Keep Your Head Down

Hello, My Baby!

It was the first practice for our comeback on January. My schedule has started becoming hectic gain. I would spend time with the kids as much as possible but it was honestly hard. I usually go home at early in the morning and, of course, the boys would already be in deep slumber by then. I knew this would happen. But I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. I wanted to spend more time with my children. i wanted to be a father to them for once. But all my plans were put to waste when our comeback was planned. Not that I don't want to have a comeback, no. I fact, I was as excited as I was 7 years ago when we first stepped on that stage with BoA. I think I'm even more nervous that I was back then. There were a lot of uncertainties. A lot of doubts, a lot of things to consider. Will we be able to get those cheers from fans two years ago? Will we be able to get the support we had even if there's only two of us left now? Will we still be called TVXQ? Will we still be the Rising Gods of the East? I was scared. There are three young boys who would be easily broken if they were introduced to the public, there's my career that's threatening to crash if I let everyone know that I was maried twice and there's he sasaengs who might harm my kids.

I sleepily walked to Youngji's room. If there's one of the boys who was pretty much bothered by my career, it's going to  be my first born. Youngji's stil that stubborn little smart that he has become. Not that I don't like it, he's the only person who keeps giving me rality check every single time we talk. He's the only person who doesn't like the idea of becoming a rich idol's son. He told me last night too that he'd rather go back to Gwangju and live with the parents that he grew up with.It hurts, of course, but he's right. I barely even have time for them.

"Appa is really, really, really sorry for making you go through this, Youngji-ah." I sat on his bed, trying my best not to wake him up. "I promise I'll keep you happy. Appa is bound for Japan in a few weeks and I'm really, really worried about the three of you." I sighed. With the news of our comeback, Japanese Cassieopeias have gone wild. They wanted us back there like what JYJ will do for their tour. SM doesn't want us to go there while the others are having their tour but Avex wants us back, and quick. It won't be long, though. It'll last for three to five days. We were going to sign a contract and have that press conference and we'll be back here to prepare more for our comeback. It's chaotic, yes. It's almost driving me insane. I don't know how the kids will deal with this. I know I have just fought for my rights to take care of them but sadly, I cannot even fulfill my duty as their father. Maybe Youngji's right. Maybe they're better off to Gwangju than be confined in this huge house and only spend time with me on a very rare occassion.
"It's what you want, right? To have a comeback?" Youngji's sleepy voice said as he turned around to look up at me.
"Was I too loud?" I smiled at him and his hair.
"No. I was just a light sleeper." He shook his head. We have been a little closer now, though. He has been letting me touch him and calls me Dad now.
"So you heard me?"
"Yeah."
"I don't know what to do, Youngji-ah..." I sighed. This kid might be young but he speaks as if he's even older than I am.
"Do what you like." He sat up and looked straight into my eyes. "I told you before, we'll do fine in Gwangju. Actually, I feel more comfortable there with the small house and normal life. You do know that it's pretty boring staying in here the whole day just reading and running around, right?"
"I know that." I looked away. "But I want to spend more time with all of you."
"You can always visit us in Gwangju." He shook his head.
"You know it's not that easy to go there."
"But you'll have your ways. You had your way in getting mom pregnant, you'll have a way to visit us there at lest once a month." Okay, i admit it. This kid has a good point. "Besides, confining us in this house won't make us happy and you know that."
"You're right." I finally sighed.
"And to think that I'm supposed to be the son who needed the advice." He chuckled lightly.
"Yah, you're still just young. You don't know anything about this world." I playfully ruffled his hair.
"Oh yeah? Look who's talking." He pushed my hand away.
"You tak up after your mom a lot, you know that?"
"I know." He nooded. "I know it because I'm more sensible." He shrugged.
"Did you just insult me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Uh, yes?" He grinned.
"Why you little brat!" I dove beside him and started to tickle him.
"Stop!" He shreiked and laughed as I continued tickling him.
"You better stop insulting me, Jung Youngji." I continued poking his sides.
"The you should stop being such a crybaby." He teased back, trying to breathe in between his giggles.
"You just insulted me again!" I pouted.

"Appa? What are you doing to hyung?" Jaeyoung's voice asked as I saw the door open.
"Hi, Jaeyoung." I stopped tickling the still giggling Youngji and walked to the younger boy.
"Welcome home, appa." He smiled brightly.
"Weren't you asleep?" I picked him up in my arms and kissed his cheek.
"I was woken up by hyung's screams. I thought someone was attacking him." He looked worriedly over his brother.
"I was just playing around with your hyung." I chuckled.

"Is something wrong?" Yoogeun's voice inquired as he stepped inside the room.
"Looks like I woke everyone up." I sighed and picked up the youngest boy too.
"I want pizza, appa." Yoogeun yawned.

"Who wants pizza?" I smiled as the three boys raised their hands. "You want to go out too?"
"We're going out? At 4 in the morning?" Youngji's eyes widened in both surprise and excitement.
"Yeah. I know this awesome pojangmacha (a/n: it's street vendor) nearby. Kachi gallae (a/n: Let's go together?)" I smiled. The three boys nodded excitedly. I put them down and  the two younger boys rushed to get dressed.

Fifteen minutes later, the four of us were dressed in sweats. I was wearing dray, Yoogeun was wearing yellow. Youngji was wearing red and Jaeyoung was wearing blue.

"You look like a happy family, young master." The butler greeted us.
"Why, thank you, Mr. Lee." I smiled at him and started heading out.

Since the store was a little far from the most crowded part of Seoul, the kids and I had to use the car my manager uses to get me to my schedules. It was a small Audi A4. Well, it's basically my car but I let my manager drive it when I go to schedules.

Moving on, the kids and I made our way to my favorite store. They ate a lot, to be honest. I had to spend aroung 100,000 won on what they ate. Are they that hungry?!

After finally getting our stomachs full, I drove to my heaven. My most beloved playground.

 

=============================================================================================

Hey! Sorry for not updating. This is going to end in 2-3 chapters. Please continue your support until then!

And do comment. Comments keep me going.

And "Update Soon!" isn't counted as a comment! Haha.

But seriously, please comment. I lose my motivation to write if I don't get comments. :)