The Start of a New Book

Hello, My Baby!

Yunho's POV

My body was shaking. I don't know what's really happening to me. I don't know what will happen. This is our comeback after the lawsuit scandal. And this time, there's only the two of us. Changmin has been there for me. He was one of the few reasons for me to stay in this industry and continue making music. He's the only person who knew how I felt because we were feeling the same. Anger, disappointment, sadness, hurt. Those feelings keep on dominating our hearts and everytime I hear our songs, it just becomes more painful. But  I had to continue walking forward. I have three kids that are looking up to me as their father. I have kids--sons--who has become my inspiration to continue living. I have three beautiful children who will always be there for me.

"Dong Bang Shin Ki?" The PD called.

"Ne!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the PD.

"You'll be onstage in five. Please go to the backstage now." He said and hurriedly walked to the other artists' dressing rooms.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Changmin pat my shoulder.

"I guess so." I nodded. Will the fans like us? Will they still support us even if there's only the two of us onstage? Will they hate us? Will they be able to accept us? Will they be happy with the performance that we will present today? Will they be able to accept us even after all that has happened? Will they help us cope up with the depression? Will there still be the red ocean?

"Hyung, let's go." Changmin started heading out of the room. I followed him quietly, trying to calm my fast0-beating heart. I have to do this. Not only for the kids, not only for Changmin, not only for myself but for Cassiopeia too. For the name Dong Bang Shink Ki, for the three members who cannot be onstage with us today. For the hope of being reunited as five again. For the five stars that connect as a constellation. For the five rising Gods of the east, Dong Bang Shink Ki.

 

"Okay, you'll be on air in 5," The PD's voice rang through the earpiece. "4," My heart was thumping loudly. I was the first to perform and my legs were shaking. "3," Get a freaking hold of yourself, Jung Yunho. "2," You are the dance machine. "1," Here we go. "And we're on air!"

 

After chaos... we struck it out through the hard times...

 

The MR started playing.

 

We are Dong Bang Shin Ki..

 

Roars of cheers rang through my ears along with the music. My body moved involuntarily and I started dancing to the music. I felt like I was complete again. Like I was back to the old me. The me who was dancing for the crowd, the me who performs for my dream.

"And, cut!" The director said through the earpeice.

"You did great, Yunho-ah." Manager Kim pat my back.

 

I turned to smile at Changmin who was having his make up redone. "You did best, Changmin-ah..." I gave him a ganuine smile and headed to my seat where my make up artist is waiting.

"Yunho-sshi, are you feeling okay?" the make up artist asked me.

"Yeah. I'm definitely fine. I have never felt so good in so long." I closed my eyes and replayed the events onstage.

 

"Dong Bang Shin Ki. Be ready in two minutes!" The PD came into our room again.

"Neh!" The people in the dressing room started to move faster. The costumes were shoved to us and we were left to change.

"This is it, Changmin-ah. We're finally back." I pat the younger boy's head and turned to get changed.

 

The performance finally ended. My hair stood on its ends as I head the loud cheers that the fans are making. I still feel the adrenalin rushing through my veins. I missed this stage. I missed the cheers, the lights, the schedules, everything. But it would've been better if the other members were here with us. It would've been a better performance, this day would've been happier.

 

On our way back to the dorm, I noticed that Changmin was strangely quiet.

"What's bothering you, Minnie?"

"Hyung, I have been thinking of this since the news of our comeback came." Changmin sighed.

"Go on. Shoot." I smiled, hiding the nervousness that's enveloping my heart.

"What are you going to do about the boys?" My heart stopped beating. Everything froze. I was too excited about performing that I didn't think about what the boys would feel. About how they would be at risk of being found out. Of how they would be coping without me by their side. Now that we're back to promoting songs, I'm pretty sure that we'l be out of the country a lot. How can I keep an eye on them when I can't stay by their side?

Guilt flushed through me. How can I be so selfish of the boys? Maybe I shouldn't have taken them away from their poster parents... That way, they would've led a better and safer life. I was just putting them into the mouth of danger. What kind of father am I?

 

I arrived at home at 3 in the morning. As usual, the boys were already in their rooms, tucked in bed. I entered my room, getting ready to retire for the night. Today has been full of events. The adrenalin rush that has overpowered me earlier has made my body feel so weak now.

"Appa!!!" Jaeyoung jumped on me as soon as I opened my bedroom's door.

"Why are you still awake?" I embraced the kid and looke into my room, noticing that the two other kids are sitting there smiling at me.

"Because we want to congratulate you." Youngji grinned.

"We watched you dance on television, appa! You were so cool!!" Yoogeun raised his two thumbs up.

"Aww, thank you, boys..." I set Jaeyoung down and sat on the floor with the kids. "Are we celebrating, then?"

"Cake!!" Yoogeun clapped his hands.

"We'll buy a cake tomorrow." I pat his head. "Appa's really tired, boys. And it's already so early in the morning. We should be sleeping." I yawned.

"But we want to spend time with appa~" Jaeyoung pouted.

"How about you boys sleep beside appa tonight?" The three boys' eyes lightened up with excitement.

"You'll really let us sleep on your bed?" Youngji asked, astonished.

"Why not? My bed is huge for a reason." I winked.

 

The boys then rushed to the bed and took their places. I chuckled and lied down in the middle of Yoogeun and Jaeyoung.

 

"Good night, boys. We'll be celebrating tomorrow." I let the two youngest boys lie on my arms.

 

Sorry, kids. I'm trying my best to be a good father. I hope you will understand me one more time when I leave you again. I hope you will be able to forgive appa...

 

==================================================================

I'm so sorry for not updating D;

 

one last chappie and this fic will be over. :( I'll be posting a sequel, though. Well, that's if you guys still want me to write a sequel... Comment, please? I need those to keep me going... :D