020

School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 June 2012

Eonnie,

It’s a Sunday today, but the band still got together. Actually, it wasn’t for practice. Haha said we should earn some money for the drum set, and Jae Suk oppa suggested that we can do car washing. Not everyone turned up, though.

It was just Jae Suk oppa, Suk Jin oppa, Haha. The other three hadn’t replied the chat. I was a little deflated not to see Gary around... But I’m just thankful that the other three are chatterboxes. I can’t imagine spending a day with Kwang Soo and Jong Kook… oh, the awkwardness.

We went around asking the neighbours if they needed a car wash. A few kind ones gave us money without requiring a wash, but we were rejected plenty of times. I knew it was going to be hard. I mean, we’re not doing it for charity or anything…

But anyway, the washing part was tiring, but fun. Because they were such tricksters, you know. They kept splashing soap and water around. It hurt a little when it went into the eyes, but other than that, it was a nice way to cool down in the sweltering summer heat. But by noon, we had only washed two cars, so that’s like… $20 earned. Plus the kind donations and all, it was barely $30. A long way to go till we afford a drum set.

We took a break at noon for lunch. We ate cup noodles at the convenience stall, all drenched in sweat and water. We earned funny looks, but it’s okay, because we had each other. Somehow, I think I like this better than when I go to posh restaurants with Seo Young and Krystal. Not like I disliked their company, but with the band, I feel like I belonged.

And it reminded me of us. Do you remember, when you turned 10 and I was 7. You demanded that you get to go around our town on your own, ‘because you are now in the double digits’. And you demanded that I tagged along because ‘you were a big sister capable of looking after your baby, sigle-digit-aged sister’. Ha. And guess what, we got lost and back then we didn’t even have phones. And we were hungry and tired, and I wouldn’t stop wailing. And we decided to spend whatever money we have on snacks and call home using the cashier’s phone.

And appa scolded you the entire night (while the both of us bawled our eyes out) and grounded you for a week. Ha.

 

 Okay, back to the car wash. So, yeah, we had our break, and Gary came! He was bleary eyed and tired. Haha gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter