One Call

Hello, My Baby!

 

"Eomma... can you tell Dr. Kang to schedule me the rest of my trestment here in Seoul?" I phoned my mother to let me stay is Seoul. I did not want to leave this city anymore. Especially now that I have already found Ami. And whatever happens, whatever has been going on with her, i have decided to pursue Ami even if the whole world is against it.
 
"Is something up, Yong?" Mom sounded worried.
 
"No. I just... want to look out for my friends. Jjong is sick right now and there's nobody here except for me to take care of him." Jjong, sorry for making you an excuse. I couldn't tell my family that I have already found my lost love. They will surely freak out if they find out.
 
"Are you sure you'd be fine alone?"
 
"Of course, mom. I'm old enough to look out for myself."
 
"You're just 19, Jung YongHwa. Stop being so independent."
 
"Mom! I'm really fine."
 
"Alright, alright. I'll have Kang MiNeop call one of the hospitals there."
 
"Thanks, eomma. You're really the best." I smiled.then hung up. "I'm not going to give up on you, Jung Ami."
 
 
The day passed slowly. I had nothing to do in my hotel room. All the chennels have been fuzzing about TVXQ's japanese comeback. Huh, like I'd give a damn about those guys. But, what can I do? Fangirls are more powerful than men.I chuckled at the thought. I could imagine all those girls hovering around, asking for my autograph upon my debut. Oh, Yong, don't overthink things. My inner self scolded me.
"I'm being crazy again." I mumbled.
 
 
DING
 
 
I opened the door and saw some old friends from FNC. "Hey! How did you know I was here?" I laughed as I saw them carrying all those beer and snacks.
 
"Jjong sent us since he was very sorry that he couldn't hang out with you." JungShin smiled.
 
"How's he?"
 
"He's getting better. Voice still a little hoarse but he's recovering." Another friend answered as they entered my room.
 
"That's good, I guess."
 
 
 
After that night, everything has been too normal. I found a part time job at a restaurant near FNC and found a cheap apartment to stay in. I have been waiting for Ami to call but it seems that she really did not want to see me again. If only I knew where she lives, I would've barged into her house and beg her to come back to me.
 
 
"Excuse me..." A hand tapped my shoulder. "Are you going to order? The line is getting longer." She said politely.
 
"Oh, mianhae." I turned around to bow.
 
"Jung YongHwa?" Ami? Is that really her?
 
"Ami?"
 
"Yah. Have you been following me?"
 
"I was about to ask the same question." I smiled at her.
 
"Hey you! Are you going to order or not?! We've been waiting for half an hour already!" Another costumer shouted. I quickly apologized then dragged Ami out of the line and outside the restaurant.
 
 
 
"What are you doing?!" Ami was mad.
 
"I'm sorry. But, why haven't you called me? I have been waiting for you for more than a month!"
 
"I don't belong to you anymore, Yong. So please don't be so demanding." She glared at me.
 
"Yah, Ami-ah. As long as you're not married, I could still run after you. Besides, I was your first---"
 
"SHUT UP!" I saw tears forming under her eyes.
 
"I...I'm sorry. I won't say that again. But please think of my feeling too, Ami. Do you know how happy I would be if I received even just one short call?"
 
"We have been over, YongHwa. Please stop reprimandong me." She turned around and headed back to the restaurant.
 
"JUST ONE CALL, JUNG AMI! JUST ONE CALL!" I shouted. She did not stop. Instead, she walked even faster. What have you just done, Jung YongHwa? You have just made your situation even more pitiful. I sighed. "I am freaking pitiful."
 
 
 
I couldn't sleep that night. I was thinking about Ami and that unexpected meeting this morning. Maybe i have really crossed the line. She would be very mad at me now. Or worse, she'd be despising me and wouldn't even forgive me even if I'd die a million times. Stop it, Jung YongHwa. You're imagnation is just too much. Stop being too childish. You're such a choding. "Maybe superman could help me." I sighed. "And no, I am not a choding." I growled.
 
 
I lay down on my bed, thinking. Would she call me? Did I really cross the line? Is she angry at me? Call me a paranoid but I couldn't help it. The woman I love the most was angry at me and had shot me daggers when I was talking to her. Who wouldn't be worried about that?
 
 
In this farewell 
There's no blood 
There's aliby 
Cause I've dropped regret 
From the truth of a thousand lies 
So let mercy come 
And wash away
What I've done 
I face myself 
To cross out what I've become 
Erase myself 
And let go of what I've done
 
 
My phone started ringing.
 
"Yoboseyo?" It was an unknown number. Who could it be?
 
"Yong?"
 
"A...A...Ami-ah?" I stuttered. "I'm not dreaming, aren't I?"
 
"You're funny. " She giggled.
 
"W..why did you call?"
 
"I thought you wanted me to."
 
"Oh. Mian." I chuckled nervousely. "Uh, Ami-ah?"
 
"Ne?"
 
"I just wanted to say sorry for this morning..." I took a deep breath. "I didn't mean to cross the line..."
 
"Oh. That... I am sorry if I yelled at you." I could imagine her blushing right now.
 
"So, uh, shall we start as friends again?"
 
"Uhh... sure..." I heard a faint baby's cry. "Uh, YongHwa... I really have to go. Uh, I guess, I could talk to you some other time?" She then hung up. I didn't even have the chance to say goodnight.. wait, was that a baby I heard? Strange, what would a baby be doing in Ami's house? It is really impossible that she would have a new-born sibling. Could it be that it's her child? No. That can't be. Or is it?