Giving it my best

Kismet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear diary, it’s our comeback stage today! I am so excited! We all worked so hard for this. After what happened last year, I am so happy we get to perform again. Wish us luck!­­­­­­­­­­­­­

 

Krystal closed her diary and gets ready to prepare herself. Her real name is Jung Soo Jung, the maknae of F(x), a famous Korean group that had been in the entertainment industry for 6 years already. Their group is being loved for uniqueness in music and fashion style.

 

“Soo Jung-ah”, her mom came into her room to check on her.

“Aren’t you coming out yet? We’re waiting for you at the dining table”, her mom added.

“Coming”, Krystal replied, who was still in the bathroom fixing herself.

 

“Good morning mom, dad”, as Krystal gave a kiss to her parents.

“Here, eat this”, as her mom handed her favourite food, ddeukbokgi!

“Jal meokgesseumnida!”, everyone said.

Her father cracking a joke, which isn’t really that funny, but nonetheless makes them laugh.

This is one of the things she loves the most. Probably she loves the most, her family. Next is the food.

“I will do my best in our comeback, eomma, appa”, Krystal said, as she finished eating.

“We know my dear. How hard you’ve  been working all these years. We are so proud of you”, her father said. Her mom went to her and gave her a hug.

“We will always support you. We love you so much, always remember that”, her mom said.

Krystal smiled, and stood up.

“I will leave now. Watch our show later”, and kissed her parents again and left.

She came back up to the door and shouted “Love you both!”, then left.

 

Mrs. Jung couldn’t help but smile. She always feels so grateful for having such two wonderful daughters. The eldest daughter, Soo Yeon, famously known as Jessica and a former member of SNSD, Korea’s National Girl Group, now has her own fashion business. How she felt bad seeing her daughter cry after being ousted, she is now happy to see Jessica seemed so at peace and happy with her business.

 

Mr. Jung took his cellphone and dialled Jessica’s number. She’s currently in China, the main headquarters for her business B&E.

“Oh, appa”, Jessica spoke on the other line.

“Pogo shipta, eori dal”, Mr. Jung said.

“I miss you, too, appa”, the eldest daughter replied.

“Are you busy right now?”, her father asked.

“A bit”, she replied, as she is reading some reports for the progress of their new designs for sunglasses.

“Today is Soo Jung’s comeback, just reminding you, or she might feel sad if you miss it”. Jessica laughed.

“Arasseo appa. I would never miss it for the world”, she replied.

Then her mother took over the call, reminding her of eating healthy, and not to miss meals, to have enough rest, drink lots of water, and the list continues.

 

SooJung just arrived to the F(x) dorm. She’s the only one that’s not boarding, while the rest of the members are staying there. Going up to the dorm, a smile painted on her face as she read the message on her phone.

“Doensaeng, do well on your comeback. We will watch it live”, it is from Jong Hyun Oppa.

Then she stopped on her track, as someone’s name appeared to call her. Her heart beats fast.

“Yeoboseyo”, she answered.

“Soo Jungie”, she heard the very familiar voice, deep, masculine, yet gentle.

“Neh, oppa”, she replied, then a few seconds of silence on the other line.

“Neh. I- uhm.. I wish you good luck on your comeback”, then she heard him took a deep breath.

“Neh. Kamsahamnida oppa”, she replied, and they ended the call.

“Aish”, he was frustrated.

Pogo shipeo, Soo Jungie, that was what he wants to say but wasn’t able to say it.

After the call ended, Krystal closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. She is blushing and her heart still beats very fast.

Andwe, and she shakes her head to clear her thoughts.

“Let’s do well today. Fighting!”, she said.

 

It is so loud when Krystal opened the door.

“What’s the fuss about?”, Krystal asked.

“Wahhhh”, Sulli shouted from behind the door, surprising Krystal.

“Sulli-yah!”, Krystal ran to her and hug her.

Sulli was on hiatus last year, and just a few months ago, has been declared by SMEnt that she was out of the group.

“I miss you so much”, Krystal hugged her tight. Being both maknaes, they fight like cats and dogs but they really do love each other.

“Me too”, Sulli replied and hugged Krystal tighter.

It is a happy morning for all the f(x) members as they celebrate their get-together as 5-members. Last year, Victoria eonnie, the eldest and the leader of the group, tried to convince the company to let Sulli stay, but Sulli accepted the company’s decision whole-heartedly, for the sake of the members.

They left the dorm all excited and eager to do their first comeback stage.

 

4 Walls, their album title and main track, hit it big. Lot of fans waited for their comeback and supporting them, not just in Korea but also internationally. During their comeback stage, the audience was almost filled with periwinkle-coloured lights, that shows how much fans anticipated them. The fanchant cannot be underrated. F(x) comeback is a hit! From number of albums sold to different music charts, they are on top. The members are very grateful for the support of the fans, and they really feel their love.

 

After their successful comeback stage, they gathered together in the dorm with their manager oppas who treated them with delicious food on the table.

“Oppa, JJang!”, as Amber hug their managers and ran to the table.

“Kamsahamnida oppa”, Victoria also hug the manager oppas who smiled at their ‘kids’.

“Oppa, you really are the best”, Luna said and gave high five to the managers.

“Thank you oppa”,Krystal smiled widely showing her aegyo to their managers.

“See, it was a great idea to give them food rather than bouquet of flowers”, one of the oppa said.

“We know how much they love food”, replied the other, as they went in to join the group.

 

That night, before going to bed, Krystal received a call from her eonnie.

“Eonnie”, Jessica clearly hears the excitement on her younger sister’s voice.

“Chukhahae on your comeback”, Jessica smiled proudly.

“Neh. Pogo Shipta eonnie”, Jessica likes it a lot hearing Krystal with that voice.

“Na do”, Jessica replied. Krystal told her eonnie about their comeback. She’s so happy that she gets to be together with her f(x) members. To her, they are not just a group, but  they are a family. Victoria , Luna and Amber eonnies really take care of her. Sulli, too. She misses her a lot. She was so sad when Sulli left. And also when Jessica cried out to her when she was removed from snsd, she feels devastated. She seldom sees her eonnie cry, but she’s glad her eonnie goes to her for comfort and a shoulder to cry on when the times need for it.

 

“Eonnie…”, Krystal called out to Jessica. Jessica caught the hesitation in Krystal’s voice.

“Is something bothering you? Or is it someone?”, Jessica probe.

“He called this morning”, Krystal replied.

“I miss him eonnie”, Krystal confided, as she hug the Stitch stuff toy that he gave her.

Jessica understands her sister’s feeling. She too, had been in that situation. Even now, that she’s not a kpop idol anymore and the guy is in the military, they are still chained with the industry. Jessica sighs. She feels hurt and sad for her sister. An idol’s life isn’t easy. What people see are the glamour and fame, but the truth is, it’s full of sacrifices.

“I wanted to see him and talk to him”, tears escaped Krystal’s eyes.

“But I can’t, I shouldn’t”, Krystal sniffs, but stopped crying.

Jessica just continued to listen. She knows words cannot comfort her sister, but someone who listens is what she can be to support her.

 

 

Flashback…

Krystal is so excited for her first MV appearance. She just came in, with the stylist, and they greeted everyone on the set. She was fascinated with the set, different cameras all around, lightings and props. People who are already in costumes, employees running here and there, so this is how an MV set looks like, she told herself.

 

She looked around and she didn’t notice someone coming. They bumped each, had not been for the other person who grabbed her arms, she would definitely fall.

“Choisseunghamnida”, Krystal immediately bowed after she stood ground.

“Are you hurt?” was the voice Krystal heard. She looked up and saw one of the members of SHINee, flaming charisma Choi Minho. Krystal just stared. Her young heart beats fast for the first time that she can remember.

“Are you okey?”, Minho asked again, scrutinizing if she’s hurt anywhere.

Krystal found her composure.

“Neh. Gwaenchanayo. Kamsahamnida”, Krystal bowed one more time, her heart still beating fast.

Aisshh! Why am I like this? Krystal asked herself.

“TTaemida”, then she saw Minho smiled at her. She smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter