The first second time

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present…

 

“And this week’s winner, is f(x)!!!”, the MC announced.

All the f(x) members are speechless. Amber who was holding the microphone cannot seem to say a thing, so Victoria grabbed the mic and said thank you to everyone. She cannot even say it straight because she was so surprised and touched.

 

Luna cannot control her tears and started crying non-stop. Krystal who stands next to her, was wiping her tears and trying hard not to cry. SHINee’s Key went to Luna and hug her, then Krystal hug Luna also.

It has been a difficult year for them as a group. They lost one member, like their sister, and they can’t do anything about it. They have been together for more than 5 years, their teen age life, with each other. They shared laughters and tears, and for a year they thought, they won’t be standing again on the stage as f(x).

 

But here they are, after that one year, they are able to dance and sing in front of their fans, something that they really are passionate about. They miss Sulli, and wish she was with them as they receive their first win with their 4th album. After Victoria did her speech, she went to Krystal and hugged her. It had been a lot worse for Krystal. Victoria knows everything Krystal had gone through. She knows the girl is tough and doesn’t shows her emotion a lot on screen, but seeing her cry and break down now, it sank on her, all the poor girl’s sacrifices. Victoria is also trying hard to control her tears, as she’s the eldest and the leader, she shouldn’t start crying or she won’t be able to stop.

 

The rest of the SHINee members are watching in the living room of the hotel. They cheered loudly after f(x)’s name was called, but became silent when they saw Luna crying. Krystal’s face is focused by the camera, and everyone can see how hard she tries not to cry, but tears escape her eyes. Minho’s heart feels like it’s about to burst.

 

I can’t watch it, and immediately went out of the room to get some fresh air.

He took out his phone, and just stares at the picture. It is a picture of him and Krystal, he was wearing a tuxedo and Krystal is wearing a black dress. They are smiling and looking at each other. It was Eun Hyuk who took that picture of them. They were shooting a program for idols and that was held in Thailand.

 

Flashback…

 

Minho and Krystal became really close after that dream team competition. Minho would always text Krystal asking her how she is. How f(x) had been doing, things like that. Krystal is so grateful to her SHINee oppas, not just her, but the rest of f(x) members as well are grateful to SHINee. They always look after them, promote them when they can, in their sns and in their shows. When she had her hosting stint, Minho and Key oppa woud give her tips in hosting. Everyone can see the special bond that they have. Even fans have a name for them f(SHINee), combination of both their group names. During SM town endings, they would joke with one another, ran after each other and make fun with each other.

 

After Krystal setting the new record, she had been well known as good in sports. Some fans would pair her with Minho with the fandom name called Minstal, because both are good in sports. She had once seen an edited video with her and Minho in their Dream team episode, and she can’t help but feel awkward seeing how many times Minho held her hands and hugged her. It’s not the awkwardness of being uncomfortable about it, but somehow with the thought of being with Minho, she liked it but she doesn’t need it. She also watched fancam during the Athletics competition, and how Minho seemed to separate her from the rest of the guy idols. But the truth was that Minho was just giving him advice for her running. Minho pats her head, a gesture she’s already used to, and fans think about it romantically.

 

Minho oppa thinks of me as her doensaeng, she said, she’s happy that Minho is really treating her nicely.

But she didn’t watch anymore of Minstal videos after that.

 

“Minho”, Key called Minho’s attention. They are inside the dorm, and Minho just finished putting on his shirt.

“Won’t you watch the show? Yuri will be on it”, he added.

Ah, that’s right. I forgot about it, Minho suddenly remembered.

“Aniya. I will be going to Soo Jung’s practice for the high jump”, he replied.

“I see. Wish Soo Jung good luck, from me”, Key said.

 

Minho arrived on the training building for the high jump. He was watching secretly at the back, as Krystal tried a couple of times over the hurdle. He can see how determined she is, how much she listens to the coach and followed his voice. She is already sweating a lot, and Minho came in to give her a  towel, but before he could come closer, Krystal failed again on her attempts. He could see the frustration on her face.

 

It’s like seeing himself. He totally knows how it feels to be working with your all and still the outcome is the same. He knows the feeling of asking yourself a couple of times “Why can’t I do it?”, and even sometimes losing the confidence and saying “Can I even do it?”.

 

The trainer saw Krystal already crying, and feels sympathy for her.

She’s not even feeling well, but still continues with the training. She’s not even a real athlete, unlike my other trainees who have been training for this. She’s the youngest of all the female competitors but she’s one of the most hardworking.

“Okey, let’s take a break”, he told Krystal.

Krystal continued to cry as she went to the bench, and she was surprise to see Minho waiting for her.

“Oppa”, and she wiped her tears.

Minho came closer and wrapped her in his arms. Krystal continued to cry.

“Why can’t I do it?”, she asked. Minho’s heart seemed like its crushing. When someone sees this girl working this hard, and crying like this, means that she’s really having a hard time, you just want to comfort her.

“Gwaenchana”, Minho taps her back, after some minutes, Krystal calmed down and stopped crying.

“I look like a mess”, she said as she wipes her face with the towel Minho gave her.

“You even made my shirt wet, and you cry like this”, then Minho makes a face. Krystal laughs and hits Minho.

“Aniya oppa. I did not”, she is smiling right now.

“KKeunde, when you feel pressured by others, and by yourself, just take a deep breath and close your eyes. Think of the things that makes you happy and things you have done”, he said.

“One of things I believe in is that ‘Miracle is another word for hard work’”, Minho added and looked Krystal in the eyes.

Krystal nodded. Miracle is another word for hard work, she repeated.

I have been working hard for this, I will be able to set the new record, she said to herself.

 

Krystal can’t believe she just cried out to Minho.

Aissh, I’m so embarrassed! Now, I like him even more. She told Jessica how Minho comforted her and she likes him more.

“You’re still young. You can like him, but don’t like him that much. I don’t want you to get hurt”, Jessica hug her sister

“Ara?”.

“Neh, eonnie. Saranghaeyo”, and Krystal made some aegyo. Jessica laughs. But on the back of her mind, she thinks that Minho is just looking out for her sister, like a brother to a sister. And as far as she knows, Minho has a crush on Yuri.

My sister is still young, so it’s just normal for her to have  a crush on someone.

Jessica remembers the code name she gave to her first crush: aircon. She just smile at the thought of it. How much she waited for him, and is waiting until now.

 

The day of the High Jump Competition.

Krystal was so nervous, but she was so glad Minho was there. Everyone kept teasing her and Minho, but she just laughs it off. She knows Minho treats her as a younger sister and nothing more.

But when the MC commented about Minho and Krystal having like a brother and sister relationship,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter