One Year Later

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Choi waited for Minho. Krystal called him and told him what happened.

Minho came in through the door.

"Son", Mr. Choi called him.

" I'm going up, appa", Minho said.

"Come here", Mr. Choi called him over to the dining area. Minho obliged to come.

Mr. Choi could see how Minho had been crying. His eyes are red and puffy. He poured his son a glass of soju.

Minho sat next to him, and Mr. Choi pats his back. Minho bowed his head and Mr. Choi heard him sobbing.

"It hurts so much, appa", Minho said in between sobs. He is still holding the necklace Krystal gave back to him.

"Why?!", Minho's tears continues to fall. 

Everything between us was so perfect, why do you have to do this Soo Jung? He continues to ask himself questions which has no answer.

 

 

It has been a year since they broke up.

After her drama with Rain, Krystal focused on her studies. Also for a year, Minho didn't get in touch with Krystal. He kept himself busy so as not to think about her. When they are in Smtown, he avoids every possible way to see her. It helps that Krystal isn't present during the ending. Though the backstage isn't that big of a space, Minho and Krystal did not see each other.

Minho thought he is already fine, so he called Krystal to congratulate them for their comeback. He still keeps the screensaver of him and Krystal on his phone, though.

But when he hears her voice, it seemed that everything was just yesterday and not a year has passed. When he heard her voice everything came back: the memories.. the feeling.. the happiness.. and the sadness.

"Yeoboseyo", he heard Krystal's sweet voice. It took a few seconds for him to reply.

I miss you so much, he wanted to blurt it out but held himself. He was only able to say congratulations.

After a year, I'm still the same, he realized.

 

Seeing Krystal cry for their first win for 4 walls, Minho felt so much pain like being stabbed in the heart.

What must you have been through, Soojungie?, he asked himself while caressing the pendant.

My Polaris, my night star, he thought but then shakes his head.  

You've forgotten Minho, she's not your Polaris anymore, he sadly corrected himself.

After a year, he still kept the things Krystal gave him. He did not throw a thing out but just hid those out of his sight, for him to forget, but he always keeps with him the necklace.

 

During the Mcore show, f(x) performed their 4 walls track and it's also Minho's last day as an emcee. After the filming he went backstage and saw Krystal who is busy with her phone and didn't see the big metal box coming her way. Minho ran to her and move her away from danger.

His arms around her, they are so close and not one centimeter apart. He could smell her hair and feel the softness of her skin. He could hear his own heart beating wildly, and not just his but her heart as well. They stayed that way for a couple of seconds.

Can we stay longer like this?, Minho pleaded with himself.

The staff spoke and apologized, waking the two. Krystal placed a distance between her and Minho.

It is the first time since the last time they've talked face to face. Minho can't help but stare at her. Krystal bowed her head and can't seem to meet his eyes.

"Thank you oppa", she said and turned her back. Minho ran after her and caught her hand. 

After a year, I still do love you, Minho realized. He can't seem to let her go, even if it's already been one year later. With Krystal's response, he knows she also feels the same way too.

Krystal stopped and look at their linked hands.

Oppa, don't do this, tears start to moist her eyes.

"Soo Jungie", she heard the longing in his voice. He is pleading with her, asking her for the two of them. She missed his voice. How he calls her name, how he held her hand. She miss how he would give her encouragement, and how he would always makes her smile. She miss the minstal that they cannot be right now. 

After their conversation last year, Minho let her go, or that was what Krystal thought. She sees him moving on with his li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter