Chapter 26: Flight

LOVESICK : The Reality

 

 

[Captain's Point Of View]

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Boonsri and I'll be your chief attendant for today's flight. On behalf of Captain Santisakul and the entire crew, I would like to welcome you aboard.", A woman in her thirties, who despite her age was as beautiful as her name predicted, spoke through the microphone as we looked for an empty spot in the airplane. Her voice although calm and soft, pressured us to get into our seats. I looked around in search for an empty spot, as she continued speaking, her voice resonating throughout the plane. Not paying attention to the words she pronounced, I concentrated on my search.

For some reason, the airplane was strangely full today, I noticed as I walked behind the group.  There were five of us, therefore, we needed five empty seats if we didn't want to be scattered into different areas. From all the days it could be full, it had to be today, I whined mentally. I, honestly, felt very uncomfortable around strangers. And so, I was determined to find a place where the five of us could seat together. 

Glueing myself to the rest, I tried to ignore the curious stares from the other passengers. I wondered if they had an idea of who I was or if they were just being noisy. I had never felt bothered with being the center of attention. But today, I wished to just be another normal passenger to their eyes. If they knew who I was, it was because they had seen me in television. And if that was the case, they were probably one of the many people that secretly wished that I was gay. This thought had never bothered me before. But as I feel their eyes on me today, I can't help but think, You wanted me to be gay? Well, guess what? Your wishes have been fulfilled! Are you happy now?! 

"Guys, there's empty seats at the back, let's go!", After a while, PTit comes from the back, signaling us with his hand to follow after him. Like little chickens after their mother hen, we folloed him obediently. Just how he had claimed, there were six empty seats at the far back. They were split into two rows of three seats, one row in front of the other. I immediately relaxed. I really liked the spot. I wouldn't be seating with a stranger and we would be seating close to the restrooms. (Who knows when one might be in an urge of one. Knowing me, that would be very soon.)

"Come on. Lets seat down. We will be departing soon.", PTit suggested, making us nod our heads in unision. Ngern was the first one to move in, taking his seat next to the window. Aww! I wanted to seat next to the window! I mentally whined.

I was about to move in to seat beside him when a hand pulled me back. I turned my head to face its owner and found two beautiful brown eyes staring at me. "Seat with me, Captain.", White muttered in a low tone of voice, and looked over to the other row of seats that remained vacant. "You can seat next to the window if you want. I'll let you take it.", He said and gave me a shy smile. Although he was trying to hide it, I could sense the fear of rejection coming from him. But inside of my head, rejecting White was the last thing I wanted to do.  I came to this trip for one reason. Okay. For two reasons, actually. One is for the money they offered me. Who doesn't need money, anyways? And the other is to fix things with White. I am not planning to return home without fixing things between us once and for all. 

"Okay, okay.", I told him, sounding casual and slightly bossy, before moving in and taking the seat next to the window. Following after me, White moves in and seats beside me, giving me a cautious look. I bet he still thinks I'm mad at him. I guess it will take some time before he realizes I am not. Without nothing to say to each other, we allow the silence envelopes us. But this silence is a comfortable silence.  The kind of silence that we used to share before I ed it all up. I still remember those peaceful days, in which we were oblivious to what awaited us. Although I know there's no turning back, I want to at least treasure those days when we were innocent. 

The woman who will be our flight attendant, Boonsri talks through the microphone , giving us instructions for a happy flight and we listen quietly, trying to memorize every rule that we will have to follow. When she order us to put our seatbelts on, we comply without a question and put our seatbelts on. It seems that we will be departing soon and so they are instructing us on how to have a safe flight. Although this is not the first time I'm flying and by now Im already used to it, I still listen carefully to whatever they say. You never know when something will go wrong, and following their orders might save your life. 

After around ten minutes, the airplane finally begins to vibrate as it starts to raise. Taking a deep breath, I turn to look out of the window at the field outside. Although this might sound a little dramatic, this can be the last time I will get to see the ground below. We never know when something might go wrong and ends with our lifes. Closing my eyes, I start a prayer for a safe flight. As I pray in silence, a thought srikes me. Will god listen to my prayers or has he turned his back on me? Although I have never been the religious type, I'm a loyal believer of the existence of god and have always tried to stay clean from any sin. But today, a question has made it's way to me.  Am I a sinner now? For some reason, my heart aches at the answer I come up with. 

Suddenly, a warm hand wraps up mine, soothing the pain that has darkened my heart. I open my eyes and turn to look at him, confused. "Is there something wrong, P?", I ask him and watch him shake his head.

"No. It's just that you had a worrisome expression, and I wanted to bring you some assurance.", He tells me with a tender voice and a look that tells me that I am not alone, that he is beside me. As I realize this, I can't contain a small smile from forming in my lips. Turning back to the window, I look at the field that becomes smaller and smaller below us, feeling a peace that I hadn't experienced before. Nothing matters anymore, aslong as he is beside me. Because if he is beside me, I am happy. With this thought in mind, I decide to let my worries behind and concentrate on enjoying my time beside him, at least throughout the trip.

After half an hour of watching the dark night sky and the gray clouds, I find my body going lax against the seat and my consciousness drifting off. It's been a long and tiring day at school and it's already past the time I usually go to sleep. If I want to be in a good mood when we arrive, I should go to sleep now. Resting my head against the hard cold window, I close my eyes and try to go to sleep. But as I am drifting up to wonderland, I feel the light tap of fingers against my shoulder bringing me back to consciousness. "Hey!", A voice that I know to well whispers at my ear, sending shivers through my body.

I open my eyes slowly and find two puppy eyes concentrating on me. After letting out an exhausted sigh, I clear my throat and speak, "What's up?" 

"Nothing much. I just can't sleep.", He tells me and down at his feet, hesitating for a moment. "Can we talk or are you too sleepy?", He turns to look at me with a silent plead in his eyes. Just ignore him and go back to sleep or you will be dead tired by the time we arrive, a voice in my mind tells me but despite the exhaustion, my mouth speaks otherwise, "Nah. Let's talk."

"So how have you been? It's been a long time since we last saw each other.", He tells me as he plays with his fingers. 

"I've been doing great. How about you?", I tell him as I seat upright. There's a moment of silence as he contemplates his answer. My heart begins to race inside my chest as I know what he is thinking right now. I look at him, investigating his expression quietly. He looks somber and depressed. And my heart aches when I realize that it's because of me. 

Finally, he turns to look at me with a serious expression. "Why haven't you contacted me all this time? Do you know how worried I was?", He sounds bitter and slightly angry. I look into his eyes and then proceed to look at our surroundings. If we were going to talk about "this", I wanted to make sure that there is no one to listen to us. It seems that most of the passengers are sleeping peacefully, including our crew. It doesn't suprise me considering that it's past midnight and we are going straight to sightseeing, without getting to sleep before. 

"Well, you also haven't tried to contact me, have you?", I decide to take a different approach as I am curious of what he has to say. "Well, you seemed distant at the concert! I was afraid you were mad at me!", He beams loudly, making me put a hand on top of his mouth to silence him. "Shh!", I shush him with a finger against my mouth, getting him to nod quickly.

"So, why haven't you tried to contact me? Were you really mad at me? Did I do something wrong?", He continues to ask me as soon as I free him from my hand, but this time his voice comes out in a very demanding whisper.

"Mad at you? Of course not. I have just been busy lately.", I tell him half of the truth, leaving out the part of giving myself time to think. "Busy doing what?! Going out with Fame?!", He suddenly tells me bitterly, taking me a little aback with the  mention of Fame's name. What? Why is he bringing Fame up now? I ask myself as I stare at him puzzled. But then, it hits me. White has been jealous of Fame all this time! That is the reason why he is been ultra clingy to me lately! At my realization, I find myself laughing silently. 

"What's so funny? Why are you laughing?!", He furrows his eyebrows and tries to search for my eyes. "I'm sorry! It's just that it's funny!", I mutter the words through my hands, who are desperately trying to hush my laughter. "Am I funny to you?! Don't laugh at me!", He crosses his arms on his chest, and furrows his eyebrows.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself! You were just being too cute right now! Forgive me please!", I apologize to him but he looks away from me, acting offended. "Heeeey~ Don't be like this! I'm sorry! Please forgive me! Please please please!", I apologize repeatedly while clinging to his arm childishly, "Pleeeasee!"

He turns his head to look at me with a glare while I flutter my eyelashes and try to look cute. I imitate the expressions that girls would normally use in hopes of making him smile. "Please! Please! I know you want to! Please~!", I insist with a whiny tone of voice, while poking his cheeks. At this moment, I remind myself of Noh and feel a warm feeling spread in my chest at the memory. I am Noh. And this is my angry bear Phun. And although our story might not turn out to be as simple as theirs, we can at least try to change the views of others. 

I continue poking his cheeks until I caught a small smile breaking  through his lips. "See! You are smiling!", I say while pointing at his lips, which he quickly turns to hide by looking away. "Comeee on! I know you are smiling! Stop hiding!", I tell him as I try to search for his face. "Okay, you win!", After a while, he turns to look at me with a big grin. 

After celebrating my victory, I allow my head to fall against his shoulder and my arm to remain tied to his arm. We fall inside another comfortable silence and suddenly, everything seems just perfect. I can hear his easy breathing and feel his fingers run circles against my palm. I notice that unlike before, White isn't tense with our closeness. Instead, he is allowing his body to relax and melt into mine. I feel him rest his head on top of mine and realize once again that something has changed. White's feelings for me have changed and this is my chance to take the next step. I won't come back home without any progress done. It doesn't matter if we are still friends, as long as I know what I mean to him. I want to hear him say it. I want to at least get to hear that he loves me once. That would be enough to satisfy me. Even if he doesn't accept me in his life as something more than a friend, even if nothing changes, to hear him say that I am not the only who feels this way is enough to make me happy. Yeah. It is enough to make me happy.

"White..", I pronounce his name softly, and hear him hum in respond. 

"I want you to know that there is nothing between Fame and I. We are just close friends. He is been there for me when I most needed someone. But the way I feel about him can never compare to what I feel for you. Because what I feel for him is just friendship and with you.. well, you know what I feel about you.", I tell him as I cautiously grab his hand and give it a light squeeze. I am really hanging by a thread right now. I'm basically opening my heart to him again. If my predictions are wrong and he doesn't love me, it would be my doom. If he rejects me, I don't know if I will be able to trust someone and myself ever again. 

.......

There's a suffocating silence as he digests my words. I'm scared to speak or even move. I'm scared to look into his eyes and find rejection. I'm scared that this is a huge misunderstanding! But what scares me the most is to get my hopes crushed again. Jesus christ, Captain! Didnt you say you wouldnt get your hopes high again!? Then why are you in this situation again!? You are a huge idiot! 

I press my eyes tightly together as I wait for him to break my heart again. I can feel my hands trembling as I hold to his hand. I am glad that I am currently in a seating position, otherwise my limbs would've given up on me a long time ago. Calm down, Captain! Everything will be okay! He is just taking his sweet time on answering, that's all! I tell myself as I try to ease the fear that is overflowing. 

Suddenly, as I am expecting his rejection, I feel a pair of soft lips pressing against my forehead. They stay pressed against my forehead for a few seconds, easing my wounded heart and giving me warmth. And as they leave, they take away the fear with them and leave me with an inmense peace. Although no words are pronounced, that simple actions speak a thousand things. It assures me that everything is okay. That I should stop feeling so ashamed of my feelings. That these feelings have gained acceptance. And that he isnt planning to hurt me again. 

And as I understand this, my body relaxes and my heart slows down to a steady rhythm. 

 

[White's Point Of View]

 

Currently, my mind, my heart, and my attention are now fixated to this very person next to me. I stare at his sleeping face as he slowly drifts to dreamland. I can't remove my eyes from looking at his lovable face. It is as if I am under his spell as I continue to gaze at his face. His long eyelashes, smooth skin, rounded nose and full pink lips are very captivating. 

My heart is still clinging to his previous confession. He just gave me the confirmation that I so much needed. There's nothing going on between him and Fame and most importantly, he still loves me. If he still loves me, then there's nothing to worry about. Because if he still loves me, then I still have a chance. What do you mean there's nothing to worry about!? Youre about to confess to another boy?! How is that not worrisome?! A voice inside my head reminds me again just like a moment ago. When Captain told me these things, I wanted to confess to him. But then I heard this voice inside my head and felt a knot form in my throat.

As I snuggle closer to him, I can hear his evenly breathing pattern combining with my heart thumping sound. This view is making my face hot and I am swallowing my saliva hard. Everything about him is so beautiful and I can’t keep my eyes from him. I can feel my heart beat increasing as I continue to admire this beautiful creature beside me. There are mixtures of feelings inside me. Happiness, but there’s also fear. Releasing a heavy sigh, I continue to stare at the person who has affected me so much. White, will you be brave enough to admit your feelings to him? Would you be able to accept the consequences of your actions? And most importantly, are you ready to face whatever will await in the future? My heart is filling with uncertainties but at the same time, an overflowing love that burns so strongly that causes pain. 

Turning my head to the front, I let out yet another heavy deep sigh. The trip has been good so far and the stewardesses keep checking whether we need any helps all through the trip. Right now everyone seems to be in their own world, just like we are in our own world. Our trip will be pack with back to back agenda so I think I should get some rest too so that i can spend a good quality time together with Captain. I don’t want to look exhausted or tired during our trip. It would be best for me to utilize any resting time that I could get all through the trip. Reaching out my hand, I hold Captain’s hand and pull him closer to me. He moves a little before snuggling back towards my body closely. I smile looking at his adorable sleeping face and mutter an "I love you" silently. With that I close my eyes to join Captain in his world of fantasy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guise! Its Aleyda! I know that  I have disappointed all of you by not updating weekly like usual, but I've been going through a lot. First, there's a lot of family problems right now, so the atmosphere is quite tense and second, my ing health been through the ground all this time. My intestines are very ed up. So yeah, Im in pain 7 days of the week. We are trying to get them checked but for some reason, they keep insisting on constipation, which might be the case, but this is already worrying me. I spent all mdinight throwing up and feeling like . (pun not intended) so that sums up everything. 

Actually I had most of Captains part done since uffff but I just didnt have the mood nor energy to finish it. So I hope you enjoy either way~

PS: About the after story, im working on it so it might come out around this week, hopefully unless my tummy here decides to screw me up more