Finding Lost Time

Hello, My Baby!

I set off to Gwangju early in the morning. I have decided to take care of my kids. I don't care about my image anymore. My sons are more important to me than anything else in this world. I don't care if I get kicked out of SM, all I want right now is to make up for everything I have missed. The birthdays, the first day of school, the first medal, the first friend... I want to make up for those lost times. I may have missed the few first times but I promise to witness the rest of their experiances for the rest of my life.

 

"Ahjumma!" I knocked on a red fence. The house was relatively small compared to where I m living in right now. How can I make me sons live so poorly? Why did I let them experience poverty?

"Nuguseyo? (Who is it?)" Ahjumma walked out of the froont door with her apron. "Can I help you?" She asked.

"I came to see Jaeyoung and Youngji." I smiled.

"Who are you?"

"Yunho imnida (I'm Yunho)"

"Ah! Young master!" She quickly opened the door for me. "I didn't recognize you. You've grown so much since I last saw you~"

"It's been four years now, huh?" I sighed. Will my sosns recognize me?

 

"Why did you come, young master?" She handed me a cup of water.

"I'm here to take my children to Seoul..." I started. She froze.

"But... Are you sure...?" She looked at me with worried eyes.

"Yes. I have decided to take care of my sons from now on."

"But... what about your image, young master?"

"I don't care about it. I just want to live my life the right way."

"Are you sure you can take care of them?"

"Ahjumma. i know you treated my sons as your own... but please let me be a father after running away from them all these years..." I pleaded.

"Ahjumma...?" A boy's voice came from behind me.

"Youngji-ah. Greet your father." Ahjumma ordered him. The child quickly bowed and looked at me with innocent eyes.

"Annyeong, Youngji-ah." I smiled. "Can appa have a hug?" I opened my arms but the child did not come near.

"Youngji... he's your appa... and he's taking you to Seoul with him..." Ahjumma signaled my son to come near me.

"I am not leaving Ahjumma." The child said sternly. Wow, my arrogant blood does run in him. "I don't even know him!"

"Youngji! Don't talk like that to your father!"

"Appa anijo! (He's not my father!) My father is a great responsible man!" The child crossed his arms. I removed my cap and glasses. Maybe he can recognize me.

"Youngji-ah... please forgive appa for not taking care of you. I want to be with the two of you..." I tried to get near him but he took a step backward.

"I am not going with you! I don't want to be abandoned again!" He snapped then ran upstairs.

 

 

The child's words struck me. What have I done? I have been wrong all this time. I have been a very reckless bad man. I couldn;t speak. It felt like my throat was being tied up and my chest was closing down on my heart. "Y..youngji-ah... jweseonghamnida (I'm very sorry)" I cried. Then I felt ahjumma's hand on my shoulder.

"You should earn the childrens' trust. You should stay here and try to get to know them..." She then walked back to the kitchen, leaving me sitting there, quietly crying.

 

 

==============================================================================================================================

 

Another short chapter huh?

 

It's 2:10 in the morning now... I have to sleep~ Kamsahamnida for reading.... leave your comments below~!