sehun sat down and held Kai's crutches for him while he sat down too. After talking amongst themselves for a bit, they turned their attention back to the ceremony.

-----------------------
Jongin

Host: We have a special gadget here that we would like some celebrities to try out, for fun.

The host walked down the stage and towards the celebrities' area with one of Samsung's famous gear VR devices in one hand.

He walked over to one of China's top singers and had him put it on to test it, making his fans squeal with joy, in the process. After the singer tried it out, the host turned to our side and seemed to be pondering on which one of us to make the next try.

Sehun and I were the closest ones to him, so I was nervous at the idea of being chosen for it. Thankfully, it seemed like Chanyeol's smiling face won him over, and he ended up handing it to him.

Sehun and I looked at each other and sighed in relief, before chuckling. We turned back to look at Chanyeol. He is popular among idols for his hilarious reaction skills, so I believe people were expecting a lot from him.

As soon as he put the device on his eyes, he made the entire room laugh with his gestures. He kept wiggling his hands and saying 'Wow', like a kid who was visiting an amusement park for the first time.

After he was done, all the members about it.

Kyungsoo: Why were you so excited? You have the same at home!

Chanyeol: It was fascinating! It fascinates me every time.

Sehun and I burst out laughing at his answer. It was cute, but at the same time, so funny.

Lay: It's starting!

We all turned towards the stage, and waited for NCT to show up. As soon as the music started, the entire room started screaming, taking us all by surprise.

Sehun: Daebak!

The boys and I clapped our hands together, to encourage our hoobaes. I looked over at our president, and he was proudly smiling at the boys. He looked so happy to see them perform on stage.

They safely ended their '7th Sense' performance and quickly ran backstage, before coming back at four, instead of seven.

Chanyeol: What song is it now?

Sehun: The other song.

Sehun replied seriously, making me and Lay laugh. We were the closest to the two, so we could hear everything they were saying.

Chanyeol: Well, duh!

He replied, looking at Sehun.

Chanyeol: Aren't they all singing it though?

He asked him again.

Sehun: Obviously not.

We laughed again, because Sehun was answering very nonchalantly, and Chanyeol was slightly getting annoyed.

The boys did very well, and we were all proud of them. We have seen some of these boys grow up before our eyes, and we felt a sense of achievement, for some odd reason.

Now we could finally understand how our Super Junior and SHINee sunbaenims felt towards us when we debuted. I felt like I needed to take care of them and help them somehow.

A little while after they performed, they came back to their seats.

Chanyeol: Good job, boys!

Jongin: Ssugeohaesseo!

After we congratulated them, our attention shifted back to the stage when Hangeng took up the stage to give out an award. It was quite rare for a former SM artist to be in the presence of so many SM artists, and the president of the company himself, at the same time. But it was nothing uncomfortable because he was one of the rare ones who kept in touch and stayed friends with his former members.

Our president and him seemed very closed, when we saw them backstage. He gave the award to Mr Lee Sooman and kept praising him for his kindness and professionalism.

We were the last one to go on stage, and after safely completing our performance, we received the main award of the ceremony. Overall, this award show was the best I went to, in a long time. I really felt the love coming from my fans, and all the support they showed me has went straight to my heart.

The boys and I went back to the hotel in a great mood, but we were all too tired to do anything else for the night. We called it a day, and separated into our hotel rooms.

Jongin: Any news from Hayoung?

I asked Sehun as we settled into our room.

Sehun: I am about to call her. Have you talked to Soojung yet?

Jongin: I want to, but I can't seem to find my phone.

Sehun: You gave it to Jaehyun earlier, because you wanted him to call her before his performance.

Jongin: Ah, battha! Can you call him on my phone, please?

I let Sehun take care of that while I went to take a shower. When I came back, Jaehyun was in our room, sitting on my bed.

Jongin: Jaehyun-ah!

Jaehyun: Hyung! You have to call my sister right now.

Jongin: What's wrong?

Sehun: She saw the pictures of you on a wheelchair, on the internet, and she panicked. She thought something bad happened to you after you talked to her.

Jongin: Bwo!?

Jaehyun: I also made a mistake. In an attempt to reassure her I told her that nothing happened to you after you talked, and that you were already moving around in a wheelchair from the beginning.

Jongin: Aah... Eotteokhae!

Jaehyun: Hyung, I really didn't think she would get mad.

Jongin: I know. How mad is she?

Sehun: 9 on a scale to 10. She is even mad at me for not telling her.

This was serious. Soojung was not the type to easily get mad at people, but when she did, it wasn't for nothing. She must have been seriously worried for me, for it to be a 9/10.

Sehun: You should call her right away.

Jongin: I know. Hand me my phone, please.

Sehun: Jaehyun and I will leave the room, since you can't walk.

Jongin: Thank you. Don't worry too much, Jaehyun. I know you didn't mean any harm.

I waited for the two boys to leave before pressing number 2 on speed dial. I tried to call her on FaceTime first, but she didn't pick up. I tried again to check if it was a problem of signal or if she was really rejecting my calls.

The same thing happened twice, so I decided to call her FaceTime audio instead. She picked that call up.

Jongin: Soojung?

Soojung: Hi.

Jongin: Why didn't you want to have FaceTime?

Soojung: I didn't want to.

Jongin: Why?

Soojung: Keugnan.

Jongin: What's wrong?

Soojung: Nothing.

I slightly sighed, before continuing.

Jongin: Soojung... I'm sorry for not telling you about the wheelchair. I should have told you right away, but I didn't want you to worry about me.

She didn't say anything, so I kept going on.

Jongin: I didn't want you to know that my leg was doing that bad. You don't need any more stress right now.

Soojung: What about you then? Last time I checked, you were the one with the most stress. You never tell me things like that, because you want to protect me, but all it does is to frustrates me instead. You're always talking about sharing the burden as a couple, but all you do is to keep your problems to yourself and let me tell you mine all the time.

Jongin: Soojung, it's not like that.

Soojung: I sometimes seriously feel like you don't want to share anything with me. I gave you a chance to tell me honestly what was happening, and you lied to me. Here I was, feeling guilty for worrying too much and making you feel uncomfortable. Aish, Jinjja!

Jongin: Soojung, calm down. I don't like knowing that you're this upset.

Soojung: But I am, Jongin! And I can be, sometimes! There's nothing wrong with being worried, getting upset or sad over someone you care about. That's why I don't understand why you want to protect me from feeling those things, so badly! Even when it's not your fault!

Jongin: I really didn't mean for it to go on like this... Soojung, I know that you're feeling frustrated for more than just that, but I will address these matters later on. I will make it up to you, I promise. I am sorry, baby.

It was her turn to sigh and listen.

Jongin: I've realized my mistakes. I care about you a lot, and I don't want you to forget that.

I continued.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter