Higher than Fate

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal listens as the lone survivor of that accident recounts his story of how he survived. Krystal's tears fell.

She looks at him and wonders what Minho must have gone through. 

Wearing her black clothes, she sat together with her parents. Mrs. Jung hands her a handkerchief and touched her shoulders. 

"I didn't know how I survived. I was barely holding unto life when sergeant pulled me and saved me. I was already semi consciousness and I could hear him trying to wake me up", Krystal hears the story of the survivor. 

"I was found by some fishing vessel and they saved me, but sergeant and the rest of my platoon...", he continued and Krystal couldn't bare to listen anymore. 

"To the family and loved ones, please accept my sincerest condolences. I will forever remember my comrades for the love they have for their family and country". he said as flag were handed out to the family members.

 Guns were fired and the military men who died were laid to their final resting place.

 

It has been years, but Krystal still continues to visit the military cemetery every anniversary of that accident. She placed flowers on each of the graves and says her prayers and through out the years, she kept in contact with the family members of each one of them.

"Rest in peace. Your loved ones are well and safe and we remember you all", she said, then she left after a couple of minutes.

Krystal is now a mother of twins, a boy and a girl and is now happily married.  After that accident, she appreciates life more and fulfilled her promise to stay happy.

We never know what life has to offer us. Sometimes, we don't know what we had unless it's already gone. Every single thing, person and events that come our way, we should learn to appreciate and value.

Krystal goes to the recording studio. She and Jessica has their talk show and it's been going on for almost two years now. All their experiences even the bad ones, have been their teachers as they learned lessons in life. They interview celebrities and non-celebrities, known persona and even the simple life of ordinary people. As they encounter different persons in lives, we get to know their story and gain inspiration and wisdom from them.

The filming ends, and the two sister still can't get enough of each other as they continued to chat while eating their lunch. Jessica has to go to B&E office and Krystal has to go home. Even if they continued with their work in the entertainment industry, they made sure that family is still their priority. Jessica has three kids already and she and Donghae are planning to add one more, to make it to four children.

"Aren't three children already a handful eonnie?", Krystal asked.

"I have my hands with two, and I can't imagine how you are handling three already", Krystal added. Jessica smiles.

"You'll know it once you have your third child", Jessica added and looking at her sister's belly who is pregnant with her third child.

"Baby, be good to mama okey", Krystal said, touching her belly.

"I'm relieved because you have your husband. I don't worry a lot about you anymore unlike when you were still single", Jessica said and Krystal smiles.

"I am blessed. I'm also feeling the same way that you have Donghae oppa as your husband. You've been married for almost ten years and he really makes you happy", Krystal said. Jessica nods.

"Kurei (Right)! Ten years and he still makes surprises", Jessica laughs. If there's any couple that Krystal gets inspiration from, it's Jessica and Donghae, and of course her parents Mr. and Mrs. Jung.

"Kkeunde, don't you worry for your husband while he's playing soccer?", Jessica asked.

"That's what he loves to do, and makes him happy", Krystal said. Jessica nods.

If we worry about accidents and such, and that would stop us from doing what we love, are we even living? That's why even if she worries during games, she continues to support her husband.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter