Signs

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal receives her award as Newcomer Singer of the year, together with Luna who receives the Singer of the Year Award. Amber came to the ceremony to cheer on them, and Sulli came with her as she was nominated as Actress of the year. After the ceremony, they decided to spend time together and celebrate.

"Eonnie's wedding is coming up", Luna said as they are dining at a restaurant.

"Kkuk (definitely) all of us should be there", Amber said.

"I already cleared up my schedule", Sulli chimed in.

"I have tickets already", Krystal said smiling. They all looked at her.

"Chinja! I already bought tickets for all of us", she said. 

"But you need to reimburse me with the ticket fare", she added and laughed.

"You're the best Soo Jungah", replied Amber.

"Thank you!", Sulli said and hugs her.

"Aniya. It's not for free", Krystal repeated. Luna laughs.

"Komawo (thank you)", Luna said and kissed Krystal on the cheek.

"Aniya! It's not free!", Krystal repeats again and shakes her head. Everyone laughs. Through the years their friendship has gotten stronger. What they have been through in the past, only them can understand and no one else can.

 

Krystal came home and is greeted by her parents. They have been watching the television. Worry is seen on their faces. Krystal looks at the news.

The South-North Korean border is on heightened alert, Krystal reads the caption.

"The military and security forces of the government is being placed on maximum security as the situation on the border heats up", the news broadcaster said. Krystal's face turned white. Mrs. Jung pats Krystal back and Krystal hugs her. She feels so scared. No war is ever good. Though some would claim it would be for good, along the way, there would surely be casualties, human life in danger.

Minho oppa, she said to herself and silently said a prayer for safety.

The week has been filled with anxiety as the news on an impending war has been circulating. Despite this troublesome news, the entertainment industry did its best to lessen the fright of the citizens. Filming goes on, singers continue to release albums, dancers rocks the dance stage, idols performs their best on stage. 

Minho looks at Krystal's face. They are getting ready inside their room and waits for instructions before getting transferred to station near the border.

Soo Jungie, Minho caress Krystal's face on the photo. 

Oettokke?, he asked himself. There isn't anytime that he feels as scared as right now. It would have been a few months more before his release, but with what's happening, his military duty could be extended. 

I just want to be with you and live our life together, Minho said to himself. He took Krystal's photo with him and placed it in his pocket. The sergeant came in and everyone stands infront of their bed and did a salute.

"With courage, let us protect our country and secure the safety of our family", the sergeant said.

"Neh, sergeant", replied everyone.

Krystal visit Jessica at their home. She is pregnant with her second child and is advised by the doctor for a bedrest.

"Eonnie", Krystal peeps in through the door to her older sister's room. Jessica's face lit up seeing her doensaeng (younger sister).

"Soo Jungah", Jessica said. Krystal came to her and they hug each other tightly. Without saying anything, she knows Krystal is very much worried. Krystal placed the bouquet of flowers on the bedside table.

Jessica's second pregnancy is delicate and she had been on bedrest for 2 weeks already and had been bored to death. She is glad Krystal visited her but with the clouds hanging over their heads with the impending war, she is sad to see her younger sister. 

"How are you?", Krystal asked Jessica.

"How are you?", Jessica asked and holds Krystal's hands. Krystal breathes deeply.

"I'm so worried for Minho", Krystal said. She received his call yesterday that he will be transferred near the border.

"Eonnie, I'm so scared", Krystal said and her beautiful face couldn't hide how frightened she is. Jessica comforts her younger sister and they prayed for Minho's safety. Krystal is doing her best to be strong and to hope for the best.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter