Chapter 8

What's More Improtant Love or Friendship?

 

Questions and Break Up

Aaron in the car going home upset.

Aaron: (thinking) Why was I so upset? Maybe Hebe was right. What if Gui Gui does have a boyfriend? No it can’t be. If she did she would’ve told me…right? But she’s been talking about Lu Ting Wei and Zhang Shan Jie a lot lately. Wait! Why do I care so much if she has a boyfriend or not? Maybe because she’s my best friend and should tell me whether she has a boyfriend or not. ERG Why am I thinking so much. I could just ask her on the phone tonight. But would it be weird? I mean even if she did have a boyfriend and wanted to tell me she would right? ERG Aaron what has gotten into you?

When Aaron got home he quickly went home and called Gui Gui. But no one picked up. He decided to leave her a message.

Aaron: Gui Gui pick up. Where are you? Call me when you get my call okay? Its Aaron, I wanna talk to you. (thinking) Why didn’t she pick up? Is she with those 2 guys? Come on Gui Gui pick up.

Aaron decided to take a quick shower and will continue to call her back later. After he showered he went to called her again. After the 4th time and 2nd ring he was gonna give up, but then Gui Gui picked up.

Gui Gui: Hello?
Aaron: Gui Gui!!! Are you okie? Where were you? It’s late is everything okay?
Gui Gui: Aaron calm down. I just got home. Everything is fine with me. And it’s only 4 p.m. in the US. Is something wrong with you? Something bugging you?
Aaron: Oh it’s cause I tried calling you so many time and you wouldn’t pick up. Its 12 a.m. here in Taiwan. (*lies I don’t know the time difference XD) I forgot there was a different time zone in US. HAHAHA
Gui Gui: Okay than. Aaron you sound different today, is something wrong?
Aaron: something wrong? Hahaha What makes you think that?
Gui Gui: well you normally call me around 7 p.m. US time and the fact you asked me so many questions at once.
Aaron: I was… Just worried and didn’t pay attention to the time. Hehehe.
Gui Gui: are you sure? I mean I’m your best friend and you could always tell me what’s wrong. You promised me that there will be no secrets between us.
Aaron: Of course there isn’t.
Gui Gui: Then tell me what’s wrong.
Aaron: Okay. (thinks of an excuse) Hebe got me mad. She told me that you were not coming back ever again for all we know. She told me to find a new bestie.
Gui Gui: Aaron you could always have more than one bestie, its just I have to be number one on your list.
Aaron: You are. What number am I on yours?
Gui Gui: Umm… number 100 XD
Aaron: (upset) What I put you as number one and you put me as number 100?
Gui Gui: That’s the highest. I count from 100 to 1. Why you wanna be number one. Then that means you barely made it to be my best friend.
Aaron: (happy) No No it’s okay number 100 is perfect : P
Gui Gui: Don’t worry Aaron I’ll be back soon I promise. I just can’t right now… my grandpa is sick and you know that. I need to stay here and take care of him.
Aaron: but I miss you.
Gui Gui: I miss you too, Bestie
Aaron: So what are you doing?
Gui Gui: talking to my bestie, eating, and looking at our album. What are you doing?
Aaron: Nothing, talking to you.
Gui Gui: I miss the old days where you gave me a piggy back ride. (sound kind of sad)
Aaron: What’s wrong? Did something happen at school?
Gui Gui: Normal the girls at school are jealous and think that I make friend with Ting Wei and Shan Jie because I like them or because I have money.
Aaron: (jealous) you don’t like them like that do you?
Gui Gui: Of course not!!! They are just my best friends here. They’re like my older brother. That’s all. When someone bullies me they are always there. They were the only friends I made here. Their family is already rich so they aren’t my friends just because I have money.
Aaron: (relieved) that’s good then. Wait you get bully?
Gui Gui: (thinking~ OPPS, NOT SUPPOSE TO TELL HIM THAT) umm I mean no. Of course not who dares to bully GHOST?
Aaron: If they do I will fly down there no matter what and beat them up for you.
Gui Gui: don’t worry! I have Ao Quan’s peppermint spray remember?
Aaron: Okay.
Gui Gui: Isn’t your birthday coming up soon?
Aaron: Oh yea huh?
Gui Gui: What do you want?
Aaron: (thinks~ for you to come back.) Anything.
Gui Gui: I don’t take anything for answer!
Aaron: I don’t know right now.
Gui Gui: fine but you better tell me later! So do you have a girlfriend yet? How is it between you and Hebe?
Aaron: She’s just my friend and nothing more. No there’s no one here.
Gui Gui: How about I fine you one down here?
Aaron: Gui Gui! I don’t have time for girlfriends.
Gui Gui: nonsense she could take care of you when I’m not there.
Aaron: But your not here now.
Gui Gui: (joking) so you mean you don’t need me? You can live without me?
Aaron: (scared he said something wrong) No!! I didn’t mean that. I meant I only need you! I don’t need a girlfriend. I promise that wasn’t what I meant!!! Gui Gui trust me.
Gui Gui: (trying to hold her laugh) I was just joking. Of course I know I’m important to you XD
Aaron: So am I important to you that you won’t need a boyfriend?
Gui Gui: (kidding) I don’t know I have to think about that XD….
Aaron: Hey what does that mean?
Gui Gui: of course I don’t need anyone else I have you already XD.
Aaron: (happy but doesn’t want to show it) Oh okay that’s cool. =]
Background: Miss Gui Gui dinner is ready!
Gui Gui: I’ll be right there. Aaron it’s time for dinner talk to you tomorrow. Bye
Aaron: Bye ghost.

Flashback on Ella and Chun on why they broke up.

So you all know 5 years ago Charlene joined the group. She was taking theater, art, and history with Chun while Ella had no class with Chun. At first Chun and Ella were okay having no class together because they could always text each other in class or even talk to each other at lunch.
In Chun and Charlene’s class they were doing a skit of Romeo and Juliet. Chun was Romeo and Charlene was Juliet. Charlene was going to give up the role of Juliet to someone else but Chun said it would be weird for him to kiss someone else too. At first Ella didn’t mine, but then Charlene and Chun had to rehearse so Chun didn’t have time for Ella. Ella started feeling a little jealous but then she told herself that as soon as the show was over then Chun would have more time for her. But then she was wrong Chun and Charlene became closer and closer since they had 3 classes together.

Chun: Charlene wanna rehearse the skit after school at my house?
Charlene: Sure.
Chun: meet me in front of the school gates after school.
Charlene: Don’t you have to walk Ella home first?
Chun: But the Show is in a week. We shouldn’t have procrastinated.
Ella: its okay I can walk home by myself.
Chun: Okay call me when you get home okay babe.
Ella: Okay

After school Charlene waited for Chun in front of the school gates and when Chun show up they headed to Chun’s house. Ella saw them leave together and got sad but she told her self that they were just really close friends and that was all. She was wondering how come they said that they should start practicing for the show now when they had the week before. Chun told her since last week that he was going to practice at Charlene. She started wondering if Chun was lying to her, but still she trusted him.

{Flashback to the day Chun told Ella he was going to practice at Charlene}

After they were done rehearsing for the skit, it was time for them to rehearse their kissing scene. Charlene didn’t want to but then Chun told her that they had to because it was a part of their final grade. Chun was nervous too, because the only girl he kissed was Ella. And it would make him feel as if he was cheating on her. It took them several time to even get close to trying to kiss each other because they only saw each other as brother and sister. Finally they tried their best to be focus and as Chun move in his lips softly touched hers and she felt this warm, spark, sweet taste but knew that Chun already had Ella. Chun also felt the same thing; he couldn’t help it but deepen the kiss. When he was about to use his tongue to separate her lips, Charlene backed out.

Charlene: This isn’t right. I think we should stop the rehearsing here for today.
Chun: Your right I think I should go home, it’s getting late.

Chun grabbed his stuff and left. While he was walking home he could help but think of the kiss. He never felt that with Ella, or maybe that feeling went away. Charlene couldn’t help but think of the kiss too. It was her first kiss. She was worried that she might have fallen for Chun. She knew she couldn’t because Ella was one of her best friend. That night both of them could sleep. Chun decided to call Ella to get his mind straight. While he was talking to her, it felt as if they had nothing to talk about. Normal they could talk for hours and were not even half way done and their phone died, but this time it was different. Their conversation only last 5 minutes. Ella also knew something was wrong with their relationship but she wanted to find a way to fix it. No matter how hard she tried it didn’t work. Sooner or later she and Chun started arguing more and more. They hardly talked on the phone or talk to each other at school. Chun tried to avoid her at school because he didn’t want to argue with her. He knew it was his fault but he just couldn’t deny the out come of that one kiss with Charlene.
{end of flashback}

On the day of the show Ella went and watched the acting between Chun and Charlene. She thought that their acting was great, maybe a little too great. She could hear all the girls around her telling their boyfriend and friend that Chun and Charlene was a great couple and how they should go out in real life.

Girl: Wow lucky Charlene, she got the part of Juliet and gets to kiss such a handsome guy.
Boyfriend: Lucky Chun, a basket ball player, and gets to perform with such a pretty girl.
Girl: They make a great couple just like us.
Boyfriend: You got that right.
Friend: Aren’t they dating off stage too?
Girl: No he has a girlfriend.
Boyfriend: yea, but I think he looks better with Charlene. His girlfriend is such a tomboy. She’s ugly. I don’t know why he went out with her in the first place.
Friend: He should go out with Charlene, she doesn’t have a boyfriend.
Girl: hey, his girlfriend is right there (points to Ella)
They stopped. They didn’t know that Ella was listening to their whole conversation. As soon as she heard those words the started to cry. She couldn’t handle it anymore so she left. She sent someone back stage two bouquets of flowers; one for Charlene and one for Chun. As soon as she gave him the flowers she left in tears.
When Charlene and Chun finish the guy backstage handed the flowers to them. On Chun’s their was a note that said “great job, sorry I can’t stay, my parents wanted me home,” on Charlene it read, ”J“Great performance you become an actress in the future. You were great! 

When Ella got home she ran to her room, closed the door, and started crying on her pillow. She couldn’t sleep al night. What she heard today kept repeating itself like a tape recorder. Each time was like a knife stabbing her. She thought it for the whole night and decided it wasn’t a good idea for her and Chun to continue the relationship if none of them were happy. The next day she text Chun telling him to meet her in front of the school because she had something she wanted to tell him. As soon as he got her message he rushed to the gates.

Chun: Ella, what’s wrong babe?
Ella: I… I…
Chun: What’s wrong?
Ella: I think we should break up.
Chun: What?
Ella: This relationship isn’t working out. I mean I try so hard to fix it but it seems like the harder I try the more we have arguments.
Chun: But…
Ella: This will be better off for us. We can fine a better relationship that would allow both of us to find happiness. This is for the best.
Chun: (thinking) although I can stop thinking of Charlene but I never thought of breaking up with Ella. Maybe Ella was right, it’s better for us.
Ella: (tears began to form) I hope we can still be friends though.
Chun: Definitely
Ella: Well I gotta go or I’ll be late… (She turned around and ran as fast as she could. Tears rolling down her face.) This is for the best for both of us. I wish you luck Chun. Go find your happiness!!!

Chun knew that Ella was crying but he couldn’t do anything. If he tried to help her it would hurt her more. I would be like him adding salt on her open cut. All he could do is stand there and watch her let out her pain through tears.

======================================================================================================================

Hope you guys enjoyed it PLEASE COMMENT. I was watching the new Fahrenheit’s MV~ more and more love. I love this song XD I know I’m easily distracted ;P