Chapter 22

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung was rummaging around her room, looking for the rest of her clothes to finish packing on time. She was on her way to Italy again, to shoot the rest of her pictorial for Vogue Korea.

She was in no mood to be working at the moment, but she knew better than to let her personal issues rub off on her work. Particularly in a wrong way.

It was true that she had not been in contact with Jongin even once, for the past three days, but she did not want that to affect her professionalism, even one bit.

Whenever she thought of all that went down during this supposedly break, she felt horrible, so she just decided not to talk or think about it at all for the time being.

At first she wanted to make amends and do everything to make him forgive her but seeing how Jongin used that one mistake, that was not even hers to begin with, to turn the whole argument around, she had decided to stop pushing for an immediate reconciliation.

She had planned to have breakfast with Sehun before the airport that day, because he had insisted that they saw each other before she left. He kept saying that he had something important to tell her.

She wondered about what was so urgent for him to request a meeting before she left.

-------------------

Soojung

I made my way over to the table where Sehun was waiting for me, clutching my handbag under my arm. He smiled when he saw me and made some room for me to sit next to him.

Soojung: Hey!

Sehun: Hey, Sooj'! How are you?

I quickly gave him a hug before sitting down. We met at the company's cafeteria so that it would be more comfortable for the both of us. There were not a lot of people around, except for a few trainees here and there.

Then again it was very early in the morning, and most of them were probably on their way back to their dorms after practicing during the night.

Soojung: I'm good! Sorry, I had to finish packing before coming. Have you been waiting for a long time?

Sehun: Not really. Are you done with everything?

I took my jacket off before nodding my head.

Soojung: I'm going straight to the airport after this! What are you going to do today?

Sehun: I have to practice for the most part of the morning. The other members are upstairs actually. Do you want to come up and say hi?

Soojung: No, it's fine. I'll see them when I come back. What was so important?

He shook his head at me, and sighed. I knew what he was trying to do, but I really did not want to go there. Not at the moment.

Sehun: I heard from Jongin.

I didn't say anything and just waited for him to continue, because there was no point in asking what he was referring to.

Sehun: I know that you did nothing wrong, and I let him know that he was overreacting. You were even honest enough to come and tell him directly!

Soojung: At least one person understands.

Sehun: Not just one. Suho and D.O Hyungs too! We all agree on that!

Soojung: Oh, so he told everybody! How great!

I said, sarcastically.

Sehun: No, he just told Suho Hyung and I. D.O Hyung just happened to be there, because they happen to share a room, you know. Small detail.

He replied sassily. I was starting to annoy him, I could tell.

Soojung: Anyways, I'm glad you guys understand, but what's the point if he doesn't.

Sehun: That's why I wanted to see you. Soojung, it's been three weeks already.

Soojung: I don't know what to say, Sehun. I don't even know what I want anymore!

Sehun: I know what you want! You miss him, and trust me he misses you very much too. You guys are just too proud to admit it, and get over this!

It was my turn to shake my head at him and sigh. He just did not understand.

Sehun: Soojung, the two of you are acting like the world has fallen onto your shoulders when really, everything can be fine with a little bit of communication! It's very frustrating to see, if I am being honest, because you are wasting the quality time you could be spending together.

He stopped for a second then turned to me, before continuing very seriously.

Sehun: This time should be used to strengthen your relationship, not to weaken it! What are you going to do if Jongin wakes up one day and feels like he is better off that way?

My heart stopped when he said those words. I did not know how I was going to react, to feel, if that ever happened. To me, this was just a break, and I hoped Jongin felt the same way.

Sehun: And it's not only him, what if you wake up one day and start feeling as though you've lost two and a half years of your life with this relationship? How sad would that be like?

The more Sehun talked, the more I realized how ridiculously serious this was turning out to be. I just wanted a break. I just needed a break.

Soojung: How did it turn into this, Sehun?

Sehun: I seriously don't know! All I know is that I'm tired of always being so serious because of you guys! You are taking the fun out of The Oh Sehun!

He said, rather seriously, which was funny. I could not help but giggle at his comment.

Soojung: I don't know why you're taking this so at heart though.

Sehun: Because I am tired of being on my toes whenever I'm with one of you. Where's all the fun gone?

Soojung: You're being silly. I have to go, Sehun. Is there anything else you'd like to say?

Sehun: Yes! You should forgive him now, Soojung. For the sake of everyone.

He said. He looked like he was joking, but at the same time he sounded honest. Was this situation really affecting more than just us?

Soojung: Whatever, I really have to go now.

Sehun: Okay. I'll walk you to your car.

As we walked out of the cafeteria we met my brother, Jaehyun, who was coming in for another practice. It had been days since I last saw him, so I was happy to be able to see his face before leaving for Italy.

Soojung: Take care of yourself, my baby! Make sure to eat well, and to get enough sleep. Okay?

Jaehyun: Okay. Make sure to get as much rest as possible too. Take care of yourself, Noona. Noona, don't forget that I love you! Text me when you land! Bye bye!

He quickly said, then left after giving me the tightest hug ever.

Jaehyun is not the type to be very vocal about his feelings, especially with me, because we have this let's-always-look-cool brother and sister type of relationship that makes us hold in a little bit. Most of the time when we say I Love You , it is instigated by Miss mushy herself, Jessica.

For him to tell me not to forget that he loves me, I could tell that he was also worried about me. Maybe Sehun was right, and this was really affecting our entourage too.

Sehun: I'm always right! Now get out of here and leave before I start getting serious again!

My manager and my stylist were already waiting for me in the car, so all I had to do was get out of the building. I turned to Sehun and gave him a quick hug.

Soojung: Thanks again, Sehun.

Sehun: Yeah, yeah. Don't forget to buy me souvenirs!

I chuckled while watching him run away from the door before it opened, to prevent fans from seeing him. It was only six in the morning, but so many girls were in front of SM.

Well, their Oppas were in the building, so!

When I settled at my seat on the plane, I thought about everything once again. I felt like that was all I had been doing for the past few weeks. I was not really living things fully, because I always had these thoughts at heart.

I always had this fear at the back of my mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter