Eternal Damnation

Hello, My Baby!

The 30-minute "free" time felt like a mere 5 seconds. I was fixing my tie when I heard the doorbell ring. Again, I was frozen in place. I stared at myslef who was looking so stupid in front of the mirror. I felt sweat coming out of my sweat glands.

 

"YunHo-ah~ Eomma and Appa's here!!!" I heard Ami call from downstairs. I tried to collect all the composure I can and slowly moreso, unwillingly went to the livingroom where I found Ami's mother looking at the frames that were on display.

"Uh... Annyeonghaseyo..." I almost croaked.

"Ah... Jung YunHo jag-eun kkoma..." The old woman greeted me sweetly. I stared at her like a three year old who's lost in the middle of a large mall. "Is there something wrong, my dear?" She checked her elegant red coat which compliments her young-looking face.

"A...Ani. Uh... I think you know me already, Ma'am." I awkwardly smiled.

"Of course! You're the grandson of KiJeog International!" She smild brightly. Oh, how funny it was for me to find out thet Ami looks like her mother. "Say, how's Grandma SooMin?"

"Ah, Halmoni is just as healthy as a 30-year-old woman." I chuckled as I recalled how young-looking my 70-year-old grandmother is.

"Ah, maybe I should schedule a day out with KiJeong-sshi this month, no? The old lady's been working too much since that new gadget was proposed..." She tought out loud. Really, I hate talking about my halmoni's job.

 

"Breakfast is ready~" Ami sang from the dining room. Where's her father?

"AeHee-ah... stop staring at your son-in-law's pictures..." I heard an old man's voice come from where Ami was. I grinned and slowly turned towards where my fiance was.

"I'm coming, YoungMin-ah..." She chuckled at her husband's embarrasing remark.

I silently pecked my fiance's cheek as I entered the room, making sure that her parents were unaware. "Hey, I'm gonna be damned today..." I whispered nervously. Everyone sat on their places and an awkward silence enveloped the dining tsble.

"So, uh, shall we eat now?" Ami broke the silence.

"Should you not introduce yourself first, son?" Ami's father looked at me with scary eyes. His gaze was a mix of anger and protectiveness over his daughter.

"Ah... uh... Annyeonghaseyo... Choneun Jung YunHo imnida..." I bowed formally at the elders.

"Are you usually  like that? Do you always have to be reminded of proper attitude?" The old man said grumpilly. "Sit down." He ordered me. Again silence settled in the room but this time it wasn't an awkward silence but one with much tensios between Ami's father and me.

"Ah... Appa, would you like to eat the egg rolls now? It's your favorite, isn't it?" Ami, again, broke the tension.

 

Breakfast started and nobody was daring to start a conversation.

 
"So, how old are you?" Ami's father asked.
 
"21 years old, sir." I said as I ate the last of my egg rolls.
 
"Aren't you supposed to be in college?"
 
"I'm too busy with my career, sir." Oh, is my career going to be a hot topic again?
 
"Being an idol does not prove anything." Ami's father looked at me with disgust evident in his eyes.
 
"Excuse me but I can't let you insult my career" I tried to keep myself calm.
 
"What a bastard -- How could you talk back? Is that how your parents raised you?" He was now on the verge of shouting.
 
"Sir, may I remind you that you are stilll in my house and I don't think you could insult me and my family in my territory. I suggest that after you eat, the door is right there. You can go home." I then stomped away from the dining room towards the attic.
 
 
 
I know that I have just talked back to an elder, more over, Ami's father but I could not stand being insulted by someone who barely know me. He even crossed the line and brought up my family.
 
 
 
"Appa!" I heard Ami downstairs. I wanted to run to her but I couldn't face the old man. I don't know if I could control myself i he said more insults.
 
"That bastard is not fit for you!" The old man scolded.
 
"He took responsibility of my life by taking YooGeun as his own son. Appa, you made me leave YongHwa before just to get me engaged to YunHo. You even took away Yong's right to know his child. And now you want me to leave the man who put everything at stake just for me?! I'm sorry, dad. But I can't let you dictate over my life aymore."
 
"You dare bring up that bastard YongHwa again?! That guy could not even give you a decent life! All I wanted for you is a bright future!"
 
"That's enough. Please leave, appa. I can't take this anymore." With that, I heard loud stomps on the stair then followed by a slamming door.
 
 
 
I knew I'd be damned today. Everything didn't feel right to start with. Jung YoungMin-sshi looked like a dictorian then an uderstanding father. No wonder Ami never talked about her family.
 
 
I woke up a few hours before sunset. I noticed that I fell asleep on the box that I was sitting on. I stood up and convinced myself to go look for Ami (who will be in our room for sure.
 
"Ami?" I knocked on the door. There was no answer. It made me worry. Was she angry at me for talking back to her father? "Ami-ah?" I slowly opened the door. I found her sleeping on the bed. I smiled to myself then silently sat beside her. Her heeks were stained with tears. It made me feel guilty again for hurting her feelings. How could I make my Ami cry?
 
"Y...YunHo?" Ami slowly opened her eyes.
 
"Look... uh... about.. this morning..." I sighed. "I'm really sorry..." I her face.
 
"It's alright... I forgot to tell you about appa's attitude." She smiled sadly at me.
 
"I'll just make up for the ruined meal, should I?" I pulled her so that she was sitting beside me. "Go get
dressed..." I then went out of the room.
 
====================================================================================================

 

Another short chapter... had to go~

Thanks for reading! :)