Chapter 7

What's More Improtant Love or Friendship?

 

Do You Love Me?

The day that Gui Gui leaves~

Aaron couldn’t sleep all night. He was thinking what it would be like without Gui Gui. Who would he tell his secrets to? Who would make him smile or give him encouragement when he fells as if it hit rock bottom? Would he ever be able to see her again? Would she miss him like how he misses her? What if she finds a new best friend? What if she forgets him? These questions ran through his mine the whole entire night. He didn’t want to lose his best friend. He never lost a friend before. He quickly got out of bed and went to the phone. He asked his father’s secretary pick him up at 5 in the morning so he can go buy Gui Gui a goodbye gift so that she would always remember him. By 7 he was ready to leave he only had 2 hours find something special for her. He thought about it all night and decided that he wanted to buy her a best friend necklace that had his and her name carved in the back. He also wanted to buy her an album that he could put their pictures in so when he’s not there and she misses him she could open it up. He also bout her a giant stitch stuffed animal so that when she has nightmares from the pass she could always hug the stitch and sleep well. After he got the gifts he quickly got home and put the pictures in the album and wrapped it. By the time he was done it was already 8:30. He knew that Gui Gui would not be home so she quickly rushed to the airport.

Gui Gui’s side~ She wakes up at 7:30, gets ready, and ran down stairs where her friends greeted her for their last meal. She looked around and couldn’t fine Aaron.
Gui Gui: Hey where’s Aaron?
Ao Quan: I don’t know. As soon as I woke up, he was gone.
Tong Tong: maybe he can’t stand goodbyes
Gui Gui: (sad) oh okie.
Ya Tou: What time are we going to the airport?
Gui Gui: you guys don’t have to come if you don’t want to.
Mei Mei: How can we not. It might be the last time we will ever see each other. (starts to cry)
Gui Gui: (starts to cry to) don’t say that. I’ll be back, or you can visit me.
Ya Tou: (cries) Gui Gui don’t leave
Wang Zi: Why doesn’t your grandpa come here?
Xiao Gui: I know right?
Gui Gui: He still has his company to watch over.
Ah wei: But your uncle lives here why don’t you move in with him?
Gui Gui: Because grandpa wants me to move in with him
Ya Tou: But… (interrupted)
Secretary: It’s time to head to the airport.
Gui Gui: Okie

Gui Gui went up stairs to grab her stuff. She grabbed her luggage, her photo albums of her and her friends, the last stuffed animal her parents bought for her, her parent’s wedding rings, ipod, and her phone book. The rest of her stuff she left there. When she’s gone there will be the servants who would clean her room and watch over the house. Her and her friends got in the car and headed off to the airport.

In the Car~
Gui Gui: (looked out of the window thinking) So I guess this is goodbye. Goodbye to my friends, Ya Tou, Mei Mei, Tong Tong, Ah Wei, Wang Zi, Ao Quan, Xiao Gui, Aaron, and the others. To bad I didn’t get to see Aaron for one last time. I wonder will he miss me. Who would I call if I can’t sleep, have nightmares, or when there’s something on my mind? Is our friendship over?

At the airport before a boarding her family’s private plane.
Ya Tou, Mei Mei, Tong Tong, Ao Quan, Ah Wei, Xiao Gui, Wang Zi gave Gui Gui their gifts to her, said their goodbyes, and gave her a last hug goodbye. Gui Gui took a quick look around to see if Aaron would come but couldn’t find him so she decided to head in. Right when she was about to go in some one called her name and she turned around.

Aaron: Gui Gui wait!
Gui Gui: Aaron?
Aaron: I gotta give you something.
Gui Gui: what is it?
Aaron handed her the gifts and told her not to open them until she gets on the plane. He hugged her as tight as he could and said his goodbye. Both Gui Gui and Aaron were in tears but it was time for Gui Gui to leave. She said by to everyone and went on the plane. Aaron stayed there watching the plane lift off.
Ao Quan: She’ll be back soon
Aaron: I hope so.

On the plane~
Gui Gui opened the gifts that Ya Tou, Mei Mei, Tong Tong, Ao Quan, Ah Wei, Xiao Gui, Wang Zi gaved her. Ya Tou gave Gui Gui a pretty stitch hair clip. Mei Mei gave her a homemade cake that Gui Gui loves. Tong Tong gave her a camera so that she could take pictures and send it back. Ao Quan gave Gui Gui a peppermint spray because he knew that Gui Gui would always get bully and she would not fight back. Attached to it was a note. Note~ use it, otherwise call me and I will fly over there and beat them up for you. Ah Wei gave a Stitch key chain. Xiao Gui gave her a pair of shoes, Wang Zi gave a sweater just incase it’s cold in the US. Then she opened Aaron’s gift. She looked at the best friend necklace. It was Stitch and on the back it had the name Aaron carved on the back. She looked at the photo album and there were pictures of him and her baking a cake, him teaching her how to ride a bike, birthdays, holidays, at the park, at the beach, building sand castles, making mud pies, playing tag, and others. She cried as she looked through the pictures. On the last page was a picture where she was sleeping on his shoulder, and at the top it said, “Gui Gui and Aaron Best Friends Forever No Matter What!!!” When she was about to close it she saw a note sticking out of it.
NOTE~ Hey Gui Gui its Aaron, I couldn’t sleep all night just thinking of what I’m gonna do without you. My gifts probably don’t mean a lot to you but they do to me. I just want to let you know that you are best friend forever and that I will never forget you. I hope you have fun in America but also don’t forget your best friend, ME, will be waiting for your return. XD If you have nightmares make sure you call me I will always pick up. If for some reason I don’t, imagine this big stitch is me. It’s very soft and smells like me, I hugged it from the store until I gave it to you XD. The album is for you to look at when you miss me. I also don’t want you to forget how I look like okay. And as for the necklace, the blue one is me and the pink one is you. You get the blue and I have the pink see. Picture attached ~ Aaron wearing the pink stitch necklace. Separate pic~ Aaron turned the pink stitch around and it has Gui Gui’s name carved into it. Back to the letter~ Can you take a picture with it for me I want to make sure you’re wearing the blue one and send it to me. =] Oh make sure you take good care of yourself, take medicine if your sick, wear warm close, don’t think about the past, look forward, except the times we shared… sleep early, eat healthy, call me, think about me, don’t forget me, and come back soon. Your one and only ~AARON- YAN YA LUN, GUI GUI’s BEST FRIEND EVER!!! (/^3^)
Gui Gui immediately put on the necklace and took a picture of it using her cell phone and sent it to Aaron.
Aaron got the picture text and was happy. He held his necklace tight and wished Gui Gui best of luck.

Forward 5 more years~ Gui Gui is now 13. A closest friend there was Lu Ting Wei 19 year old and Zhang Shan Jie 15 year old. When Aaron was not around to talk to her on the phone, these were the ones she talked to. She often talked on the phone with Aaron everyday but lately she could only talk to him once a month. She thought it was because he is now a junior in high school so he had many tests he had to study for, or maybe because he has a girlfriend. Aaron told Gui Gui that Hebe went up to him and told him that she liked him and he didn’t know what to say in return. Gui Gui asked him if he likes Hebe but he said he wasn’t so sure himself. Since she left he’s been hanging out with Jiro, Calvin, Ao Quan, Hebe, Selina, Chun, Ella, and Charlene. He told her that Ella and Chun broke up and then Chun started dating Charlene. Calvin and Angela broke up and now he likes Hebe, but Hebe likes him. But he never told Gui Gui if he liked Hebe or not. Gui Gui told Aaron just follow his heart. If he likes Hebe then ask her out, but if he doesn’t then tell her so she wouldn’t wait for him. Honestly Aaron only cared about school and when he was going to be able to see Gui Gui again. He doesn’t know why but he never thought of Hebe like that. He didn’t want to reject her because what if he does their friendship could be ruined.

At Aaron school~
Hebe: Aaron, wanna go to the mall with me?
Aaron: okie sure. Who else is going?
Hebe: Uhh just me and you. Everyone else said that they are busy. (she didn’t ask anyone else she wanted to go to the mall with Aaron alone.)

At the mall~
In a clothing store.

Hebe: How about this one?
Aaron was looking around and he saw a pretty dress. What do you think about this one.
Hebe: Its so cute.
Aaron: I think Gui Gui would love it too. (he asked the cashier to get one in size small and wrap it nicely.
Hebe: (thinking) I thought he meant for me, but its for Gui Gui. I thought she was only his best friend but why is he always talking about her and shopping for her?
Aaron: are you gonna get that?
Hebe: Yea, let me go pay. (waiting for Aaron to say that he’ll pay for her, but instead he told her that he would wait for her outside.)

Aaron and Hebe walk around the mall and when the came across the disney story he told her he wanted to go in. She thought he was finally gonna get her something but instead he went to the clerk and ask if there were any new stitch stuff. The clerk gave Aaron a pink and blue stitch. On its stomach said “I love you.” Aaron told the clerk that he wanted it and asked him to wrap it nicely.
Clerk: Is that for your girlfriend? (points to Hebe)
Hebe: Umm Y…
Aaron: No it’s for my best friend who likes in America. She loves stitch and collects them.
Clerk: Oh she must be really special to you.
Aaron: Yea I knew her since little.
They left the store and went to the food court.
Hebe: Aaron can I ask you something?
Aaron: Sure of course.
Hebe: Do you like me?
Aaron: Uhh….
Hebe: Or do you like Gui Gui?
Aaron: What Gui Gui? Me like her? I haven’t seen her in so long how can I like her?
Hebe: I was just wondering because all you do is talk about her and shop for her. You don’t even go to school dances or date anyone. Many girls like you but you always give them a cold look.
Aaron: I do not.
Hebe: Well tell me someone you like.
Aaron: Well umm… There’s no one cute at our school.
Hebe: Yea there are, its just you don’t try to find her. I mean Gui Gui left us five years ago and might not even come back.
Aaron: What does this gotta do with Gui Gui?
Hebe: Why are you mad. Its true thought she could have a boyfriend by now for all we know.
Aaron: (angry) I’m leaving.
Hebe: Aaron!
Too late Aaron grabbed the stuff he bought and left Hebe there by herself.

Why was Aaron so upset?
Does Aaron really like Gui Gui?
Is Gui Gui dating anyone?
Will Calvin ever tell Hebe he likes her?
What happened between Chun and Ella?
Please Comment!!! You probably know why I need them by now XD
I got distracted while writing this so if there’s any error please let me know =] i know its kinda long sorry. ^_^