He Was Born

Hello, My Baby!

YunHo's POV

 

"Y... YunHo-ah..." My fiance was lying on the floor, clutching her stomach. "I... it... hurts..." She cried. I saw tears of pain and agony roll down her cheeks. It was her final month and she has been experiencing stomach pains. The doctor said it was fine as long as it doesn't come back every five minutes. She would usually sleep it off but I know that this is different. I heard a loud thump downstairs while I was asleep. When I woke up, I rushed down the staircase and I saw her curled up on the living room floor, crying in pain.

"W...wait..." I hurriedly looked for my phone in my left pocket. I quickly dialed the hospital's emergency number. I was shaking. I don't know what to do. I have never experienced it like this. "J...just hold on... T... the ambulance is coming..." I was panicking. My body was numb. I tried to move but it felt like I was being pulled down to the ground. She was curled up, clutching her large stomach. She was in so much pain. If only I could take it all away from her...

Was this the feeling I was supposed to experience four years ago? Is this how it really felt? Like you are being pulled down by some magnet and you can't move your body? Is this really how it is?

 

Blood then started to run down her thigh. I was now horribly shaking. I don't know how to deal with this.

A few minutes later, the ambulance arrived. The medics fumbled around and slowly got her into the vehicle. I sat on the left side of her stretcher. "Y... YunHo-ah" She was breathing hard. I took her hand and kissed it softly.

"It's going to be alright." I gave her a smile inspite of the hurt I was feeling inside. What is this feeling? It's like there's something heavy pressing down on my chest. I couldn't breathe. God, please do make her feel better.

It took us five minutes to arrive at the emergency room. The nurses in the van rushed her to the operating room.

"Jung-sshi... please stay here. You are not allowed inside." The nurse stopped me. I froze in front of the operating room, not knowing what to do. I just watched the nurse and the stretcher disappear. I sank on my knees, crying. I feel so useless. Why can't I do anything? Why can't I help her? I promised to protect her. I promised to take care of her.

 

I heard my phone ringing. "Yoboseyo?" I answered the phone breathlessly.

"HYUNG! Where are you? The plane is about to go!" ChangMin was panicking on the other end of the line.

"At... the... hospital..." I said between breaths. I completely forgot about the schedule. And now, I shall suffer the consequences.

"Hyung! Are you alright? Which hospital are you in ---"

"Give me he phone!" I heard manager Min snatch the phone. "Where the hell are you? I knew I shouldn't have let you live at your own house!" Manager was outraged. Now, I have to tell him everything. bout my engagement and my son.

"Hyung, I can't come to Japan with you. Please do understand. I am not really feeling well. I am at Seoul International Hos---"

"What's happening, YunHo? Are you alright?" The angry man's voice turned to a worried tone.

"I... am... I'll explain later..." I then hung up. I sat on the waiting benches outside the operating room. I waited for an hour but nobody has come out yet. No doctors or nurses, no one.

 

What's happening inside? What could have happened to my baby?  Worried thoughts filled my mind. I looked at my watch, three hours have already passed but no news has come yet. What's happening to my family?

"Hyung!" I heard JunSu's voice. "Guenchanna?" He cupped my cheeks and studied my face.

"I am... I am..." I shoved his hands away, making him pout.

"Then... why are you here?" Manager sat beside me, silently looking for any bruises on my face.

"My... fiance is in there..." I sighed. This is it, manager is going to kill me. But I have no other choice but to confess, don't I?

"Fiance?" Manager glared at me. "What fiance?! Yah! Jung YunHo! Do you know what you're doing?!" He grabbed my shirt.

"Please... she's going to give birth anytime." I looked away while I got ready for manager's fist.

"BIRTH?! YOUR CHILD?!" Manager raised his balled fist. This is it.

"Hyung! Stop!" JaeJoong pulled the older man away. I fell on the floor. I was looking down. i can't face hyung anymore. Not after everything that is happening.

"This shouldn't go out." Manager continued to glare at me. "You know what might happen."

"This is a secret between us, hyung. YunHo hyung only took responsibility of his actions." ChangMin put his hand on manager Min's shoulder.

"Clean this up, YunHo." He shoved my bandmate's hand away then walked out.

I burried my head in my hands, tears slowly rolling down my eyes. I don't know what to do.

"It's alright, hyung." ChangMin put his arm around my shoulder.

"Mrs.Jung's husband?" A doctor stepped out of the room. I stood almost immediately and half-ran towards the doctor.

 

"How is she?" I gave the doctor a worried look.

"Your son is amazingly normal! Though he is two weeks premature, he is perfectly healthy!" The doctor smiled at me. "And, your wife is still asleep due to the anesthesia." He then started walking away.

"I... am... a... father..." I mumbled. I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks. "I AM A FATHER!!!!" I happily announced.

"Congratulations, hyung!" The members embraced me. Oh thank god, she's alright!

"But how did that happen?" YooChun stared blankly at me. "you told us that you're engaged a little less than eight months ago. Aren't pregnancies supposed to last for nine months?"

"It's a long story." I smiled at him. I may not be the biological father but I was the one who took care of them for almost nine months.

"YunHo hyung is so cool. He took responsibility of his actions~" ChangMin sang.

"Maybe it's time we get to know your fiance!" JunSu then tried peeking into the operating room but failed.

"You'll see her as soon as she wakes up." I stretched my arms. I'm a father now. I'll be a man of responsibility soon.

"Mr. Jung?" A nurse came out with a child in her arms.

"Here!" I rushed to see the baby. "Ahh... so cute~" I took the child.

"Sir, please fill up the birth certificate at the nurses' station." The nurse then took the baby to the nursery room.

Jung YooGeun ... That's what my fiance wanted to call the child. She told me that she wanted to name the baby after her favorite grandfather. I was planning to call him YunSu but she insisted. What could I do? It's her child... Anyway, after finishing the form, I signed the birth certificate. I scanned through the piece of paper again. Father: Jung YunHo it said. It has given me an overwhelming feeing. A sensation that made me feel like flying.

 

====================================================================================================

Oh, I just love cliff-hangers :)

Thank you guys for the comments and love!!!