Chapter 13

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------

Soojung

The next morning I woke up in a very good mood. I was genuinely happy and I felt extremely good.

I turned to the other side of the bed and looked at the sleeping Jongin, next to me. Just seeing this relaxed expression of his when he slept, made me happy. I knew that my day was going to be a memorable one.

I took my phone and checked the time. It was still pretty early in the morning so I took my time and slowly got up from the bed to go get ready.

After getting changed, I looked for a piece of paper and a pen and wrote him a note, letting him know that I went back to my room to wait for Victoria.

I gathered up my stuff and grabbed my flowers and other gifts, before leaving the room. I made sure not to make any noise to prevent him from waking up just yet.

I silently ran to the elevator and prayed not to meet anyone on my way to my room, and thank God I didn't. I quickly slipped through the door of my hotel room as soon as I reached it.

When I got into my room, I gently dropped my stuff on the table and sat on my bed for a second. I started smiling, thinking back at what happened the night before. I never thought I would feel so contented.

It really is an unexplainable feeling.

I guess that everyone lives it it differently, but I couldn't think of a moment I felt more connected to Jongin in the past.

It's no secret to anyone that mine and Jongin's minds undeniably understood one another, but this time it was different. We were now one in mind and body, and no one but us knew about it.

I have always told myself that the most important thing in life is to avoid doing something you think you could regret and when thinking about it, I really don't regret it.

Without noticing, thirty minutes of my time slipped away and I was still sitting on my bed, in a daze.

Soojung: Jeongshin charyo, Jung Soojung!

I stood up from the bed, walked over to my luggage and after picking the clothes I was going to wear, I rushed to the bathroom.

I was done doing everything by 9.30 am, just in time when someone started opening my room's door.

Victoria walked in after a few seconds, with a huge smile on her face. I immediately walked towards her while returning the smile.

Soojung: Eonnie!

I hugged her as soon as I reached her level, genuinely happy to have her here with me. She hugged me back almost immediately, before replying.

Victoria: Uri aegi! How have you been?

She asked me as I pulled her luggage inside the room for her.

Soojung: Good! How was your flight?

Victoria: Tiring. I need some sleep, Soojung-ah!

She said after I closed the door and came to sit down next to her on the bed.

Soojung: You should rest. I'll wake you up if we need to do something.

Victoria: I can't. Oppa told me to get changed and come down for breakfast, and we will leave for the venue right after.

Soojung: Why are we leaving so early for the venue?

Victoria: Everyone has to do the rehearsals for tonight. We need to be there early so that we can check everything properly.

She told me with assurance. I could tell that she was very tired but also that she wanted our performance to be mistakes and accidents free.

Victoria is such a professional and dedicated person. That's why she is the best leader for us. She is extremely reliable.

Victoria: What did you girls do yesterday?

She asked me as she started unpacking her stuff on the floor. My head immediately snapped up, looking at her.

Soojung: Erm... We- I-I...

I started stuttering, not knowing what to tell her. Because I wasn't saying anything else, she looked at me.

Victoria: What?

Soojung: Ani!

Victoria: What did you do yesterday, Soojung?

"Girls, can I come in?"

Our manager knocked at the door and started to walk in just in time, saving me from this conversation. I jumped up and ran to the door, excitedly opening it for him.

Soojung: Come on in, Oppa!

I said, pulling him inside our room.

He looked confused at first but he quickly recovered and told us what he came up for.

Joon: I need you girls to be ready in twenty minutes for breakfast. Everyone will be gathering downstairs soon.

Victoria: Okay. We will be there.

Victoria looked back at me before smiling.

Joon: Okay, I'll let you finish while I go check if they got everything ready for our tables. See you later.

Soojung: Actually I'll go down with you, Oppa!

I said, grabbing my phone and jacket from my bed and quickly wearing my shoes.

Soojung: See you downstairs, Eonnie!

Victoria: Eo.

I heard her say before I walked out of the room.

Joon: Are you really coming down with me?

I looked at him before shaking my head no.

Joon: Why didn't you stay with Victoria, then?

Soojung: I just wanted to walk around the hotel a bit. Oppa, hogshi, do you know what is Taemin Oppa's room number?

He chuckled a bit before taking his phone.

Joon: Room 3024.

He told me after he hung up with SHINee's manager.

Soojung: Gomawo, Oppa! I'll be down for breakfast in time!

I faintly waved at him before getting in the elevator. I only went up to one floor, and walked over to the room number Joon just told me.

I quickly knocked on the door, only to be asked who I was by one of the boys inside the room. Of course, they were too lazy to come and check for themselves. These boys, really.

Soojung: It's Soojung!

After I said my name, I could hear people moving around in the room and almost five seconds later someone came at the door.

Jonghyun: My Soojung! Come in!

I hugged Jonghyun tight after I walked into the room and smiled at Taemin who just walked out of the bathroom.

Taemin: Good morning, Soojung.

Jonghyun: What brings you here so early?

Soojung: Ah. I just wanted to thank Taemin Oppa for yesterday.

Jonghyun: Thank him for what?

Jonghyun asked the both of us, looking lost.

Taemin: I helped Jongin set her up a date yesterday.

Jonghyun: Yah! Why are the two of you meeting without me knowing about it? I'm going to have to talk to Jongin today!

He started saying while frowning. It made me laugh every time Jonghyun acted like this because I always felt like he was the older brother I never had.

Soojung: I'm happy to see that you're his roommate. Oppa, it's been a while!

I said, pouting at him.

Jonghyun: Arra! You have been away for way too long. How have you been?

He asked me, patting my head.

Soojung: Good. I'm done with my schedules in China, so I'm going to rest for a bit now.

Jonghyun: That's good. Let's have dinner together once we're back in Seoul.

I nodded my head and smiled at him.

Taemin, Jonghyun and I hung out in their room for the remaining time until their manager called them downstairs.

As we went down together, we met Onew and Suho on the way.

Onew: Soojung-ah!

I hugged both of them before we all took the elevator together. It was a very lovely morning for me as I was surrounded by some of the few people I really appreciated and considered family.

When we got to the dinning hall we found all of our members and almost every SM artist sitting around their group tables.

I spotted f(x)'s table on the side, and I was happy to notice that SHINee's and EXO's tables were placed next to it.

I quickly looked around and that's when I met his gaze.

Jongin was looking at me, making me feel a new tingling in my entire body. He nodded his head at me and smiled fondly.

I could only return the smile and nod my head at him, too shy to do anything else.

Taemin: Soojung? Come on.

Taemin's voice broke me out of my daze and I looked at my friend. He was motioning for me to follow him to our tables.

Luna: Soojungie! Good morning!

Luna said as I sat down next to her.

Soojung: Good morning.

I replied before smiling and greeting everyone around the table.

Since everyone was sitting with their managers and personal staff members, the tables were full and it felt like we were all on a vacation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter