Chapter 25

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongin, Taemin and Sehun were all activating themselves, trying to finish the last touches for their New Year Eve's small gathering. Jongin had the idea to organize something with a few of their closest friends, at EXO's house.

Most of the members had already made plans for the night, leaving the house to the two maknaes and their guests. People were already on their way to the location.

It was just going to be a small thing, they were going to watch a movie, listen to some music, and spend some down time all together.

Jongin: Sehun-ah, did you check if the guest bathroom was clean?

Sehun: Just did, and everything is perfect! It also smells like roses!

Jongin: Roses?! Soojung hates that smell, Sehun!

Sehun: Yes, but Hayoung loves it!

Taemin: Look at these two yeochin pabodeul! Are you going to keep acting like this, all night long?

Jongin: If you're jealous, just start taking care of your own girlfriend!

Taemin: She is not my girlfriend.

Sehun: Please, Hyung. It's not like you can't change that.

Taemin: Who said that I wanted it to change, anyway? It's already too late for Naeun and I.

Jongin: No, it's not. If she is still willing to come to your party, even after you've decided to take a break, then it means that she wants it to work out. You should know when to take a hint, Taemin.

Sehun and Taemin stared at Jongin with knowing looks.

Taemin: Are you kidding me?

Taemin asked Sehun.

Sehun: Is this the same guy who fought with me, because he didn't know how to win his girlfriend back?

Taemin: I don't know, Sehun. I mean, they look alike, but they sure sound different. The Jongin from a few weeks back would have been mopping around, about loosing Soojung.

Jongin: Okay, okay! I get it, that's enough!

The two boys laughed together before going back to what they were doing. They only had one more hour at best, before everyone got to the house.

 

-------------------------------

Soojung

Soojung: Naun-ah? Where are you?

She asked her friend, over the phone.

Naeun: We're right around the corner, Soojung. Are you at the back?

Soojung: Eo. I'm wearing a grey hoodie.

Naeun: Alright! See you in a bit!

I hung up and hid behind a huge van, patiently waiting for Naeun's car to appear. After a few minutes I heard one driving by, so I went out from my hiding and waited for someone to come out of it. As soon as I saw Naeun's head, I rushed to the vehicle and jumped in.

Soojung: Hey, girls!

Naeun: Hello, Soojung!

Hayoung turned and smiled at me.

Hayoung: How have you been?

Soojung: Good. How have you girls been?

Naeun: Good too.

I looked at Naeun for a second and decided not to push things, about Taemin. We all knew that Taemin and her had broken up not too long ago, and I was very well aware of how she must be really feeling, lately. I did not think she wanted everyone to ask her how she was doing.

Hayoung: How are things with Kai-ssi?

I chuckled a bit.

Soojung: Every time you call him Kai-ssi, I can't help but find it funny. You guys should have became more acquainted to one another by now. You're dating his best friend!

Hayoung: I know, but I'm too shy. He always tries to make me feel comfortable, but there's just something intimidating about him. Don't you think, Eonnie?

She asked Naeun who was laughing with me.

Naeun: I know what you mean. The first time I talked to him when he delivered the message from Taemin Oppa, during our show, I could not even look at him in the eyes.

Hayoung: I know, right?

Naeun: And the same goes for Sehun! He used to look super innocent and cute, and one day I saw one of his magazine's covers, and he looked so mature. Since then I can't even look at him in the eyes!

Soojung: Come on, you girls! These guys are like little bunnies!

Hayoung: You say that because you've known all of them since you were kids! They're like family to you!

I smiled, thinking of my friends and my boyfriend. It was true that I had a different view of them than the one the public, and the people not too close to them, had. But I knew enough to admit that these three are indeed very charismatic, and borderline intimidating, men.

Soojung: We've all changed. We grew up so much.

Naeun: That's for sure. I can't even recognize the guy I fell in love with, three years ago, so I bet people change fast.

Hayoung and I stayed silent for a little while.

Soojung: Why are you going there tonight, if you don't feel like seeing Taemin Oppa?

Naeun: That's the thing, Soojung... I do feel like seeing him. I miss that boy.

Hayoung: Then get back with him! I'm sure that's what he wants too!

Naeun: I don't think that's possible, Hayoung.

Hayoung: Yes, it is! Look at Soojung Eonnie and Kai... ssi.

We both giggled again.

Naeun: How is it going between the two of you, by the way?

Soojung: Honestly, great. It's even better than where we left things off.

Hayoung: I'm glad to hear that. Sehun used to be very worried about you two.

Soojung: We're sorry for monopolizing your boyfriend's attention, on our issues. I hope he didn't neglect you while trying to fix our relationship.

Hayoung: Are you kidding? He did not neglect me at all, if not, he took a hundred times more care of me!

She grinned from ear to ear, and I could tell that it was genuine. Who would have thought that Jongin and I breaking up would have helped Sehun and Hayoung, in any way.

Soojung: I'm just glad that everything is back to normal, and he is no longer injured. We are happy.

Naeun: And you are both busy with work, so you must cherish every moment that you get to spend together.

I smiled.

Hayoung: Oh, talking about work, how did you feel when you saw his episode of the Lotte web drama? I didn't know he was such a good actor! It looked so natural, the way he was with the female lead!

Soojung: Oh, really? I didn't get the chance to catch his episode yet.

Naeun: I'm sure you're going to be proud of him! He did a good job.

Soojung: I'm just going to check it out quickly, in case he asks me about it!

I fished my phone out from my pocket and looked for the episode in question, online. As soon as I found it, I plugged my earphones and started to watch it. I thought the girls were just trying to be nice by complimenting his acting, but I had to admit that it looked very real. Maybe a little bit too real for my liking.

I stayed completely silent until the short episode was done, and put the phone back where it was, without saying anything more.

Hayoung: Eonnie, are you okay?

Hayoung asked me.

Soojung: You girls were right. It looked very real.

Naeun: Right? I was shocked!

Hayoung pinched Naeun's arm to make her stop talking. Because she was driving, she could not see my face, therefore she could not have known that I was looking pale.

Hayoung: It was just acting, Eonnie. Plus, Lee Choi Hee-ssi is one of your friends, right?

I just nodded my head, not feeling like talking. I did not know why I was feeling like that, considering that I had never been the jealous one, in the past. That sounded more like Jongin than me, which bothered me even more.

Naeun: It's us.

Naeun spoke into the interphone when we got to the boys' gate. Two cars were already parked in the front-yard.

Hayoung: Come on!

Hayoung exclaimed, as she pulled Naeun and I towards the door. Before we even got there, Sehun ran out of the house and tackled his girlfriend into a very tight, but nevertheless very cute embrace.

They looked adorable, and you could tell how much they did miss each other.

Naeun and I just shook our heads and headed to the living room, that was downstairs. There were a bunch of our friends gathered together, already having a good time.

Ravi: Oh, hi girls!

We smiled at the boy, before everyone turned to greet us. Chanyeol, Mino, Ravi, Jackson, and three of the boys' non celebrity friends, were there already.

Chanyeol: Annyeong, Soojungie!

Soojung: Hello, Oppa! Hello!

Naeun and I quickly greeted everyone in the room as we made our way over to an empty spot, on the sofa.

Ravi: Where's Sehun?

Naeun: Outside, saying hello to Hayoung.

Everyone chuckled, getting the hint.

Soojung: Where are Jongin and Taemin Oppa?

Jackson: They went to get us some drinks. That was ten minutes ago.

Soojung: I'm going to go see what they're up to. Are you coming with me, Naeun?

Naeun: I'll wait for you here.

I nodded my head and left for the kitchen. I could hear the two boys laughing from the hallway, so I confidently made my way to them.

Soojung: Hello.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter