031

School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 Jul 2012

Dear Eonnie,

The group chat had been awfully silent. It’s usually the Jae Suk who initiates topic, and now that he’s down… it’s so quiet.

I debated for a long time about whether I should give him a text, or to call him. Eventually, I decided to just head down to the hospital to try my luck.

He was outside his sister’s ward, his eyes closed, but probably not sleeping.

I got him a hot drink and sat beside him.

“Hey,” I said softly. He opened his eyes, but said nothing.

I handed him the hot chocolate. He nodded as a form of thanks, but put it down without taking a sip.

“Are you hungry?” I asked. He dug out a triangular kimbap from his pocket.

“Kwang Soo bought this,” he said.

I stared at him in shock. I probably wouldn’t have been surprised if it were Suk Jin or Gary or Haha. But Kwang Soo… while he had started to open up, it still surprised me that he came the extra mile for Jae Suk.

“How’s she?” I asked.

He nodded. I took it as a good sign.

“Your parents...?”

“They came last night. But they left in the morning.”

I nodded, and we sat in silence for quite a while.

“You should go,” he finally said. “Enjoy the last weekend of your holiday.”

How could I have fun when I’m not with the team?

After another bout of silence, I said, “I guess, I just wanted to tell you that it doesn’t matter who you were or how you were like in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter