Come back!

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of our defense mechanism is that the body will shut down after receiving such stress. One would wake up on her own once she's ready to face the reality. And now Krystal is ready to it.

She continuously blinks her eyes to adjust from the lights and after a few seconds, tears start to fall on her face. Mrs. Jung saw that she's woken up. She immediately came to her and hug her.

"My baby", Mrs. Jung carress her face and wiped her tears. Krystal hugs back her mom.

"What happened to oppa?", Krystal said while sobbing. She dried her tears listening to her mom. Minho and his platoon was sent to a town devastated by the typhoon. But they never get to arrive there. On the way, the tire of their military vehicle burst, and because of the strong rain and slippery road, the vehicle went skidding and fell off the cliff. Search and rescue operation has been done but it was halted because of the bad weather. 

Krystal hearing that the rescue operation has stopped temporarily, she cried again. What if Minho needed help right away? What if he's wounded somewhere and needs immediate medical attention? What if he's hanging unto life and if it might be too late? Krystal has been thinking a lot of things.

"Dear, don't think negatively", Mrs. Jung tries to calm her down. Krystal nods. 

"Be strong and let's pray for the best", Mrs. Jung added and hugs her daughter again. 

I know how you love Minho, darling. We can only hope and pray. Be strong, we are here for you, Mrs. Jung said to herself as she wrap  her arms around Krystal.

After regaining her consciousness, Krystal asked her parents that they should visit Minho's parents. Krystal is still looking pale, but she insisted and wants to see them right away. Her parents wants her to rest first but Krystal is persistent.

 

Mrs. Choi walks towards Krystal the moment she saw her and hugs her right away. She had just dried her tears and she is crying again upon seeing Krystal. Krystal pulls herself together and told herself not to cry infront of Minho's parents especially his mom. She hugs back Mrs. Choi in a tight embrace. 

"My son. He..", Mrs. Choi cries out. Krystal bit her lips so she won't cry. Mr. Choi came forward and pat his wife's back.

"Yeobo, kkeuman", he said gently.

"Oppa will come back. They will find him", Krystal said. 

They need to find him, Krystal convinced herself that Minho is safe somewhere. 

Mrs. Choi hasn't been eating since the news of Minho's accident. Krystal made a soup for her and asked her to eat. Mr. Choi had been asking her to eat, but he can't convince her. 

 

Krystal sat beside Minho's mother. She coax her to eat even just some spoonful of foods.

"Auntie, please eat. We don't want you to get sick", Krystal said. Mrs. Choi nods and gulp a spoonful of the soup. She looks at Krystal and touched her hair.

"Minho was so happy when you both got engaged", she said.

"Before he proposed to you, he asked me not give you a difficult time and to treat you like my daughter", Mrs. Choi continued. Krystal remembered how she hurt Minho that time she declined his proposal. She bites the inside of her cheeks so as not to cry, until it almost bleeds. And how happy Minho was when she finally accepted it and she was the one who proposed to him. The moments with him are just so beautiful  She is really scared for what happens to Minho.

"With his last call to me, he can't wait to be discharged from the military", Mrs. Choi just stares at the food. She looks at Krystal again.

"and asked me to take care of you", Mrs. Choi sobs. Krystal immediately hugs her. Tears fall on her beautiful face, but she just wipes it away and not letting Minho's mother hear her cry.

"My precious son", Mrs. Choi cries louder. The bond of a mother and her child is the strongest bond there could ever be.  A mother would sacrifice her life for her child, if given the choice to decide, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter