Debut

Hello, My Baby!

 

Yong's POV
 
"Hey, are you alright? You've been slacking off lately..." Jjong waved his hand in front of me.
 
"Huh?" I snapped back to reality. He was right, I have been losing myself since that night happened. I was losing my temper most of the time and would cut classes. "Yeah. Guenchanna..."
 
"Yah. Did something happen to you? And, didn't you say that you've finally recovered from your asthma? Is that some kind of side effect or what?" He handed me a bottle of cola.
 
"I said I'm fine. I'm just kind of... tired."
 
"You haven't done anything yet you're tired? Yah. Tell me what's wrong. And, you haven't told me why you came home dripping wet that night."
 
"Come on... I was just stuck in the rain. And I walked home that night so I was a little late." I tried to find more excuses.
 
"I didn't know that 'a little late' means getting home at 4 in the morning..."
 
"Oh, just shut up. You won't understand anyway..." I then walked away from my companion.
 
 
 
This really isn't happening, right? Everything is just a dream...  but it has been two weeks since that incident happened and nothing has changed. I have returned to the FNC dorms as a trainee. Jonghyun was in line to debut with his band CNBlue. We have been trying to persuade the manager to put me in the band and debut with him. But he said that doing so would just prolong Jonghyun's wait before his debut.
 
 
“Yong, manager told me that you can be one of the band’s members.” Jjong sat beside me on the couch.
 
“Sure.” I passively answered as I clicked on the remote, looking for a decent show to watch. “Wait. What?” I looked at him, his statement finally sinking in.
 
“He said that he could only wait for six more months…”
 
“That’s great!!!!” I smacked his shoulder.
 
“OUCH! Can’t you be a little less excited?” He chuckled as he rubbed his shoulder.
 
“Oh, thank you soo much, Jjong!!!” I embraced my best friend. Maybe this world isn’t that cruel after all.
 
 
 
 
Months passed and it was finally time for our debut. The manager said that we are flying to Japan to promote just like what HongKi and his band did. Well, I had nothing against it. Maybe that's really the time to move on. Japanese girls are really beautiful.
 
"Are you ready?" Jjong smiled as he stopped beside me and stared at the boarding area's entrance.
 
"I'm not sure." I sighed.
 
"Hyung, this is finally it!" MinHyuk was excited like a ten year old who's going to have his first roller coaster ride.
 
"It's kind of scary, isn't it?" KwangJin said.
 
"We still have to study Japanese, right?" JungShin joined the row that we were making in the middle of the airport.
 
"Come on, don't make a scene here. Let's get on the plane, shall we?" The manager handed out our passports and tickets.
 
 
 
We arrived after a few hours of pure excitement. The boys were having fun talking and planning like they were going on a vacation. Well, I couldn't deny that I have planned some tours myself. For a first-timer at The Land Of The Rising Sun, who wouldn't want to go around the country and see their hotspots. "Hyung, where do you want to go first when we arrive there?" JungShin tapped my shoulders.
 
"Maybe the Tokyo Tower." I smiled. People say that it was really tall. I want to prove it myself.
 
"You must go to the recording company first, boys. They have to know that you've already arrived." Manager butted in. JungShin and MinHyuk pouted and started walking towards the car. "Oh, don't be so sad. You'll get tired of the country after some months of concert tours."
 
"When will that be?" JongHyun and I asked at the same time. Apparently, we were the most excited people about our performance.
 
"June, I guess." The older man replied.
 
"That's two months away..." JungShin sighed.
 
"You'll be studying nihonggo during that time. Also, you'll have studio recordings and practices." Manager let us board the car.
 
"Look, DBSK is really famous here." MinHyuk pointed at a picture in the newspaper. "I hope i can meet them here."
 
"That's impossible. They're too busy to meet up with newbie rock bands." KwangJin told the younger member.
 
"I just want to see them. Even if it's just bumping into one of the members."
 
"They are from another compny, Hyuk. And, besides, they really are too busy." Jjong read the newspaper.
 
"Then, can we attend one fanmeet?"
 
"Why didn't you attend one when we were in Seoul?"
 
"Well, they were basically not there."
 
"I mean when they were still promoting in Korea."
 
"I don't know. I don't really like them when they were promoting Hug. And, i became too busy to follow their career."
 
"And you will still be busy here."
 
"I don't understand why you guys are stopping me from meeting these five outstanding guys."
 
"You sound gay, Hyuk." I chuckled.
 
"But they're one of the few that people really look up to."
 
"That's true. Well, just let fate make you meet, okay?" Manager laughed at us.
 
 
 
 
The two months passed by quickly and it was finally time for our debut. Jjong was the most excited one since he's the band's leader.
 
"Hey, do you think my voice won't waver?' Jjong was walking to and fro across the room.
 
"Can you just sit down, Jjong? I'll cover up for you if that happens." I reassured him.
 
"God, I'm so nervous."
 
"Don't be. You guys are perfectly fine." Manager walked into the dressing room. "It's showtime."