Chapter 28: Missing

LOVESICK : The Reality

[White's Point Of View]

 

 

After ordering our things in our hotel bedroom and making ourselves comfortable, we decided to make our way to the lobby to meet with the rest of the group. When we arrived at the lobby, we found that everyone was already there, including the fifty fans that were joining us today. Greeting the unfamiliar faces with a brief bow, we proceeded to join our crew. I notice that PTit is giving us a suspicious stare as we join them. Apparently, he still doesn't believe that Captain got permission to share a room with me. If I am honest myself, I don't believe it either. I was going to ask him while we were alone but I stoppede myself out of fear of making him go back in his words. I am doing my best in ignoring it for now as I don't want to ruin our trip, but the questions are still clouding my mind. Why was his mother suddenly so distrustful of me? She had always been cold towards me, but never had gone out of her way to distant me from her son. Why was she doing it now? Why did Captain have to lie to be alone with me? Had something happened, something that he hadn't tell me? Was her mother suspicious of my behavior towards him? I had always known that Captain's family were a bit narrow minded, but I had never thought too deeply about it. What would they think if we were to be together? Would she give us acceptance or would she go as far as disowning her son? Oh god. I can't imagine how painful that would be for him. I wouldn't forgive myself if that were to happen.

"P'White? P'White?", I feel a hand shake me lightly and break out from my thoughts to find two concerned eyes staring at me.

"Oh? Sorry. I got lost for a moment. What is it?", I ask him faking a smile, and he relunctantly continues, "Hmm. We are going to board the bus now." I nod my head slowly and start to step forward, but a hand prevents me from it. Turning around, I face Captain who is looking at me with concern, "P? Are you okay?" Nodding my head slowly, I reach for his hand and give it a light squeeze to assure him. Although I was suddenly stricken with questions, I couldn't let these worries torment me now. I had promised myself that I would enjoy this trip to the maximum. This was my chance to spend time with Captain and show him how much he was starting to mean to me. All of my worries could wait for a little longer. "Yeah, I am okay. We should go now or they'll leave us behind.", I tell him and start dragging him along. 

At the bus, we sit at the far back. I sit in the middle, with Captain and Ngern taking each one of my sides. I stare at the front of the bus as a slim woman stands in the middle and speaks through a microphone. "Hello, everyone. My name is Sumi Takahashi and I will be your guide for today. Feel free to call me Sumi and ask me any questions concerning our travel.", The woman speaks thai fluently and gives everyone a friendly smile. "Oh, she's beautiful!", I hear Ngern whisper beside me, Captain nodding his head in agreement. I give Captain a gentle bump on his arm and he shrugs his head and turns to look out of the window. 

 

 

 

 

After hours of going from sanctuary to sancturary and visiting different exhibitions and tourist zones, we finally stop in a small shopping area to make a break and use the restrooms. I quickly stand up from my seat and stretch my sore body. Even though I was enjoying the tour so far, I had to admit that I had grown exhausted. While a part of me didn't want to stop traveling and discovering new places, the other part of me couldn't wait to go back to the hotel and rest. An image of myself holding Captain in my arms as we sleep forms in the corner of my mind, making me smile to myself. 

"P'White?" Captain's voice breaks me from my course of thoughts so suddenly I jump a little startled. I look around me and realize that I am already outside the bus and that Captain and Ngern are standing beside me with their curious eyes fixated on me. "I am sorry. Were you saying something?" I ask them. "I was telling you I am going to that store with Ngern. Do you want to join us?"  Captain points a finger to one of the gift shops around the area. I look at the store beside the one Captain's pointing his finger at and find a book store. Shaking my head lightly, I give him a smile and say, "It's okay. You go ahead. Ill be checking out some books at the next store. Ill meet you outside." I tap his shoulder lightly to assure him that it's okay for him to go without me. Captain seems to understand this and smiles back. I watch him turn to look at Ngern and give him a nod as agreeing to join him. Ngern smiles and together they begin to walk away. I continue to stare at Captain until he disappears inside the store before I begin my path to the store. 

Looking around the booksore, I can see a few mangas and magazines. Some motivational books are also available, as well as Japanese translations of American books. Apparently they only have books in japanese. There is nothing I can buy here but at least I can entertain myself with some manga art. As I explore the manga section, my eyes stop me at a manga that has two boys in the front cover. Being reminded of Captain, I take a glance around before picking it up from the stand. I quickly open the book and roll down the pages until a drawing caughts my attention.  My cheeks blush when I take a careful look at the image of two boys kissing passionately over a bed. I continue to the next page watching the scene unfold to more intimate contact. Now they are touching each other and getting rid of each other's clothes. I stare mouth open as one of the boys blows the other up and feel my heart race within my chest. What the heck are they showing kids these days, seriously?

"White? What are you reading?", Suddenly, a man's voice startles me and I almost throw the book in fear. "No-nothing!", I close the book quickly and place it back beside the rest of the mangas,  hoping that he won't notice the cover. PTit gives the book a curious look before looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I gulp down and decide to change the subject before he can ask about it, "So, are we leaving already?" 

"No. I just thought that I should keep close look on you. I don't want you to get lost or kidnapped.", He tells me and starts to follow me as I awkwardly walk towards another book row. "A woman just told me that her teenage girl went missing a month ago and they haven't found her. Poor woman. She was still trying to search for her daughter.", PTit tells me as he shows me a page that contains the picture of a teenage girl, her young face painted by a smile. "That's a pity.", I tell him as I give the picture a quick glimpse before turning back to the books in front. For some reason listening to the heartbroken story makes me feel anxious and uncomfortable.

"Yeah, it is. Don't go too far away from the rest, okay?"  PTit tells me and I pat his shoulder in reassurance, "Don't worry P. I won't." Although I tell him this, a part of me fears for Captain. I know how carefree he is sometimes. I fear that he might get lost. This thought makes me lose all interest in the books, so I tell PTit that we should go back to the rest. He seems satisfied with this as he had already diverted from the books, none of them caughting his attention. 

As we walk towards the group of tourist that are already waiting for us, P'Tit continues expressing his concern and mourn to all the stories of missing teenagers that have come out lately. I can only listen as I try to calm my beating heart. Why was all of this making me feel so anxious? Why was I suddenly having a bad predestination?

"Hi, PTit, PWhite. Are you guys done with your shopping already?" I turn around as I hear Ngern's voice from behind us. "Yeah. We didn't buy anything. Everything was in japanese." PTit responds as if he had been asked, before continuing, "Did you buy anything?" Ngern quickly raises his hand to show us a plastic bag and give us a satisfied grin, "A few things."

I drift my attention from him to look to his sides and behind him, trying to search for that familiar person but not finding him anywhere around. My heart quickly stops but I try to keep my composture and ask him before losing my over his absence. "Ngern, where is Captain?", I ask him in a steady voice that didn't show the panic that was quickly arising. Ngern frowned and turned to look at his sides before looking at me, confused. "Eh? He was with me a moment ago. He probably forgot something inside the store." He said nonchalanty and before I realized it, anger was overcoming me. "Are you serious?! You were supposed to take care of him?! How could you have lost him?!", I scream at him and ignoring his dumbfounded face, I start rushing to the store. 

I quickly entered the store and began to search for him. The store was fairly small. Just a small store like those that are usually seen inside malls. I run through the small crowded space and quickly return to the entrance empty handed. I decide to look for him again but end with the same outcome. Where the heck is he? He couldn't have gone far? Oh my god. What if he got kidnapped?! Captain tended to be very friendly and lovable to strangers. What if they used that against him? What if they were planning to sell him and I was never going to see him again?! We needed to report his disappearance to the cops before it was too late and he was sent to overseas or something!

My heart is beating frantically as I walk outside towards PTit and Ngern to inform them about Captain's disappearance. "PTit! I can't find him! Where could he be? What should we do?! Let's call the cops!" I tell them in panic, as I breathe heavily. They look at me as if I'm crazy and try to calm me down. "How can you be so calm?! We are in a foreign country! He couldve gotten lost or even worse, kidnapped like that girl of the picture!", I continue ranting as I walk in circles, everyone's eyes fixated on me. I knew what was going inside their minds at the moment. "White just lost his sanity." They were probably thinking. Some of them were most definitely enjoying this scene. But at this moment, I didn't care about what they thought. The priority in my mind was finding Captain. 

"What happened, P? Did someone went missing?" Suddenly, I hear the voice of the missing person behind me, carefree as ever and I feel the fear being replaced by a boiling anger. Before I know what I'm doing, I am holding him by the shoulders and shaking him furiously. "Where the have you been?! Why didn't you us where you were going?! You should be more responsible! Do you want to get lost?! Is that what you want?! To get your stupid self kidnapped?! That's how much attention craved you are?!" I can't contain the anger and frustration from bursting out of me, making me scream at him ruthlessly in front of everyone. Captain stands frozen, as I continue to shake him. There's something in his eyes as he stares at me. Fear. Humiliation. Anger. I don't really know. He simply pushes me once i'm done and turns to look away from me, fixating his sight in a carton bag that's lying on the floor. 

"For your information, I was at the candy store beside the gift shop, shopping for candies to give you!", He finally snaps before I can start speaking again, fury reflected in both of his eyes. He then proceeds to crouch beside the candies that had fallen from the bag and now lied on top of the hard floor. "But guess what?! They are worthless now!" He tells me with irritation in his voice as he slowly picks the candies up, looking indignant. 

"Well, you shouldnt have done that! At least not without telling me first!" I cross my arms and continue speaking in a demanding voice that I don't recognize in myself. "Since when do I have to tell you where I'm going?!" I hear him mutter grimly before he stands up from the floor. "First. You are not my dad, White. Second. I am eighteen years old. I'm pretty sure I can take care of my own.", He is now standing in front of me, speaking at me with a cold harsh voice. He starts to turn away from me but then stops and looks back at me to speak again, "Oh. And third. You don't have a right to scream at me like that, much less in front of others. It better be the last time you treat me like this." He concludes before he turns to walk towards a near trash can, throwing the carton with the candies inside. I watch in silence as the bag falls and makes a thuding sound once it hits the bottom. I can hear the people whisper to each other and the crew coughing awkwardly, not knowing how to break the tension that has suddenly formed between the two of us. 

I give Captain a cautious look, hoping to see his usual relaxed expression, but only getting a annoyed expression. I want to talk to him but my throat suddenly has become dry and my voice has been lost. Now that the anger has faded, I realize that I was a little too rude towards him. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did, specially not in front of others. It must had been embarrassing and humilliating for him to be put into that situation. Captain already has been teased for being the "submissive" role in our relationship enough. I can't imagine how much more tease he will receive from the others if they find out. Way to go, White. It's barely our first day and you have already managed to get Captain mad at you!

 

[Author's notes]

Hello dear people! I am sorry to make you wait this long. Ive just been busy babysitting little niece and when I find time, Im usually too exhausted to write. I apologize again.

PS: This is just half of what we have written. Next chapter might come out later today or tomorrow. Hopefully.