Chapter 27: Arrival

LOVESICK : The Reality

 

 

[White's Point Of View]

 

"White! White, wake up!", I hear a authorative voice as I feel a hand shaking my shoulder firmly. Opening my eyes, I watch as P'Tit leans down to repeat the same action with Captain. "Captain, wake up! We have arrived!", He says in a fonder tone than the one I heard him use when waking me up, and a look full of tenderness.I had always known that Captain had a soft spot in P'Tit's heart. He had a soft spot on everyone's heart, as a matter of fact. Unlike me, who complained about life in general, Captain followed every order willingly which made him a perfect model to this generation's youth. He was a good student, respectful and considerate, and a good worker, responsible and obedient. I used to roll my eyes at him for being so well behaved but now I could finally admire him for the person he was. 

I stare at him in awe and can't contain a smile from appearing in my lips as he slowly returns to conciousness. He was one of the cutest, if not the cutest thing I've seen. Just seeing him in this moment made me want to hold him tight and never let him go from my arms. Suddenly, as I stare at the boy beside me, I hear an awkward cough and turn to look at PTit. I see him give me a suspicious look before standing up and saying, "We should hurry up." before walking away to talk to the others, leaving me blushing at being caught. 

"Ahhhh.. That was a really good sleep.", Beside me, I can hear Captain yawn as he stretches his body. Turning to look at me, he asks, "Did you get a good rest, P?" Smiling, I nod my head slowly, still thinking about the look that P'Tit had previously given me.

"Is everything okay?", He asks me sounding mortified.

Faking a smile, I rest a palm in his shoulder to reassure him, "Yeah. We have just arrived.

Turning to look out the window to look outside, I watch him smile in excitement as he registers where we are at. "We should get down then.", He tells me as he stands up quickly. Nodding my head, I stand up and begin to move out of the row of seats to join the others. 

 

-----------

 

"Are you sure you havent forgotten anything? If you have, this is the time to speak.", I hear P'Tit speak as we move down the plane. I turn to look at Captain, who is following closely after me, and ask, "Captain, do you have everything with you?" Captain glances over his shoulder, where his backpack is hanging from, before looking at me smiling, "Yup! Everything is with me!"

As we walk down the plane, I have the urge to make sure Captain is close to me always. We are in unknown territory starting now, and losing him is the least thing I want. I realize that Captain feels the same way, as he glues himself to me and doesn't leave my side. Whether it's out of love, or simply because he doesn't want to get lost, It makes me feel happy. 

 

-----------

 

"We will drop our luggage at our hotel rooms, do a quick freshen up, maybe change into something more comfortable, and then we will go sightseeing.", The organizer for the tour makes an announcement as we seat in the bus that picked us up from the airport. I look around and I can see that we have a combination of different races, ages and genders within our tour group. Personally, I think this will make the trip more interesting. It's always nice to have people from different cultures and origins around.

While looking around, I catch Ngern mingling with his phone while looking very agitated and anxious. Ngern has been a very supportive friend all throughout my uncertainties. That includes his perspective of me being "gay". A word that I still haven't been able to put a hand around it and still aren't sure about. His understandment makes me wonder about his relationship with August. They haven't admit that they are in a relationship but the actions from both of them definitely says differently. I guess it's true that actions can speak louder than words. How about me? If I can't use words to convey my feelings towards Captain, can I show it to him? Would he be able to understand? Can he capture my true intentions? Can someone like him who is not really sensitive to his surroundings be able to understand and provide me an answer? I am not sure but I have to at least try. 

"Why can't I reach him? I thought I had international calls and messages.", I heard Ngern speak, as he looked irritated at his phone. Oh wait. Could it be that he is trying to reach August? That should be it. Smiling, I turn to him and ask, "What's up? Already missing someone? August probably?" Ngern looks at me and gives me a shy smile. Slowly, he looks back down before saying, "Lamentably, I am not as lucky as you, P. " He raises his head and looks towards the person that makes my heart race and continues, "You have Captain right with you while I had to leave August back home."

I look at Captain, who went to talk to PTit before the bus started its engine and smile to myself. Ngern was right. I was lucky to have been blessed with this opportunity. I needed to live it to the maxmum. Captain turns to look at me and our eyes cross. I give him a fond smile and he returns it, before looking back at P'Tit. I look from Captain at the rest of the people. Everyone is already seating comfortably over their seats. Some of them are still yawning from the nap they took at the flight. Meanwhile, I can see Ngern still engrossed on his phone,  smiling idiotically to himself. Ah.. I guess he was able to contact August afterall. He looks very happy. You can see the glow on his face as he already was able to talk to August. I do hope I can achieve the happuness they have right now. Would that happen? Can I make that happen?  

After talking for a few more minutes, I watch Captain as he finally begins walking in our direction. "Hello, P.", he greets me casually as he seats down beside me. "How did everything go? You said you wanted to talk to PTit about something.", I ask him with curiosity. "Hmm. I just wanted to get some advice from him. I recently got a job offer for a new drama.", He tells me and I nod my head in thought. So, Captain was finally getting offers for new dramas and moving on from Lovesick. That meant that he was going to meet new people and probably act along girls, some of who he will have to establish close bonds with. And although I had also received drama offers and accepted them, I couldn't help but to feel anxious about it. What if he fell in love with someone else? 

Suddenly, I hear Captain yawn beside me and break away from my thoughts. "Captain?", He turns to look at me and I smile at him, "Are you tired? Still sleepy?" I slowly raise my hand and caress his buzz cut hair. It felt really satisfying to be here and be able to touch him like this. He looks at me and gives me that adorable cheeky smile of his and says, "A little sleepy.. But don't worry, P. Once we start moving again, I should be much better. Waiting is not one of my specialties." Even if I feel good looking at his excited face, I can't help to pounder on his last sentence. Waiting is not one of my specialties. Is he trying to hint that I should hurry up or he won't be able to wait for me?

"P' Are you okay? You look mortified.", I suddenly feel Captain hand land on mine and look at him as he stares with concern. Giving him a smile, I shake my head slightly, "No. I am okay. Just a little tired and excited for the trip." Once reassured, he smiles and brings his phone out to play with it. Stimultaneously, I continue poundering on his words. He said that he is not good at waiting, then how long will it take him to get tired and look for someone else? I need to use this trip to make all the progess I can.

"Captain..?", I pronounce his name softly, getting him to look at him almost immediately. "Yes, P?", He asks me with curious eyes. 

"Would it be okay for us to stay in the same room together?", I tell him shyly and watch as his eyes brighten. I am not sure if he is okay with this request, but the smile he is showing me makes me relax a little. "I mean we will be two persons per room, won't we? So I was thinking if you wanted to share it with me. I know you better, after all.", I explained myself , growing nervous.

After a while, he finally answers with a smile, "Sure P. You are right. You know me better." Once I get to hear his answer, I feel a weight being lifted from my shoulders.Wah! He accepted!  "Really?! Thanks!", I know I am being childish while showing this part of me to him, but right now I can't contain the happiness that bursts from my chest. Even if it's just for a while, I want to make him mine. At least I have already made the first step to reach my goal. All I have to do now is keep trying to convey my feelings. 

 

[Captain's Point Of View]

 

Right now, I can't stop smiling at White's request. My heart is overbusting with joy and I am filled with excitement for tonight. White and I will be sharing a bedroom. Not that we haven't done that before or anything. We have done that in multiple times as part of our work experience. But this time it's different, because our feelings for each other have changed. And although I don't expect too much from it, I can't help but to look forward to tonight. Just spending time with him is enough, after all. I smile boardly as I think about all the chances this will bring me and all the progess we could make out of it.

 "Alright. We will begin driving now. The hotel is half an hour from where we are currently at. So enjoy yourself with the scenery that we might pass by.", The organizer speaks again, after minutes of waiting for the rest of the passengers to get on the bus, and we all cheer in happiness as the engine starts and the bus finally begins moving. Although I love the view that we are passing by, I decide that I should use this time to get some more sleep. Putting my head on White's shoulder, I close my eyes and clear my mind from all thoughts, managing to fall asleep with a smile in my face.

 

-------------------

 

 

"Captain! Captain! Wake up! We are here!", In the middle of the silence, a voice grows louder and louder and slowly brings me to my senses. Opening my eyes, I turn to face the owner, finding Ngern's puppy eyes fixated on me. Nodding my head slowly and brushing him off, I take a moment to yawn and stretch my body, bringing every muscle back to life after their short nap. Once that Im completely aware, I stand up and follow behind Ngern, who is walking through between the seats. 

"How long has it been since I fell asleep?", I ask him as I watch my step on the small gap between the seats. "You slept throughout the journey.", He tells me. "You should've seen yourself. You were snoring very loudly. White even took a picture of you.", He continues telling me, making me notice White's absence. "Where is White?", I finally ask as I look through the moving crowd, trying to find him. 

"He got off first.", he replied. "He said that he wanted to get a bedroom for the two of you since that wasn't how it had been planned." At his late statement, I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Don't you know? You were assigned to share room with the P's by your mother request. She probably doesn't want you to spend unnecessary time alone with White. I bet she doesn't trust White enough. It's kind of funny, isn't it? She had never done something like this, why now?", He provides me with his opinion, making me stop abruptly. My mom had requested to divide me from White. She had never done that before. She had always been a little uncomfortable with how close I was to him but she had never gone out of her time to request something like this. That could only mean that she had her suspicions. What was I going to do?!

"Aren't you coming?", Suddenly I hear Ngern's voice call for me, making me raise my head to look at him. Nodding my head slowly, I force my feet to guide me towards the entrance of the hotel.

As soon as we entered the lobby, my eyes began to search for that familiar face that has caused so many emotions inside of me, finding him standing by the reception.Standing beside were our two managers, an apprehensive look in their faces as they heard White talk. "Please tust me! I can take care of him! That's what I've been doing all of this time! Haven't I done a great job?", He spoke with certainty, but behind him, I could see his hands shaking as insecurity clawed at him.

"It's not that we dont trust you, White. We are just following a request made by Captain's mother herself.", I could hear PTit try to reason with him patiently, putting a palm on his shoulder and looking at him with a fatherly look. Simultaneously, I gave Ngern a troubled look and received a small nod. Putting his hand on my back, he gave me an encouraging push, making me stumble my way towards them.

"It's alright PTit.", My voice suddenly joined them, causing them to look my way startled. "I already called my mom and she said its okay for me to share a room with White.", I lied to him, hoping that he wouldnt ask me to call my mother for proof. I smiled awkwardly as the three of them eyed me suspiciously, not really believing in my lie. "Are you telling the truth, Captain?", Ptit asked me, disbelief evident in his eyes. 

"If you want you can call her personally, P.", I said nonchalantly as I brought my phone out to hand it to him. I forced my hand to stand still, feeling sweat forming in my forehead, as I waited for him to do something. Raising an eyebrow, he gave me one last look before letting out a wary sigh, "You know what. Alright. Share a room together but if your mother gets angry at us, it's on you."

Giving White the bedroom key, he turns to me and says, "See you down here in 20 minutes." After seeing us nod in understandment, he turns around and began walking towards the elevators, with the other two following after him. After they have left from our sights, I turned to White who was smiling triumphantly to himself. When his eyes met mine, his smile became boarder. "Come on! Lets get to our room!", He said excitedly as he raised his hand to show me the bedroom key and began walking towards the elevators.

 

---------------------

[Author's notes]

Hello everyone~! It's Aleyda! I am sorry for long hiatus, but my laptop's charger burned himself (lol) That was my fault actually. So I was left without a charger for two weeks until new one arrived home. But today, as soon as I was able to use my laptop again, i began writing the update! I have to thank christina for coping up with me throughout all of my problems and patiently wait for me to caught up. And also all of you for waiting for the new updates, which are taking very long lately. Once again, i apologize and hope you enjoy. We have most of the next chapter ready so it might not take long before its out too.