Chapter 9

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung and Jongin were sitting on her apartment's sofa, eating a bowl of ice cream together while watching the 'Yves Saint Laurent' movie that she liked so much.

He did not mind watching it for the fifth or sixth time, because he knew how much she liked to watch her favorite movies again and again. Plus, watching a movie that they already knew, allowed them to talk and do other things at the same time. The movie almost becomes like a background music.

Soojung had her head resting on Jongin's lap, and she was relaxed. Even though they were not doing anything special, they were at least together, and that was more than they could wish for.

After the movie ended, Soojung checked her phone to see if she did not have any missed calls from her sister, but she found nothing.

Soojung: Why isn't she coming back home? It's almost three in the morning.

She said, more so to herself.

Jongin looked at her, and took her phone away from her.

Soojung: Jongin!

Jongin: She is not coming home tonight.

Soojung: What are you saying?

Jongin: She is probably at your parents' home by now.

Soojung: How would you know that?

Jongin: I just do.

He said, smirking knowingly.

Jongin: Jaehyun and I work together.

He added, before showing his infamous cheeky smile again.

Soojung: What do you mean?

Jongin: All you have to know is that she is going to sleep at your parents' house, so don't worry. I made sure of it.

Soojung: Yah, what ar-

Jongin: Come on!

He said, before standing up from the sofa and pulling her up with him. He walked to the room and made her sit on the bed while he looked for something in his backpack.

Soojung: What are you doing?

Jongin: Ah, I found it. Here.

He handed her a pink paper-bag that he took out from his bag.

Soojung: Jongin.

Jongin: I know what you're going to say but it's just a little some-

Soojung: A pink paper-bag!? Really?

Jongin looked at her, dumbfounded. He could not believe that she was more phased by the color of the paper-bag than the fact that he just gave her something. Soojung started laughing her heart out at his reaction.

Jongin: Really now, Soojung?

Soojung: I'm joking. What occasion is this for?

Jongin: Just cause. It's nothing special, really.

Soojung opened the bag and looked inside.

Soojung: Oh? Are these your clothes?

Jongin: Mm.

It was a black long sleeved shirt and two grey and white short sleeved ones. They were plain simple, but Soojung liked them immediately because they came from Jongin. She smelled it and smiled from ear to ear. They had his scent.

Jongin: In case you miss me.

Soojung: Such a sweet talker.

She said, but she had the cutest smile on her face.

Soojung: I would have liked to give you something too, but I'm not sure you would fit in my clothes.

They laughed together, as he sat down next to her on the bed.

Jongin: Wear them on days when you really miss me, so that I can know.

Soojung: What will you do if I really miss you?

Jongin: I will come running to you. I can't let my baby be sad for too long.

Soojung: Yah, why are you so good with your words tonight?

Jongin: I'm not being a sweet talker, I'm being sincere. I will always do my possible to be there for you whenever you need me.

Soojung: I know that. Thank you.

She scooted closer to him and hugged him tight.

Soojung: Don't you have to go back to the dorm? It's getting late.

Jongin: I'm sleeping here tonight. I have nothing to do tomorrow, and I've heard from one of my many spies that you're as free as me too. We're going to spend the day here together. How about that?

Soojung: Are you sure it's okay?

Jongin: Okay for who?

Soojung: Jongin.

Jongin: I haven't seen you in a month, Soojung. Can't we just not worry about anything but us, just for tonight?

She sighed and looked at him, before nodding her head.

Soojung: You're right.

The two lovers ended up laying on Soojung's bed and catching up with one another's lives. They shared the most random things that happened to them during the time they weren't able to see each other.

Those were the moments both of them cherished the most. They love being with each other, just talking and laughing like the friends they are. It meant much more to them than any fancy date they could have.

------------------------------
Soojung

I was on my way to my parents' house to see them before leaving for China. I was going to be out of the country for a long time, filming my new drama, so I needed to see them all before.

After spending such a nice moment with Jongin a few days ago, I was fully recharged.

Since our dating news came out, it has been harder to see each other at all, so every single moment spent together was important.

I stopped at Starbucks to buy drinks for my family and headed home right after.

Soojung: I'm here!

I shouted as soon as I stepped into the house. I heard someone coming my way, so I stopped for a second to see who it was.

Jaehyun: Annyeonghaseyo, dear Noonim.

Jaehyun said, walking towards me with his hands put up in the air, as if he was showing me a sign of veneration.

Soojung: Bwoanya!?

Jaehyun: I am greeting my dear sister, Queen of visuals and eternal ethereal beauty, with all the respect she deserves.

Soojung: Yah! What's wrong with you?

Jessica: Jaehyun, keumanhae!

Jessica was laughing and walking towards us. She pulled me to the living room and Jaehyun followed us behind.

Soojung: What is this about?

Jessica: Your brother has gone mad. He has been reading some articles about us all day, and now he has decided to veneer us.

Soojung: Why did you read articles about us?

Jaehyun: They wrote a few articles about NCT lately, so I was looking up for them but ended up finding some nice articles on you two.

He started saying, as he sat down on the floor, in front of Jessica and I.

Jaehyun: The comments were no joke! People really call you 'Queen of visuals'. I wonder why.

He joked, before laughing.

Soojung: Jae, we told you to never read the articles they write about you, if they are not official interviews you've approved of. The Media can be really nasty sometimes.

Jaehyun: I know that. I wasn't looking for articles about NCT only or me, but about Taeyong Hyung.

Soojung: Why?

Jessica: They've been writing articles about his past doings, so it created a little ruckus. Nothing too wild tho. Your baby brother is just worried about .

Soojung: Ah... I see.

Jessica ruffled Jaehyun's hair as I watched the two. I was so happy to be with all of my siblings, at the same time.

Jessica: Anyways, how are you?

Jessica asked me as we sat down on the sofa. She was out of the city for three days, and she only came back this morning.

Soojung: Eonnie, I feel like I don't see you enough even tho we live together.

I said as I caressed her face.

Jessica: Aigo, my baby. Did you miss me?

Soojung: A lot!

Jaehyun: Even with Jongin Hyung around?

Soojung: Jung Jaehyun!

Jaehyun: I was joking!

He laughed his heart out, not even minding my embarrassment.

The rest of the evening was as nice as this moment. I had a good time with my family and I was fully recharged and ready to work.

The next day, I was in China, on my way to meet my new cast-mates.

Soojung: Oppa, are we all staying in the same hotel?

Joon: Yes. All the cast is staying here, but only you and Deng Lun are on the same floor.

Soojung: My male Co-star?

Joon: Eo.

Soojung: Arrasseo. Where is Heojun Oppa?

Joon: He is waiting for us outside. Let's go.

Jisoo: Wait.

My makeup artist said, before touching up my makeup.

Jisoo: Now you're good to go.

Soojung: Gomawo, Eonnie!

I smiled and happily walked out of my room, followed by my assistant, my makeup artist and my manager.

Soojung: Heojun Oppa!

I said as I smiled to the man who was waiting for us outside my room.

Heojun is my favorite security guard of all the ones wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter