Chapter 1

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold morning of January 2016, and Soojung was on her way to the company. She was going to meet with Jongin.

For the past 7 months, this is one of the only places where they have been able to peacefully have their dates.

In the midst of all the things happening in their lives, the company was surprisingly their only haven. Aside from having each other, of course.

2014 and 2015 were two bittersweet years for the both of them. From the withdrawal of three of EXO's members, Jessica being removed from Girls' generation, and Sulli quiting f(x),  they've both had their fair share of hardships.

After being close friends for a while, they finally found someone to lean on, in one another. They both very much needed it.

Jongin was waiting for her to get here. He hasn't been able to see her in three weeks due to his busy schedules overseas and the preparation for their North American tour, so he was glad to be able to meet her today.

Soojung naturally made her way to where Jongin was, without a second thought. She was sure of where to find him.

No one from the staff questioned her nor stopped her to ask anything. A lot of them knew that Soojung and Jongin were dating, but fortunately they were all trustworthy people working in the company.

When she walked in the secluded practice room, she found Jongin lying on the floor, with his eyes closed. He had his headphones on, so he did not hear her getting closer.

Soojung: Boo!

She screamed, fastly hitting the floor with her hands at the same time. Jongin jumped and screamed, surprised by the sudden noise. He looked at her in shock.

Jongin: Aish, Kkamjagi! Neo chincha!

Soojung: Ha-ha! Oh my God, your face was priceless!

He sat up and tried to calm his racing heart. He took the headphones off and put them back in his bag.

Jongin: When did you get here?

He asked her as she sat down in front of him.

Soojung: Just a minute ago. How have you been?

He finally smiled and closed the distance between them to caress her hair before replying.

Jongin: Good, but I'm feeling much better now. I've missed you.

It was her turn to smile and caress his face.

Soojung: I've missed you too. How is everything going?

She asked, referring to his schedules.

Jongin: Good. We can't wait to start our North American tour. How was Hong Kong?

Soojung: Great. It was nice to spend some time with my mother and my siblings.

Jongin: I saw Jaehyun going to practice earlier today. How is Noona doing?

Soojung: She is fine. Thanks for asking.

He looked at her and smiled. He was genuinely happy to see her after such a long time.

Jongin: I am glad you got to rest for a bit.

Soojung: I wish you could rest too. I can tell that you're tired.

Jongin: Tired but still good looking.

He joked, flipping his non existant long hair like a real diva.

Soojung: Keurae... Injeong! Ha-ha.

She playfully shoved him on the arm before speaking again.

Soojung: How much time do we have today?

Jongin: Only an hour, unfortunately. I have a to go rehearse after this.

Soojung: Are you rehearsing all day long?

Jongin: Eo. We're going to have a little break in two days.

Soojung: That's good. I have a meeting with two commercial companies to sign some new contracts today.

Jongin: Two more? You already had three of them yesterday.

Soojung: Well I can't help that they all fight for my beautiful face to represent their brands!

She said, flipping her hair just like he did a few moments ago. They both laughed before changing the subject.

Jongin: I ordered some food for us. It should be here any minute now.

Soojung: What did you order? I can't eat fried food for a week.

Jongin: Why?

Soojung: I'm on a special diet for a photoshoot.

Jongin: Do you really need to do that? You look fine to me.

Soojung: I am not starving myself. You know me. I just avoid it to have a healthier looking skin for the photoshoot.

Jongin didn't like when she changed her eating habits for a photoshoot or for any other purpose. He didn't want her to get sick and fall like it already happened several times. He really wanted her to take care of her already fragile health.

Soojung: Don't worry. I am fine.

She said, knowing exactly what he was thinking about.

They chatted until their food got here and spent the entire date catching up on each other's lives like they didn't talk everyday already.

This was something they both really liked about their relationship. The fact that it is this peaceful and comfortable. Maybe it was because they were friends first.

The way they know one another, the way they understand each other, is also something they love about it. Some may say that their relationship lack romanticism because they act too much like friends, but they wouldn't change it for the world. Plus that's just when they are with other people.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter