Moving On

Hello, My Baby!

 

Yong's POV
 
 
It's saturday and it's the last day of auditions for FNC Entertainment. I grabbed my guitar and started on my way.
 
"Good morning, sir." A man in a black suit greeted me.
 
"Good morning. I am here for the auditions." I smiled at the man.
 
"Ah... go to the first door on the right." He directed me. I thanked him and slowly entered the room.
 
 
"Good moring." I greeted as I got in. I looked around and saw three people sitting behind a long table. They were smiling brightly at me.
 
A guy welcomed me and lead me to the seat in front of the judges.
 
"Can you introduce yourself?" A lady asked me. She was wearing an elegant light green dress. She looked like she was in her early twenties.
 
"Anyeong haseyo. I'm Jung YongHwa. I am 17 years old and I am here to sing you a song. Please enjoy." I smiled the pulled out my guitar.
 
I started plucking the strings, playing the intro of the song Falling Slowly.
 
I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out
 
I sang the song with full emotions. Suddenly, Ami's smiling face popped into my mind. I closed my eyes ans continued singing.
 
Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now
 
I felt tears run down my cheeks. Gosh. Why am I crying?
 
As I finished the song, I heard the judges clap thier hands. I opened my eyes and saw them standing and smiling happily at me.
 
"I could feel the eomtions in it." The lady wiped her tears.
 
"See you in Seoul, little kid." The other judge congratulated me.
 
"Kamsa hamnida!" I thanked tham then headed home to tell my family about the auditions' result.
 
 
 
 

I started packing my things as soon as I received my ticket to Seoul. It was thrilling for me. At last, I would be making my dream come true. I would be the best musician or Ami.

"Are you sure about this, Yong?" Appa sat on my bed, watching me zip my bag.

"I am, appa. This is the break I have been waiting for." I didn't look up. I felt my eyes water. Why does this have to be so hard?

"Just... call me if you need anything, okay?" Appa's voice cracked. I knew he was near to crying. I nodded slowly. I couldn't talk anymore. I know that if I spoke anther word, I might just break down. I heard appa sigh then walk out of my room. I looked out the window. I watched the kids playing outside. They were running on the street holding water balloons. I remember doing that when I was nine. My playmates MiKa and JiRo would usually be running outside throwing water balloons and running after each other on our lawn. Now, those to had their lives away from Busan. Mika went to Pyungsan while Jiro is already in America, if I'm not mistaken. I miss those two. Oh, I would really miss this place.

I let out another sigh and looked at my luggage. Is this the right decision? I have never been away from my family and I have never even thought of being alone. What will happen in Seoul? Will I have friends there? Will I be welcomed warmly by the other trainees and the teachers? Will I be an outcast or a famous student? Will I be good enough? I felt warm liquid slowly creep down my cheek. I really hope everything will turn alright. I really hope that Ami will come back.

 

At last, it was time for my flight. Hyung and my parents were at the airport, bidding goodbye. They were gazing at me with tearful eyes, eyes that were wishing me happiness and luck.

"Don't overwork yourself, okay?" Eomma embraced me.

"Yah. Yong, if people harass you there, call me and I'll kill them." YongHae hyung pat my head.

I nodded then embraced my family for the last time then headed to the boarding area. And for one last time, I glanced at them. They were smiling at me, giving me all the encouragement they could offer. I waved goodbye, forcing a smile and holding my tears back. I hope I can make my dream come true.