Chapter 0: Prologue

LOVESICK : The Reality

 

[Captain's Point Of View] 

 

"Noh~! Noh~!", I hear two excited voices calling for me in an attempt to get my attention as I make my way through the empty streets of the city. I pass the two faces by without sparing them a glance as the odd feeling of loneliness returns to me, reminding me of what was real and what wasn't. I knew that this was not the treatment tha my lovely fans deserved but with them calling me, "Noh", I was once again reminded that I wasn't as lucky as my character to be loved by "Phun".

My footsteps start to speed up as my heart races within my chest. I am at the border of having another one of "these" attacks and all I want to do is to be swallowed by the earth and disappear. But I knew that if I let it show in my face, my fans would definitely notice that something was wrong and start worrying. And getting them worried was the least thing I wanted to do, specially, when they tended to jump into their own conclusions. I knew that I needed to calm myself down and control these overwhelming emotions that were building up inside before I ended up exploding and making a fool out of myself. But how could I keep them hidden when they were ripping my chest open?

I couldn't remember when was the first time these feelings appeared nor what they were trying to tell me. All I knew was that every time I was reminded of him, an inmense pain enveloped my heart and tears always managed to appear inside of my eyes. I kept telling myself that I was just attached to him after spending nearly two years together and that now that he was no longer with me, it was normal to miss him. But another part of me screamed that this was something else; something deeper. And it honestly scared me to think that it was something else because no matter how strongly I felt about him, these feelings were definitely unrequited. And if they were to come out of their cave, I knew that I would only get hurt. I felt helpless. All I could do was to let time pass and hope for them to subside and stop affecting my life as much as  they did nowadays.

"Caaptaain~! Caaptaain~!", Hearing my name, I am brought out of my trance and back into reality. Stopping in my track and giving out a deep breath, I turned around to greet the two girls that had been following after me. "Can we have a photo with you, please?", Said one of the girls as the other one gave me a shy smile. Looking at me with a broad smile, her eyes sparkled with excitement. At their hopeful eyes, I couldn't say no. I instantly went into my professional mode, allowing myself to interact with my fans. Talking to them, taking pictures with them and listening to their supportive comments. I couldn't let my anxiety impact the relationship I had with my fans. They played an important role in my life. They were the ones that had brought me this far in my career. Without them, I wouldn't be where I was. I couldn't allow myself to lose them too. 

"Where's White, Captain? When will we be able to see the two of you together again? We really miss seeing you and White together. Will there be any chances to see the both of you together again once everything is completely wrapped up?", Suddenly, I am bombarded by questions that involve him and that heavy feeling in my chest returns. Trying to push it aside, I fake a smile to hide my feelings. "One of these days, who knows? We will see. I would also like that too. But nothing can be certain as each of us have our own commitments.", I answer them the best way I can and they nod their head, understanding the situation. After twenty minutes or so, the two girls decide that they should go back home and let me go my own way. Feeling relieved that I would finally get some time to myself, I continue walking through the empty street.

 

After half an hour, I'm finally standing in front of my house. After unlocking the door, I start heading upstairs where my bedroom was. I hear my mother's voice call my name but I ignore it and continue in my path. I knew that my mother had noticed the change in my behaviour. I mean, every one who was close to me had noticed by now. My mother had been one of the fews that had confronted me about it. But I knew that it was better for her not to know ( she wouldn't understand me, even if I told her.) So I would just brush her off every time she brought the subject.

After locking the door to my room, I walk towards my bed and throw myself into its embrace. It felt so good to be in the narrow space of my bedroom; the one I had grown to love lately. It was the only place where I could be myself and break down whenever I felt like it. Since when I become so depressive, I asked myself as I sighed. I stare at the colorless ceiling as I let myself drift away to the day I met White. "White..", I suddenly hear myself calling his name as the memories flow inside of my mind, creating a smile on my lips. It was some days after our audition for Lovesick The Series. Although at that time I didn't know it, that day was one of the happiest days of my life. I can recall it clearly as if it had been just yesterday. I remember the awkward looks we gave each other when we discovered that we were chosen to be the main couple of the show and that weird feeling of curiosity mixed with intimidation that ran through my chest when I saw him for the first time. At the start of our relationship, we didn't really talk that much. We had different interests and a so we were unable to get along well immediately. However, as time passed, we started to discover that we had more things in common than we thought and became very good friends. Friends.. Yeah... Just friends.. That's everything we will ever be..

I felt my heart ache and tears begin to form as realization striked me once again. We were only friends and that was everything we would ever be. Because no matter how much I wished, we weren't Phun and Noh. Phun and Noh were just fictional characters. Fictional characters that I should've left behind long ago. Why was I still clinging to them and wasting my time on this matter?!

"Argh!!", I yell out loud and start to release my frustration on the pillow. "Lovesick is over now.. There is no reason to see him now..", I mutter silently, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. And as I allow myself to cry, I recall the day when I noticed the feelings that had been growing inside of me without me knowing. The day when everything fell apart and my life became what it's now.

The last day of filming.

 

 

[Author's Notes]

Hello, everyone! It's Aleyda here! So we have been thinking a lot about the story and planning a lot in the past days. Haha. We talk to each other every day about it. This chapter was planned to be different and to be posted later on, but we decided to make a prologue instead. Next chapter is where everything finally starts. The story will be told from captain's perspective and white's perspective. Other actors and actresses might appear later on, as well. Anyways, I hope that all of you enjoy~! Please comment and subscribe! It does make us happy :)