025 - The Camp

School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 June 2012

Eonnie,

Let me continue with the rest of the camp!

The next morning, we woke up at 6 plus. The sun had barely risen, and it was still quite dark. And it was very chilly! But we had to do a morning mission in the pond. We were all still groggy from sleep and all, and our muscles were also starting to ache, but oh well.

There was a log on the pond, and Teacher Myuk made us go up the log. Then, we had to rearrange ourselves according to the characteristics he gives us. So first, it was birthday, then it was cohort ranking, and finally the easiest- height. It was the getting around that was difficult, because the log was rather thin. The boys were very nice to let me move less, to I would have less chances of falling in. But still, I fell a couple of times. Kwang Soo was the unluckiest! He fell so many times!!! The first time I fell though, I shrieked in surprise. The water was so cold! I wouldn’t say it’s freezing, but it was still very cold!! Not like they didn’t shriek. Okay, maybe Gary and Jong Kook did really make any noise, but the rest shrieked too. I think Kwang Soo and Suk Jin oppa shrieked louder than me. HAHA. It was a relatively easy mission, but because of the coldness, it became a little hard. But I think despite the cold water, we had fun watching the rest fall. After the mission, we stayed in the pond a while to splash water at each other.

After we got out, we changed and had breakfast. The teachers provided us with eggs! Haha suggested that we make French toast. It got a little burnt in the mess tins, but it was still edible. We also cracked the egg in the ramen soup. It was so delicious. Or maybe we were just that hungry.

Soon after breakfast, we had another mission. We had to find ping pong balls in a mud pool. Oh my god, right after we changed. It was crazy hard to move in the thick mud, not to mention gross. Omg, even now I feel disgusted. But we had some fun too, when Jae Suk oppa decided to play a trick on Suk Jin oppa and dunked him into the mud! He became a mud-faced! Haha! And of course Suk Jin wouldn’t let it go just like that, so he collaborated with Haha to dunk Jae Suk, and then everyone became mud faced. We even had Jong Kook wrestle with everyone. We lost each time! That guy is a monster? Jae Suk joked that he must have worked out 24/7. Hahaha.

After the mud pool mission, we changed again. By then it was only 10 plus. We had a short break (which included a trick on Suk Jin by Jae Suk (again!)). Then, we are asked to move to another clearing.

There were a lot of things to carry- two big tents and one small tent (the boys shared two tents while I slept alone in the small one), and all our cookery, and a large water tank and personal belongings. The water tank was around 10 kg when we first arrived. We had our own water bottles, so we hadn’t used much, and it was around 8 kg left. Jong Kook carried it all by himself! Gary and Haha shared a large tent, and so did Kwang Soo and Jae Suk. Suk Jin carried the small tent, while I carried other miscellaneous stuffs. We walked for around 30 minutes, and stopped in front of a map.

There, horror started.

Instructor Jo blind folded Kwang Soo and Suk Jin, while Teacher Myuk taped up Jae Suk’s and Haha’s mouth. Then, Teacher Im announced, “This is the most important mission of the camp. It tests your ability to work as a team when you are handicapped. As you can see, Kwang Soo and Suk Jin are blinded, while Jae Suk and Haha ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter