034

School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 Jul

Dear Eonnie,

I went to the practise room before morning assembly, as usual. But today, the room was awfully quiet and empty. It was just Jae Suk, Haha and I. We told the rest on the chat that we found out the reason why, and we wanted them to come early so we could explain… but none of them turned up.

Jae Suk assured us that Suk Jin will return, because he’s here. He just needs time. It’s Kwang Soo and Jong Kook we were worried about.

We tried contacting them the entire day; Even during breaks, I would sit with Gary and we could repeatedly call the two, but none of our calls went through.

Eonnie, I am so worried. What if they just go away like that? What will become of us… and the band? Do you think we are strong enough to stand this test? We have gone through so much together… we would right…? Right?

 

Jihyo

 

8 Jul

Dear Eonnie,

After repeatedly trying to contact Kwang Soo and Jong Kook, Kwang Soo finally returned our calls today. (Suk Jin, like what Jae Suk had predicted, was back with the team!)

He called Jae Suk, the last person who called him.

We watched Jae Suk’s eyes widen as he listened over the phone, unable to speak. Taking a moment to react, he covered the speaker of the phone with his hand and whispered, “The guy says he’s a police officer!”

We looked at each other in shock. Then, Haha told him, “Put it on loud speaker.”

Jae Suk did so.

Guy on the phone: Excuse me?

JS: What’s going on?

Guy: Kwang Soo is in our custody now. How are you related to him?

Haha scribbled on a piece of paper to say ‘admit that you’re his older brother’.

Jae Suk nodded, and said, “I’m his older brother.”

Guy: Could you come over? We need his guardian to be present.

Jae Suk agreed, and we all left the school together, skipping the afternoon class. Because we were leaving school without permission, we had to climb over the back gates. Unexpectedly, I climbed over it quite easily.

Suk Jin said jokingly, “I see you have been skipping classes!”

I protested, but they just laughed it off.

The five of us squeezed in a cab to the police station. When we reached, we told the officer in the front desk we were looking for Kwang Soo, but when they realised that we were younger than 21, they refused to let us see him.

We panicked then, not knowing what to do. It was then, Teacher Im called me to ask why was I not in afternoon class. I hesitated, looking at the rest for cues. Gary nodded, so I told Teacher Im the tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter