Paradise

Hello, My Baby!

 

Hello My Baby

"Hyung! I know you’re busy and all with your kids but you have to come back here soon!" Changmin pleaded on the other end of the line. 

"I told you I'll be coming back..." I sighed. 

"I mean tomorrow, hyung. No, this afternoon!" Changmin sounded irritated. 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Shim Changmin?"

"Hyung! Sooman sunbaenim is killing me! He told me we had to practice and record for the comeback!"

"Comeback? Just the two of us??"

"Yes."

"What?" This is ridiculous. He must be kidding, right?

"That's why we have to arrange our plans! You should be here, pronto!" He said, a little more demanding.

"Yah. Do you know who you're talking to?" I sighed. "I'll be there tomorrow afternoon with the boys."

"What?! Who's going to take care of them?!" He sounded more surprised than irritated now.

"I will. Now stop freaking out. It's getting on my nerves." I sighed.

"Neh, hyung. See you tomorrow." He replied and ended the call. 


"Youngji-ah..." I entered the boys' room. 

"Neh?" The boy looked up from his book. 

"Do you want to go to Seoul with me?" I awkwardly sat beside him. 

"Why?"

"Do you want to study there?"

"Well, it's a good offer." He closed his book and sat up. 

"Then?" I looked at him expectantly.

"It has something to do with your work, isn't it?" He sighed. 

"Well, yeah. But I want to spend more time with you too."

"Is that all?"

"And I want you to meet your brother."

"We have another brother?!" Jaeyoung shot up from his bed. 

"Yeah... He's two years younger than you, Jaeyoung-ah."

"I can't believe this." Youngji sighed. "So you're really asking us to live with you?" I nodded. "What about ahjumma?" He asked. 

"Well, I think we could arrange that." I answered. Really, this kid thinks like a 30-year-old. 

"Hyung, can we give it a try?" Jaeyoung gazed at his brother with innocent, pleading eyes. Have I told you how much I love that kid?  

"Aish. Fine. Let's give it a month." Youngji finally gave in and started reading his book again. I sighed in relief and a smile seemed to be permanently printed on my face. Jaeyoung jumped from his bed and embraced his brother. The little kid was smiling happily as he gazed up shyly at me. I knew he wanted to embrace me too. I nodded and welcomed him in my arms. 

“I’m so excited to see your home, appa.” Jaeyoung smiled up at me. Appa. That sounds very, very nice. I thought. I pat his head and proceeded to tell the elders about my plans.

 

“Ahjumeoni…” I knocked on the old couple’s door.

“Come in.” She replied. I opened the door and saw her folding clothes. “What seems to be the matter?” She gazed up at me and motioned me to sit down.

“I know this seems sudden, ahjumma…” I started.

“I know what you’re going to ask me, Yunho.” She sighed. “I guess it’s okay. They’re your children, after all…” She looked away with sad eyes.

“I’m sorry… but you could move in with us, too.” I suggested but she waved the idea away.

“We’re already old and we cannot go on long trips. Plus, there is nobody to take care of the house.” She smiled at me. “And maybe it’s time for you to take your responsibility as a father.”

“I… I don’t know how to thank you, ahjumma.” I embraced her.

“Taking care of the boys is enough. Can you promise me that?”

“Of course, ahjumma.” I nodded and headed out the room with a happy expression printed on my face.



That morning, the whole house was in a chaos. Ahjumma was in a rush packing the boys' things. 

"Ahjumma, there's no need to pack clothes... I'll just buy them new ones." I said as I helped her. 

"Alright. I'll just pack the boys' favorite clothes." She sighed. 

"Ahjumma..."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry..." 

"For what? We talked about this last night, right?" She stopped her activities and gazed at me. 

"I know you're attached to the boys. I'm sorry for taking them away. You know you could visit them, right?"

"You're their father. I don't think I have any rights to take them away from you." She took a deep breath as she held back her tears. 

"And thank you. Thank you for raising them so well." I smiled. She then rushed towards me and embraced me. 

"I'm so proud of you. You have finally grown up." She sobbed on my shoulder. 

"Thank you, ahjumma." I smiled and let the old woman cry on my shirt. 


 

A few more hours passed and everything was set. 

"Take care, okay?" Ahjussi pat Jaeyoung's hair. 

"Neh." The boy smiled brightly. Youngji wasn't saying anything. It made me feel nervous. 

"Youngji-ah. Are you alright?" I gazed at him. His eyes were sad and tears were threatening to fall. "Hey, I promise to make you feel happy there." 

"It's okay..." He murmured. The boys gave the old couple one last hug and they boarded the car. 

"Take care, young master." Ahjumma pat my shoulder. "Take care of the boys too." I smiled assuringly at her and gave her a small nod before heading towards the car. 


 

The ride was quiet. Jaeyoung was asleep and Youngji was gazing sadly out the window. 

"Are you hungry?" I asked. 

"Nope."

"Don't be like this, Youngji-ah."

"Don't be like what?"

"You're making me feel bad for bringing you home."

"Home?"

"My house."

"Can you blame me? I have never, even once, left that house. This is my first time in Seoul."

"I've got an idea." I remembered my playground. I quickly took a u-turn and rushed towards the only place that makes me feel safe. 


 

I turned to a familiar corner and drove deeper into the woods. 

"I didn't know you live in such a secluded area." Youngji gazed curiously out the window. 

"No, I don't live here." I chuckled. Well, at least I know he still has some innocence in him. 

"Then why are you bringing us here?" He raised an eyebrow. Okay, I take back what I just said. 

"This is a special place for me. Only I know this place. And I promised myself to bring you guys with me the next time I go here."

"You know, I'm not really a fan of mother nature."

"Trust me, you'll be happy when we get there." I chuckled. 

I finally got to the dead end and we have to walk from here. I carried Jaeyoung and held Youngji’s hand as we walked through the tall grasses.

“Ouch.” I heard Youngji gasp.

“Hey, what happened?” I stopped walking and gazed at him. His leg was scratched by a grass leaf and it was slightly bleeding. “Okay, we’ll tend to that when we get to the place.” I said and sat down, removing my backpack and carrying it with my left arm.

“How are we going to reach the place when you’re sitting down?” He eyed me curiously.

“I’ll carry you on my back. Come on.” I said.

“But you’re carrying Jaeyoungie.”

“It’s nothing. Come on. My muscles aren’t for nothing, you know.” I smiled at him. After a few more indecisive gestures, Youngji finally decided to climb my back. I carried my two boys and continued on our way.

A few more minutes passed and we finally reached the playground. The swings’ color faded already. When was the last time I went here? I don’t even remember.

“Youngji-ah, Jaeyoungie… Wake up, we’re here.” I woke up the two boys I was carrying. Youngji was the first one to wake up. Yawning, I placed him down on a bench and woke the younger boy up.

“Wow, you own this place?” Youngji said, gazing with amazement at his surroundings.

“Sort of. It’s the only place where I unwind… You like it?” I smiled.

“Definitely.” He gave me a huge smile and two thumbs up.

“Jaeyoungie…” I shook the boy on my shoulder.

“Neh?” He finally woke up. I sat him beside his brother while he was rubbing his eyes. “Where are we?” He asked sleepily.

“My paradise.” I smiled.

“WOW!” He exclaimed as soon as sleep abandoned him.

“This is where we’ll be spending the afternoon, neh?” I smiled, happy that my sons are enjoying the view. They both nodded and beamed up at me. “We have to clean up first, though.” I chuckled. “Appa’s been away for so long that I couldn’t  clean this place soon enough.”

“It’s fine.” Youngji smiled excitedly. “There isn’t any paradise that doesn’t need hard work, right?” He nudged his younger brother who nodded in return.

“Arasso, let’s start cleaning, shall we?” I opened up my backpack and handed them rugs and small brooms. The two boys happily took them and set off to the playground while giggling with excitement.

===============================================

 

I'm sorry for not updating for ages! I finally had a new latop so I could type more. I promise to update more often now! Please still continue reading. Do comment too and share!! Thank youuuu~~~~~~~~~~~~