Extra Chapter 3 - After All Is Over

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Exo: We're going KoKoBop!

As the music came to a stop, fan chants and screams could be heard inside the entire room.

EXO successfully came back with their latest mini album The War, and the title track KoKoBop.

After winning their 15th trophy for the song, the group finally completed their promotions of two months. It was finally time for them to get some rest and enjoy a long week of rest, before going back on the road for the annual SMTOWN concerts.

The boys reluctantly left the stage one by one as they energetically waved their fans goodbye. It was always a hard transition to go from being active for a long time to going back to not doing much.

More than anyone else, Jongin was dreading that last stage the most. He didn't want to rest, he wanted to keep going.

He wanted to keep being busy and not think about anything else.

Notably, his and Soojung's break up.

He was finally happy after a long time, and that was thanks to the fact that he was so busy and tired all the time that he didn't even have a second to spare to those thoughts.

It was all too complicated and saddening to him.

There was no clear explanation for why they ended up breaking up. It just... happened.

According to their families and friends, the pressure, the attention, and the time they couldn't spend together finally got the best of them.

They both agreed that their friendship was way too important for them to lose, by pulling each other down because they wanted to be together.

It was hard. Really hard, for the both of them.

And since it happened barely three weeks after they flew to Hawaii to celebrate their anniversary, and made all those plans and promises, it hurt them way more.

All the things Jongin had told her, all the things he had promised her, flew out the window the moment they sat down to talk, that horrible night.

Soojung had seen it coming. Something kept telling her that she would have to let go of him, at some point.

As he got busy with the comeback preparations, she started spending more time alone, and she thought of where they were at that time last year.

Jongin was miserable because he thought he had betrayed his fans and let s down.

Was it really worth it, risking their friendship and their careers by holding onto a relationship that they both felt was going to fall apart someday, anyway? They didn't think so.

At least that's what they have been telling themselves everyday since, to convince themselves that it was the right choice to make.

They hadn't seen each other since.

Jongin was so busy with the comeback, and Soojung was having such a frantic time with her acting career that it was even impossible for them to be in the same building at the same time. They just didn't have the same schedules, nor the same free time.

When he thought about it from time to time, he felt like things worked out for the better in the end.

But now that he was sitting in the car, on his way back to the dorm, Jongin wasn't so sure anymore.

"What are you going to do tonight?" Xiumin asked the members he was riding with.

"Probably just sleep. I'm exhausted" Chen said.

"I have a few auditions for the next few days, so I'm going to work on my scripts and rest tonight" D.O replied.

He was the busiest of them all, so everyone knew better than to disturb his rest after such busy schedules.

"What about you, Hyung?" D.O asked Xiumin.

"Same as Jongdae. I'm just going to stay home for days and rest before work starts again" He replied.

"Jongin? Are you going out with Chanyeol and Sehun tonight?" Chen asked the youngest one.

"Ah, I don't think so. They're going to be hanging out with their friends, so I'm not going to intrude. I'm going to see what Taemin is up to, maybe hang out with him" Jongin replied.

When they got home they all took a drink together to celebrate their successful promotions, before everyone scattered around the dorm to go get ready for their plans.

Jongin called Taemin on FaceTime and he told him that he was going to be at the company to practice late, and since Jongin had nothing better to do, he decided to go see his best friend.

Soojung was at her drama shoot, hanging out with her co-stars. It was her last day of shoot, but contrarily to Jongin, she wasn't nostalgic about the end closing in.

While Jongin had the chance to be busy right after the break up, Soojung hadn't been so lucky. It was a time when she was doing literally nothing, and the separation could be felt on her side.

Even though at first she wished she had something to rely on, to forget about everything else, now that she thought about it, she was glad it happened like that.

If she'd automatically fell back into a hectic schedule she would not have had time to really process the changes in her life. With that break, she had time to realize that it was really over and to move on with her life, no matter how hard it was.

Now she wasn't fearing the end of the drama, because she would just be going back to her normal every day life. And she was fine with that.

"I don't want it to finish!" Sekyung whined, making all the cast members laugh.

"I'm going to miss having you guys around, for real" Juhwan said. "Sekyung with her Ahjhumma jokes, Myung with his humor, and Soojung with her unintentional aegyo" He added.

"Aye, what about me?" Joohyuk exclaimed.

"Joohyuk with his handsome frozen face" Sekyung joked.

"Aah, Eonnie!" Soojung exclaimed.

They all laughed again, not understanding why Sekyung always had to be so weird.

"But for real, let's all have meals together from time to time. I'll buy" Juhwan said.

"Hyogshi, Shin CEO!" Gongmyung said.

"Oh my God, I was about to say the same thing! Daebak!" Soojung said, surprised.

"See? I told you that the two of you have become so alike, in a matter of weeks!" Sekyung commented.

"So much!" Joohyuk agreed.

The cast members laughed again. There was always such a great mood on set.

Everyone was always in such good spirit.

"Juhwan, Joohyuk, Sekyung-ah! Let's get back to it!" The producer called.

"Okay!" The three of them exclaimed, standing up from the table.

"Good luck!" Soojung and Myung said at the same time.

"See?"

Sekyung did her victory dance on her way out, making the youngest ones chuckle.

"What are you going to do after tonight's shoot?" Soojung asked Gongmyung.

"I'm going to have dinner with my brother and my parents. It's been a while" He replied. "What about you? Are you going to see Jaehyun tonight?"

"I am, actually. But it's just going to be him, my sister, and I. I'm going to be picking him up at the company later on, and the three of us will be celebrating her album release" She replied.

He nodded his head and checked something on his phone before speaking again.

"I just bought the album" He said, nonchalently.

"For real?!" She asked, surprised.

He cooly showed her and nodded his head, as if it was nothing.

"Thank you so much, Myung! That means a lot to me. Really"

She smiled and looked at him, touched by the sudden action. She remained silent, looking at him like that for a short while, then he spoke again.

"It's going to feel weird not having you around to tease"

"I've got the best jokes anyway, so I'm the one who's going to miss the teasing part" She said.

"Yeah, right! As if anyone would believe you!" He refuted.

She giggled and shook her head in a dismissive way.

"Let's have dinner with our brothers once in a while" She suggested.

"I'll be happy to do that. It could be fun" Gongmyung replied.

They made some more small talk before leaving the room to go shoot their scenes too. At the end of the day, everyone gathered around a cake that Joohyuk had bought for the last day.

The staff members were thankful, in a good mood, and the group of friends enjoyed themselves more than ever.

After everyone thanked everyone again, they all went their separate ways.

Gongmyung and Soojung were the last to leave the set, because they were the last ones to shoot their scenes. They met in front of their respective cars and talked some more again.

"I'll be on my way now, Soojung-ah. Don't be a stranger, alright?" He told her.

She giggled and nodded her head.

"I'll try my best. Have a safe trip back" She replied.

He smiled and opened his arm, and she came in for a quick hug. He patted her head before tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter