Chapter 21

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                     

Sehun and Soojung were having dinner together at her apartment. From the moment he got there to the end of dessert, they did not speak of anything apart from work and family related subjects.

Sehun did not know how to bring up the topic in a subtile way. He was not ready to face an infuriated and hurt Soojung, considering what had happened with Jongin earlier. What he did not know was that she was worried about telling him about the kiss or not.

At some point there was no more topic of conversation, so they eventually had to bring it up again.

Sehun: Do you want to talk about what happened earlier?

Soojung's mind immediately trailed off to the kiss part of the day, not even considering the possibility that he was referring to anything else.

Soojung: He didn't mean to do it! There was no harm in it, I swear!

Sehun looked at her with a confused expression. He cocked his head to the side and stared at his friend for a long second.

Sehun: Are we talking about Jongin?

Soojung: Huh?... Yeah, of course! Who else would we be talking about?

She looked down at her plate and stayed silent for a little while. As much as she did not want to talk about her argument with Jongin, she did not want even less to talk about the kiss. She had to make an immediate choice, and it was the obvious one.

Soojung: Why did you let him come over when I told you that I wasn't ready for any conversation?

Sehun: I thought that it would be helping the situation a little bit.

Soojung: Well, it didn't! Everything got worse. Way worse than you can imagine!

Sehun: I'm doing this for the both of you, Krys! I personally still don't think that it was such a bad idea to force the two of you to meet, after all.

Soojung: Why would you think that I was ready to see him, considering all the things that I told you? We are not ready to have any sorts of conversation about that topic.

Sehun: You're talking about it as if it was a taboo or something. It's a relationship we're talking about.

Soojung: Yes, I know, and it's mine.

The conversation was going ashtray, and the two friends were starting to heat up a little bit. Sehun decided to put a stop on the bickering.

Sehun: Listen, Soojung. I just don't want you two to get used to being single, and end up liking the separation.

Soojung: It won't happen, don't worry. You know that I love Jongin, and I don't doubt that he loves me back.

Soojung was speaking, but the more things she said, the more guilty she felt.

Sehun: Then what?

Sehun asked, interrupting her train of thoughts.

Soojung: It's just... It's just that we need this space right now, to decide what will be best to do. I also want to go back to what we were, but Jongin has to learn that we're in this together, and that even though I will always support and understand him, he has to want to let me help. He has to realize that I will always want the best for us, and for him!

Sehun: He knows that!

Soojung: No, he doesn't! All the decisions that I've taken in the past weeks were for his well being, not because I was trying to fight with him, or to stop him from going back on stage. None of you understand!

She stood up on started rummaging around the room, as she felt the frustration coming back again.

Soojung: Sehun, I've taken a lot of things in, for the sake of this relationship. It's going to be so hard if I loose him because of these stupid things.

She said, her voice cracking at the end. Sehun stood up and came to stand next to her. He held her hands and stopped her from continuing what she was doing.

Sehun: Soojung, I don't want you to go through so many emotions just because of a stupid argument with Jongin. It's hurting you more than it should.

Soojung: I feel like I am being so overdramatic.

Sehun: No, you're not. You've always been one to feel things in a deeper way than most people.

She chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

Sehun: Now... what do you want to do?

She stayed silent and looked at him, without answering for a while.

Soojung: I'd rather take some more time to think about it.

Sehun: Alright... I'll let him know.

Soojung: What... what did he say about me kicking him out?

Sehun: He felt really bad for saying some of the stuff he said. He wanted me to apologize for him.

She smiled.

Sehun: Why didn't you take the dog though?

Soojung: Why would I take a gift from him, right now? Plus a dog is one of the most pressuring gift ever, considering that we're not together at the moment. And I don't have anyone to help me take care of a pet, when I'm not home.

She took another breathe and sat back on her chair.

Soojung: I don't even know where he got that weird idea from.

Sehun: Erm... Must be one of those crazy ideas of his...

Sehun sat back down too, and looked away from her.

Soojung: Mm.

Sehun: Listen. I'm going to tell him to back off for a bit, and when you'll be ready make sure to call him. How does this sound?

Soojung: Good.

Sehun: But don't make him wait for too long. He really feels bad for everything. And yes, he knows what he did.

Sehun dryly chuckled before continuing.

Sehun: The two of you are like little kids. I feel like I'm meddling into a kinder-gardeners' love quarrel.

Soojung chuckled and gave Sehun a light and playful punch on the arm. The two friends talked about everything and anything after that, and Soojung made her possible not think of what happened earlier.

After a few more moments, Sehun was called and asked to come home, as it was getting late.

They talked and laughed together as she accompanied him to the door. He had to go back to the dorm before their manager got back home.

Soojung: Thank you for stopping by, Sehun. And I'm sorry for snapping at you so heartedly earlier.

Sehun laughed again.

Sehun: That's okay. I was close to snapping at you too, so we're kind of even in a way. I would have won tho, if I did.

Soojung: Yeah, right. Keep telling that to yourself, if it helps you sleep at night.

Sehun chuckled and nodded his head, before giving his friend a hug.

Sehun: Everything will be fine.

Soojung: I hope so.

Sehun: See you tomorrow, Sooj.

He said as he let go of her. She nodded her head.

------------------------
Jongin

It had been a week already since I went to visit Soojung, but we have not been able to see each other very often during that period of time.

I texted her the first few days, trying to see if she had forgiven me, but she was always so vague in her texts. I felt like I was really loosing her, and it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I felt like she was slowly getting away from me.

Even though I was anxious about loosing her, I still decided to stop reaching out to her for the time being, until she was ready to speak to me.

I wanted to keep the little dog I had bought her until s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter