Decision

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho entered his room. He just came home after driving Krystal back to her house.

He took out the box from his pocket and opened it. He just stares at the ring.

He goes to the bedside table and sees the picture of him and Krystal. The one during his graduation. Krystal came to congratulate him, and on the picture, Krystal wears his graduation hat.  

He looks around his room. A picture of his favorite soccer player with an autograph is hanging on one side of the wall and it's Krystal who gave it to him. On another side of the wall is Michael Jordan's very own jersey, his favorite basketball player, and it's given by Krystal also. He's just amaze how she managed to get these stuff for him. 

A huge portrait of Minho's family hang above his headboard wall, and it's also a gift from her. His room is a museum of things that reminds him of her. This is where he finds solace and peace. But right now, he just feels very tired, like his life energy got drained, as if his heart is taken out from his body and his mind just floats around. 

Minho slumped on the bed. He closed his eyes and tears starts to fall down his face. 

Come back to me please, he said as he silently cries.

 

Krystal went back to America. Her heart is heavy knowing that she just hurt Minho again. She is looking at her phone and Minho's number is on the screen.

Did I made the right decision?, she ask herself while debating whether to call him. She close the screen but after a few seconds , she searched again for Minho's number and called him. She pressed the cancel key before it rings.

I have to know myself more, so I could be ready and fully accept your marriage proposal, oppa, Krystal thought to herself as she placed her phone down.

She looks at the two things in her hand, the polaris necklace and the engagement ring. 

Back at the airport, she didn't expect Minho to be there. But he stayed with her until it's time for her to leave. She opened the door of the car, but Minho stopped her and hold her hand. He didn't say anything but handed her the ring. Krystal looks at the ring in her hand. 

Minho smiled and did the buing buing. Krystal laughed seeing him. How she loves this man.

Minho looked at her and hug her suddenly, and Krystal stopped laughing and savor the moment. 

"Ka (Go)", Minho whispered, but still hugging her. 

"I will come back", Krystal said and touched his face. She left and while she's on the airplane, she can't stop her tears from falling.

 

All alone in her Hollywood place, looking at the necklace and the ring, and on the screensaver of her phone is a photo of her and Minho.

I made the right decision, she told herself, but her tears fell as she convinced herself. 

 

A month passed and the filming for Krystal's movie has ended.  Minho is doing the same routine, concerts, photoshoot, filming, recordings, rehearsals. Traveling countries to countries like it's just a neighboring town. He didn't told Krystal but he already has a date for the enlistment. 

 I don't want you to wait for me anymore, Minho said while looking at Krystal's picture on his phone. He keeps on telling himself that Krystal needs to get a life and not just wait for him while he is on military duty. 

After Krystal's filming, she occupied herself with the things that interests her. She attended a cooking class. She finished a short fashion designing course, one her eonnie suggested to her. She went alone and travelled to Egypt and visited the Great Pyramids. Things she had always wish to do before and places she would love to visit, she made time to fulfill those. She went to France, was mesmerized by the Eiffel tower and got fascinated with arts at the Louvre museum. She went back to Hollywood and voluntereed on one of the orphanage.

"Krystal", Agnes, one of the volunteers in the orphanage called her and handed her the baby. Krystal looks at the tiny infant in her arms and smiles when the baby stopped crying and continued to sleep.

"Krystal", Phern, another volunteer on that orphanage called her and asked her to mix milks for the babies. She quickly made her way to get the milk for the children.

"Krystal", Rovie, her friend ans the one who invites her to volunteer, called her and asked her to look after the toddlers in the playing area.

"I was called by the director, can you please look for them?", Rovie said and Krystal smiles and nods.

"Go ahead, I'll take care of them", Krystal replied.

"Krystal", Neria another volunteer asked her help in changing diapers for the babies.  It is such a heartwarming scene to see the princess who had been served all her life, is becoming a real princess who serves others.

Krystal returns to her house in the evening and r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter