Chapter 10: Should I?

LOVESICK : The Reality

But I don't know if telling you right now would be moving too fast. I still don't know how you feel about me.

If I tell you these words, and your answer is no. If it's like that, you'll probably run away.

It's perfectly enough already if I have you near me. I can hear your voice, I can take care of you from afar. 

I'll keep my secrets in my heart. However much it gets to be, I refuse to speak them.

 

[White's Point Of View]

 

As I am doing my homework for tomorrow's algebra class, my mind keeps sending me flashbacks and making me feel a little restless. Actually, this had been happening all throughout the day and it was starting to annoy me at this point. "This is all Tina's fault!", I whisper a complain as I kick at the floor useless. Last night's argument had left me with a troubled mind. At first, I thought that it was Tina what worried me but after facing her today and not seeing a change, I realized that the real reason for my concern was someone else. And after giving myself some time to think about, I had discovered what really bothered me. 

"If Captain had feelings for you, how would you feel and what would you do?", Tina's voice echoes inside of my head, making me feel light headed. 

Accepting that no matter how much I tried to concentrate on the papers in my hands I wouldn't get anything done as long as I felt this way, I rise from my chair and throw myself on the bed. The cool air coming from the air conditioner is not enough to reduce the increasing temperature of my body. I think I'm running a fever from all the thinking and I am not even sure why I am this worked up. 

What were my actual feelings for Captain and what were his feelings towards me? When it comes to my feelings, I am certain that I love him and would do anything for him. He is one of the most important persons in my life and I believe that I would be the person that he can rely on no matter what. We had gone through so many things and created so many memories that it was impossible not to love him. But I've always called these feelings as "brotherly love".

However, if Captain's feelings for me went beyond mine, then was I going to be able to face him and pretend that nothing was wrong? What are you trying to say, White? That you actually believe that he feels that way about you? Has he ever acted differently around you? Slowly placing my arms on my forehead, I recall all of our memories, trying to find a clue to what are Captain feelings for me. No matter how closely I looked at his behavior, he had never done or acted in a way out of the ordinary. 

But, wait a minute! These few weeks, Captain has been overly sensitive when it comes to me. Can all that anger be an actual sign of jealousy? Are these so called feelings the reason why he's been feeling down lately? So many things have happened in the past weeks that I don't even know what to think anymore. Can Captain have romantic feelings towards me? He did express his desire to spend time with me but if I was honest, I felt the same desire. And that was normal, wasn't it? Or was what I felt out of the ordinary as well? 

Argh! Forget about it, White! Why are you making this fuss about it when you aren't even sure whether he likes you or not?!

If you have your doubts, why don't you find the answer?

"That's what I'm going to do.. I'm going to find my answer..", I whisper to myself as I close my eyes and try to relax my body.

 

[Captain's Point Of View]

 

Now I am half dragging my body into my room after my worst encounter with P'Tina. I can't feel my body and my vision is starting to become blurry. Why does it feel as if the room was moving? Why couldn't I stop the world from spinning around me? Resting my back against the wall, I close my eyes and concentrate on getting the scattered pieces of my broken heart back together. Once I feel that they are back in their place, I slowly open my eyes and walk to my bed.

Throwing myself on the soft cushion of the mattress, I let out another long sigh and close my eyes. I want to forget the things that happened today. I want to remove myself from all of this mess. I want to ignore all of my problems and live in peace. But I can't keep denying the truth, even if I want to. All the things that I want to forget, ignore and remove completely are all there and won't go away on their own. Would things have been better if I hadn't met White or would I had fallen in the same trap?

Trying to control the tears that are beginning to build again, I pull out my phone and start to dial a number that currently has been my only source of morale support. "Hello?!", I hear her girlish voice on the other line. "Hello, Pineare. Are you free to talk? I have to tell you something.", I ask her as I hold my overflowing tears. For some reason, every time I call her, I find myself in this kind of situation. It's as if my body wanted to pass all of these feelings onto someone.

"Of course I have time! What is it?", Pineare tells me and although her voice remains neutral, I can tell that she's already concerned. "P'Tina called me today. She wanted to meet me. Actually, I'm just coming back from meeting her.", I begin to tell her about today's events. "She did what?! She called you?! She met you alone?!", I can hear the shock in Pineare's voice after she heard what I said. Well, she will be more shocked after she listens to the whole story. 

As I am trying to find better words to tell her what happened, I can sense that she's struggling to keep patient. "Captain.. Please tell me what happened.. I need to know to be able to help you.. ", She tells me in a desperate voice.

"She knows that I like White.", I tell her and retreat the phone from my ear as I know what's coming next. 

"What?! How the hell did she find out about that?! I swear I didn't tell her!", I hear her loud voice even when the phone is inches away from my ear. Letting out a sigh of exhaustion, I bring the phone back to my ear to tell her what happened, "Supposedly, she eavesdropped me when I was speaking on the phone in the restaurant's bathroom yesterday. And you know what the worse part is, that she is forcing me to confess to him. If I don't do it within this week, she told me she will do it herself."

"She wants you to what?! Argh! I'm going to murder her!", I can hear the other person explode in anger and I just can't hold another sigh from escaping my lips. What was wrong with me? I was sighing way too much lately. (-_-) "Right now, I just feel exhausted. Physically and mentally. No matter how much I want to escape, I know there's no way out. Everything is getting out of my control. I'm driving myself crazy here, Pineare.", I massage my temples, trying to relieve the headache that was building up.

"Listen to me, Captain. Right now, she is trying to use your feelings to her advantage. She knows that she is holding all the cards in her hands and that she will most possibly win in the end. She wants to see you fall and see you heartbroken. Lamentably, what's happening is beyond our control and refusing her request might make things worse. All we can do is take things calmly and hope for the best. Even if things don't go as we want them, at least we tried and you won't be hiding from White no more.", No matter how soft and caring Pineare's voice is, it doesn't calm my anxious heart. 

"But what if he hates me afterwards?! If I lose him, how will I be able to go on?! I love him too much, Pineare.", I can't believe how miserable and fragile I sound at the moment. Who would have thought that I would be suffering this much because of another guy.

"I know, I know.. But even if this wasn't the right time, he would've find out one day anyways. And I think it's better if he hears it from you than from her. Who knows what she would say. Seeing that she threatened you, she doesn't have the purest intentions. Let's just trust White, alright? If he is your friend, I'm sure he will be able to accept you.", Pineare tries to encourage me and I know that she is right. Even if it wasn't the right time, the truth would've come out one day. And it was better if he heard it from me than from someone else. All I could do now was to trust White.

"Yeah, I guess..", I tell her, feeling defeated. "You're a strong person, Captain. I know you will be okay. Besides, we will be with you. You can depend on us!", Us? I am smiling when I hear that word from her. Obviously Sing already knew too. Well, I was fine with that. I would need all the support I could get. If I lost White, at least I still had them.

 

Its s been two hours since I was forced to make the decision that will completely change my life and ten minutes since I talked with Pineare.

Yes, I will have to delcare my feelings to P'White.

Was I nervous?

Even though I still felt a little anxious, there was no other choice and this was for the better.

Just like Pineare had said, Tina will definitely do anything to pull White away from me.

White.. that name has been part of my daily mantra.. There has never been a moment that I am not reminded of him. I guess love really can make you go crazy and right now, this has confirmed my feelings towards him once again. I still didn't know what I was going to do if he were to turn away from me. But like Pineare had said, all I could do was to trust him and hope that he treasured our friendship as much as I did. 

"Everything will be okay..", Repeating the same reassuring sentence over and over again, I close my eyes and feel myself fall asleep.

 

[Author's Note]

Hello, everyone~! Is Aleyda, yet again! I have to admit that this whole chapter is done by our pretty Christina! But like always, I'm in charge of updating in time so here I am! Once again, I want to thank all of our subscribers for commenting and showing us constant support. But today, I also want to send my gratitude to a few of our loyal subscribers, who have been showing us their support continously throughout all of this adventure!

Silverfox13. My dear mama! Actually, when I found out who you were, I sreamed so loud! (Literally. My mom had to hush me.) Like, I have noticed you! Really, I have noticed you for a long time! And you were so kind when you checked up on me to see if I was doing alright. I will never forget that.action from you. I want to say that I love you and thank you for all the support you've been giving us and giving me personally.  I always look forward to seeing a comment from you because you're one of the persons I wish to please hahaha  (I feel like a daughter who looks for her mother's approval!)

JaeMi1. Man, I love your fanfics, bro. You should please me with them more frequently (because like you already know, I'm phunnoh starved.) I feel very thankful to have your support, specially when you're so good at writing fanfics. It really feeds my ego (hahaha!) So once again, thank you so much and please me more!!! (with your fanfics, of course!) I love you~!

fakefaketone.I'm not quite sure if I know you, but for some reason, I have the huge feeling that I do. (Like really, man.. I keep trying to guess who you are..) If you have me on facebook, speak to me so I can get rid of my curiosity. (hahaha. but if you don't want to, don't worry~!)  Anyways, I wan't to thank you for your comments filled with frustration and excitement. Hahaha. I love you~

PamWond. If I'm not wrong, you were one of my first subscribers for my phunnoh fanfics.(I'm not completely sure but I think you were.. Please tell me if I'm wrong though.) I want to thank you for all the support you've been giving us and me personally. Really, really, thank you~! I love you!

Gwenpookie. Another one of my loyal subscribers. I love your comments, dude. They are always long and very interesting to read. Please keep bringing them up! Thank you very much and I love you~!

 

And there are my favorite subscribers! Hahaha! I HAVE NOTICED YOU!! *Creepy stare* 

Hahaha. So I had said I would make a list of my favorite subscribers! Well, I always do as I say! hahahaha! 

BUT I LOVE THEM ALL! SO DO NOT CRY IF YOU WEREN'T MENTIONED!! I LOVE YOUUUUUUU TOOO!!

Anyways, I'm sorry if nothing interesting happened this chapter but next week, there will be double update! HWAHAHAHA!

Prepare your emotions and make sure to have napkins near because you might cry. (It might be of sadness or happiness!)

Thats all for today~ Once again, we love you all!