A Promising Farewell

Hello, My Baby!

Yunho's POV

 

 

Jinagabeorin

Eorin shijeoren

Pungseoneul tago

Naraganeun yeppeun kkumdo kku-eotjji

Noran pungseoni

Haneureul nalmyeon

Nae ma-eumedo

Areumda-un gi-eoktteuri saenggangna

My phone started ringing again.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered.

"Hyung, Manager wants to go back there and fetch you. We're at the hotel now and he's about to order a plane ticket..." ChangMin was panicking.

"I told you to cover up for me. I'll e coming there after five days. Tell him to just wait and not to worry. I won't stand my brothers up. I just need some time with my wife." I explained. Our manager is really stubborn at times. He would really stop at nothing just to get what he wants. But he could not force me this time. I need to stay a little more... just five more days. Because I'm sure that schedules will be full and I won't have time to come home for a while. I just need to spend a little more time with Ami.

Before I could end my call, I saw Ami going down the stairs. She was wearing a white dress and holding a pearl purse. "Uh..." I slowly lost my grip on my phone. I stared at the goddess who was smiling brritghly at me. I felt myslef melt at her eyes' beautiul gaze.

"YunHo?" I heard a voice that was oming from the ground. I saw my phon lying there with Changmin still on the other end of the lline. "Hyung? Is everything alright? What happened?" His voice is worried again.

I iritably picked up the gadget and ended the call without saying another word. "Uhh..." I couldn't speak. I don't even know what to say to the goddess in front of me. Oh, how beautiful she is.

"Don't look at me like that, it's embarassing" She blushed. Oh my gosh. She's just so adorable... how could anyone hate her?

 

I watched as Ami sat gracefully in front of me.
 
"YunHo-ah... I don't think such kindness is appropriate. Why are we here in the first place?" She asked as she looked around the restaurant, silently admiring the chandeleirs hung above us.
 
"What kindness? This is called 'repaying'. Besides, it's not like you've never been to a five-star restaurant before." I chuckled and opened the menu on the table.
 
"Oh, please. I know you're rich but you don't have to show off like this." She joked. "And, you don't like eating out, if I'm not mistaken."
 
"You know me oh, so well." I laughed. "It's a special day so I really wouldn't mind spending at least fifty thousand dollars here."
 
"Oh, rich kid, you're spending way too much on such a simple dinner like this." She looked at me. "And what's so special today?"
 
"Hey, don't be too loud. You'll hurt the staff's feelings. And, this is not a simple dinner. Just wait and see." I grinned at her.
 
"I don't have a good feeling about that." She returned her gaze towards the list of food in front of her.
 
"Oh you should be getting yourself ready. It's going to be a night of talk, Jung Ami." I gave her a final smirk before calling the waitress.
 
 
 
"Can I take your order now, Jung YunHo-sshi?" The waitress greeted me. She had long brown hair which was tied in a pony tail. She looked at me with her fake blue eyes --- very inappropriate for her skin complexion and face shape (don't blame me. BooJae had influenced me a lot).
 
"Ladies first." I gazed at Ami who was still flipping through her menu. I saw the waitress frown then turned to my fiance.
 
"I'll have a qurater of you roasted chicken, a friend rice and your soup of the day." She dictated as the other woman jotted down her order.
 
"Why don't you order the house specialty, Ami? Their steak here is excellent." I suggested. I hid a chuckle as I saw the waitress get pissed.
 
"Then you have it. I'd like to have chicken today." She sarcastically smiled at me.
 
"Of course. I'd have a steak and mashed potatoes, please." I finally ordered, ignoring the waitress as she tried to catch my attention. "Don't you want any drinks, my dear?"
 
"I'll have iced tea." She replied.
 
"Make that two, miss." I finished ordering. I saw the waitress slowly walk away, silently stomping her feet as she went to the kitchen.
 
 
 
"I see you're quite famous with girls." She teased.
 
"Of course I am. Didn't I tell you that I am the king of the east?" I grinned. "All those fan girls would kill just to get near me. I just don't get it why my fiance walked out on me at our first meeting." I teased back.
 
"That is because I am not like any other girl out there. I don't stalk people with high egos." She glared at me.
 
"I know. That's why I fell in love with you." Gosh, this is starting to get awkward.
 
"Stop kidding me." She laughed nervously.
 
"No kidding, Ami. I asked you out because I like you. I took responsibility of YooGeun because you're different. And... I have always known that you're the one for me. Ever since that day that I first saw you." I locked our gazes. I noticed that her cheeks were starting to get red.
 
"Stop it, YunHo-ah." She managed to look away. I took her left hand and kissed it.
 
"I'm sorry, Ami. But I couldn't stop. I can't stop loving you." I reached in my pochet and searched for the diamond ring that I bought yesterday. I was about to pull it out when the waiter brought our food. Taking advantage of the distraction, Ami pulled her hand from my grip then greeted the man who was already placing the steak in front of me.
 
"Enjoy your meal." The waiter bowed. I saw him wink at Ami. She giggled as he turned away.
 
"Look who's 'unpopular'" I growled.
 
"What did you say?" She looked up from her meal.
 
"Who's that guy?" I asked her, letting my voice sound bitter.
 
"I don't know. A waiter, perhaps?" She chuckled. "You're not jealous are you?"
 
"Of course I am! You frowned at me during that engagement meeting but you giggled at someone so unpopular, so ordinary. Plus, you just met him!" I am not angry, guys. Just bitter about it. Believe me, there's a difference.
 
"Ooooh~ The almighty king of the east is jealous. Perhaps he's insecure because of a poor waiter?" She started to tease me again.
 
"I just confessed to you and you do and say thigns like that?!" Okay, I am starting to lose myself.
 
"Chill, almighty Jung YunHo. You're the father of my child and you're insecure of a courteous waiter?" She chuckled.
 
"How can you chuckle at such a situation?"
 
"Aren't you a little too over-reactive?" She laughed. "Yah. Jung YunHo. Snap out of it."
 
"Fine. As you wish, Yeobbeo." I gave her one of my breathtaking smiles. And thanks to that line, everything was awkward again. Soon, we started munching on our meals --- silently. I wanted to start another conversation but I didn't know what to say. Tonight's my last night in Seoul and I have decided to tell her everything I feel and officially propose to her.
 
"Is there something wrong with my face?" Her voice cut through my thoughts. It was only then when I noticed that I have forgotten about my steak.
 
"N...no. Nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect --- you're perfect." I smiled back. She blushed again and she soon returned her attention on her soup.
 
 
 
We soon finished eating but the atmosphere did not change. It was still... well, awkward. After paying the bills, I drove toward an abandoned park. It was the place where I played when I was little. But people seem to have forgotten about it when malls have started to rise downtown. Now, nobody ever bothers to clean the place. No one even knows the place anymore.
 
"What is this place, YunHo?" Ami asked as I guided her down a path.
 
"This is my favorite park." I replied as I cleared the way from tall weeds. "It's the safest place I can get in too."
 
"Safe? This place looks like a haunted forest." She shivered.
 
"Exactly. That is why I feel safe here."
 
"Are you the grim ripper or what?" She joked nervously.
 
"Grim ripper? I see you have such a rich imagination." I laughed. "This place is not at all haunted. Besides, this is where I hide from all those fangirls."
 
"Oh. Then, where do you suppose are we heading? This place is full of gigantic trees and tall weeds."
 
"I guess you're thinking of the center of the earth?" I teased. "Don't you worry, honey. We're getting nearer. Just you wait." I said as I cut the last of the tall weeds. "And, here we are." I let Ami look at my master peice. It was the playground I once loved. It was really devastating for me to discover this place all rugged last year so I decided to rebuild everything. Since I wanted to keep the place a secret, I worked on the place alone. I repianted the swings blue and the slides red. I have repaired the money bars and restored the charlotte's web. The sandbox was a total wreck when I found it so I have replaced it with a better one.
 
"Wow. How could such a beautiful place be abandoned?" She asked as she roamed around.
 
"It took a while to restore such a place." I chuckled. "But that doesn't matter now. Do you like it?" I embraced her from behind.
 
"Of course I do! This place is perfect." She half-whispered.
 
"Then maybe I can get a reward?" I kissed her cheek. She stiffened in my arms.
 
"I told you to stop it, Jung YunHo."
 
"Didn't I tell you that I can't" I chuckled and finally let her go. 
 
 
 
She slowly sat down on one of the chairs and slightly kicked. Soon, she was flying up high in the air. "Having fun?" I laughed as I sat on the swing beside hers.
 
"Did you know that you are so selfish, YunHo-ah?"
 
"And why is that?"
 
"How can you not share this beautiful place with everyone else?" She slowed down to a stop.
 
"I can't let others ruin and abandon it again. I found this place during its darkest days. I have worked hard to restore its inner beauty and make it look happy again. Just like what I did to make you happy again, Ami." I looked up the cloudless blue sky.
 
"Thank you for everything, YunHo-ah." She followed my gaze.
 
"I won't let you get abandoned again, Ami. I promise that you would never be sad again."
 
"Kamsahamnida."
 
"Ami-ah... I'm sorry for telling you on such a short notice..." I nervously strated.
 
"What is it?"
 
"I... am leaving for Japan tomorrow evening." I sighed.
 
"Mwoh?" She stared at me. "No. Please don't leave us behind."
 
"But my job requires me to go overseas. Don't worry, I'll be calling everynight. I'll be flying back home as soon as I get free time." I promised. Ami was silent but I could tell that she was doubting that I have that kind of time. Knowing that I have such a tight schedule, even I was doubting that I'll be home for that christmas. "Look, I'm really sorry that I have to leave the country. But don't be sad. I have prepared a very easy life for you. I'll be hiring maids and guards for you and my son. Remember that when you need anything, may it be a roll of tiolet paper or a new house, just tell me. I'll be one call away." I cupped her cheek with my left hand."Don't cry, honey. It hurts me seeing you like that."
 
"I don't want to be alone." She held back her sobs.
 
"You'll never be. As long as I am there... in your heart." I took the ring from my pocket. "This... is my prromise. I will never leave as long as I am there..." I pointed at her chest "...and you are here." I pointed to my head then my heart. "I promise that I will always be yours. Never will I betray you and my son." I wiped her tears that were rolling down her cheeks. "Even if I'm in a far place, I will always protect you." I slowly slid the ring onto her finger. "Will you marry me?"
 
All I wanted to hear is for her to say she loves me too. But of all the things I have done, "thank you" are the only words I hear from her. If only she'd tell me what I want to hear, I would give everything up for her.
 
 
======================================================================================================
 
Is this the longest chapter I posted or is the the longest one?
 
Anyway, thank you for the continuing support~ Do tell me your insights abou my story~ Thanks a lot~ :D