023

School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 June 2012

Eonnie,

Today was another (official) training. Today, we all brought our running shoes. HA. We went for a warm up of 3.6 km. And the catch was this: we had to sing while running. Because we ran as a team, they followed my pace, so it wasn’t that hard for them to sing. Most of the time, I was too breathless to sing, but I think Teacher Myuk closed one eye to it.

We had a water break after that. Surprisingly, Kwang Soo passed me my drink. I was too shocked to mutter a ‘thank you’, but he didn’t seem to mind.

From the other end of the bench, Gary gave me a small smile. Jae Suk oppa and Suk Jin oppa also came up to check up on me. I smiled and told them I was okay, a warm feeling enveloping my heart.

It makes me feel like we are more than just a group of kids who work together to prove that we are not rejects. It makes me feel like there are people who truly care for me, not because of you, or not because they pity me, but because they just care. Like... like real friends.

After the water break, we had an intense dancing practise for about an hour. I wasn’t good at dancing yet, but I wasn’t the worst. Ha. Kwang Soo was so(!) stiff! It was really quite funny, the way he danced. Plus, he was so ridiculously tall and with his awkward movements... it gave us quite a laugh. And then there's Suk Jin oppa. Haha, he wasn't as stiff, I guess, but he was horrible at following the tempo. And I'm just the milder version of them two combined.

Before he dismissed us, Teacher Myuk told us that we would have a camp on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. He wouldn’t tell us any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter