Chapter 4

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the award ceremony, they had to stop at a fast food restaurant first because Sehun was hungry and grumpy. He couldn't wait until they got home, to eat.

When they finally got to EXO's house, Krystal followed them inside, to wait for Kai, while he packed his stuff for the two nights and three days trip.

Suho and Baekhyun stayed with her in the lounge room and tried to get some information out of her.

---------------
Soojung

Suho: So, where are you taking him?

Soojung: Somewhere.

Baekhyun: Is it out of town!? Out of the country!?

Soojung: Even better than that! Out of the world! I'm taking him back home!

Baekhyun: Home? You mean his real home?

Soojung: Yes! Where it all started: on the EXO planet! Crazy, right!?

Suho laughed at my joke and eventually gave up because he knew me quite well, and if I have decided not to tell them anything, I won't tell them anything.

Baekhyun was a bit too optimistic about the situation still.

Baekhyun: Soojuuuuung... Please tell us. We just want to know, we're not going to tell the other members, we promise.

Sehun: What won't you tell us?

I turned around to look at where Sehun was walking in.

Baekhyun: Where Soojung is taking Jongin. I'll be back, Soojung. We're not done talking about it!

He stood up and rushed upstairs to do God knows what, leaving a laughing Suho and a very confused Sehun behind him. I shook my head, not understanding how a human being could have that much energy.

Suho: I'll be back. Just going to change my clothes.

Soojung: Arrasseo, Oppa.

Sehun: Want something to drink, Jung?

He asked me when Suho left.

Soojung: No thanks.

I was watching him and I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong today. Thinking about the whole night, he hasn't joked with me at all. Considering that his favorite game was the "Let's bother Soojung to capacity" game, it was a bit disturbing to see him so calm around me.

I watched him walk to the kitchen, so I stood up and followed him there. I found him pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

He turned around when he heard me walk in.

Sehun: Need something?

Soojung: No. I just wanted to know if you were okay. You seem very out of it tonight.

Sehun: What do you mean?

Soojung: I know my best friend. But to state a few weird things, you haven't bothered me the whole night. In fact you've weirdly been way too nice to me. Offering me something to drink? Really? Usually you would have told me to go get it myself!

I said, chuckling at the thought.

Sehun was one of my closest friends, and one of the rare ones who knew me deep to the core. He was one I could confine to, when I needed someone to listen to me, but at the same time he was the most annoying of them all. A best friend, basically.

I knew something was wrong with him.

Soojung: So? What's wrong?

Sehun: Nothing, Soojung. Don't worry about me. Where are you taking Jongin to?

Soojung: I'll tell you if you tell me first.

He chuckled and took a sip of his orange juice, before looking at me again.

Sehun: I don't think you'll be the best person to listen to me about this subject. We have two completely different takes on it.

Soojung: And how do you know that?

Sehun: Because you do the same thing.

Soojung: The same thing? As who?

Sehun: Hayoung.

Soojung: Hayoung and I? What's the thing we do?

Sehun: You want to keep your relationships secret.

I looked at him, trying to understand what he was so upset about.

Soojung: Sehun... We're not trying to keep our relationships secret. We are trying to keep our private lives, private. That's all.

He dryly chuckled as if he didn't believe me.

Soojung: I have no reason to lie to you, Sehun. If we, girls are being so careful, it's because we know what we will have to go trough if it ever comes out. And by we, I am including you boys too. If Hayoung acts like I do, like you said, then it must mean that she thinks the same, and let me tell you that, that intention is everything but ill.

His facial features started to soften up a bit. I could see that he was starting to understand.

Soojung: That's why you've got to be patient. I know you're more carefree than Jongin, and that you feel like you should have the right to date publicly, because it's your life, and you're totally right. But it's complicated in the world we live in.

Sehun: I know.

Soojung: You just have to be there for her. Support her as much as you can, so that you won't ever regret anything in the future, whatever happens. She is a great girl.

Sehun: I know. Thank you, Soojungle.

He walked over to me and hugged me. I smiled as I hugged him back, happy to have been able to cheer him up a bit, like he always does for me.

Sehun: So? Where are you taking him?

He asked me as soon as we broke apart from the hug.

Soojung: I thought you forgot about that.

Sehun: Never. So?

Soojung: To the resort I took my sister to, two years ago.

Sehun: In your TV show?

Soojung: Eo.

Sehun: That's nice. Enjoy it, but don't be too naughty, okay?

He said before winking at me. I was dumbfounded by the stupidity of this human being.

Soojung: Yah! Don't say this kind of things, Sehun!

He burst out laughing, probably finding my reaction funny, while I was starting to blush real hard. See? That's what he does, all the time.

Jongin: Is everything okay?

We both turned in the direction where the voice was coming from. Sehun was still trying to stop laughing, but with no success.

Sehun: Yeah. Thanks to this ice princess.

I playfully shoved him on the arm, trying to make him stop but his laugh was uncontrollable.

Soojung: Are you done packing already?

Jongin: Eo. Are you ready to go?

Soojung: Yes. Let's go.

Sehun: Have a safe trip, guys. Jongin, I'll see you in two days. Be careful with your ankle.

Jongin: Don't worry, Appa. See you later!

Jongin went to take his car first, while I waited in the front yard.

Soojung: How much did he pack?

I asked myself while looking at Jongin's heavy bag that I was holding. He was back with his car after five minutes, then we uploaded the trunk with our bags.

Jongin: How come you already have your clothes with you? Did you go home at some point?

He asked me as we put the last bag in the trunk.

Soojung: Ani. I always have a change of clothes in my car.

Jongin: Ah.

Soojung: Keys.

I said, holding my hand out.

Jongin: What?

Soojung: I am driving.

Jongin: No, you're not.

Soojung: Yes I am. It took you five minutes to drive from this close distance to here. I don't want you to drive any more, with that ankle of yours.

Jongin: Soojung-

Soojung: Jongin!

I think he saw that I was extremely serious about it, so he gave up and handed me the keys, before walking around to reach the passenger's seat.

I got in the car and started the engine.

Jongin: Where to?

He asked me, giving me his GPS for me to type the address in. I looked it up on the internet before putting it in and placing it in front of me.

Jongin: It's not in Seoul!?

Soojung: It's an hour away from here. 1h30 if I drive like Jinki Oppa, and 40 minutes if I drive like Jonghyun Oppa. What do you choose?

Jongin: How about driving like Jung Soojung and getting us there safely?

He said, making me chuckle.

Soojung: Got it! Let's go.

We departed as soon as I was reacquainted a bit with his car. I've already drove it twice but I still get nervous every time I do it again because it's not my car. There's more things I have to be careful about.

Soojung: Can you put some music on, please?

Jongin: What do you want to listen to?

Soojung: Happy songs. I am in a happy mood tonight.

Jongin: Happy playlist it is!

When people hear the word 'Happy', they automatically think of upbeat and uptempo songs. I admit that I sometimes listen to that genre, but my definition of a happy song is one a little less uptempo, and with a lot of feels instead. Like our song X or EXO's thunder. Those are the types of songs that I would have in a 'Happy Playlist', if I had one.

Thankfully I have a boyfriend who's into the same exact type of music as me. I'm lucky.

We jammed together for a while and talked a bit about the night and its memorable and funny moments.

After thirty minutes of driving, we naturally fell silent. I could see that he was extremely tired.

Soojung: Baby, you can sleep. I'll wake you up when we're there.

Jongin: I don't want to sleep and let you drive with no assistance at night.

Soojung: It's not my first time to drive at night, Jongin. You can rest for a bit, don't worry.

Jongin: You won't take no for an answer, will you?

He asked me, and I could feel that he was smirking without even looking at him.

Soojung: Nope. Now sleep, you're disturbing my focus.

He chuckled and finally agreed to sleep for the remaining time of the ride. I turned the volume down a bit, but let it loud enough for me to hear a sound. I didn't want to feel too lonely, without him talking, and without any music too.

Soojung: What can I listen to... Mm...

I asked myself w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter