Ridiculous (Taehyun)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: See request here!


“I swear it on my life, Nam Taehyun.”

“You won’t take it back?”

“I won’t. I’ll show you how ridiculous you’re being right now.”

Okay, so maybe you’ll take it back. Right now, right this very second- you’d do anything to take your words back.

What you thought would be a pleasant evening out with your boyfriend, whom you haven’t seen for weeks, turns out to be the very day your words came back to bite you, hard.

Good god, lady. Mind you, this is a grocery store?

Taehyun, by some miracle, had bumped into a very close friend right in the middle of your grocery run with him. You knew flirty when you saw it, and this is exactly what it was, almost visibly seeing her finger prints that she left all over your boyfriend. You tried to play it cool, hiding the fact that you were seething behind the laid back exterior you chose to display. But Taehyun knew you inside and out, fully aware that you were anything but cool with it.

A while back, the tables were turned and it was Taehyun that had stood in your current situation- unfortunately for him. Though, he had no problem acting on his feelings, as he gave you the stink eye from across the room. He bombarded your phone with text messages, insisting that it’s time to go back. And when he couldn’t stand it, he would hover where ever you were, sending you death stares when you’d caught him.

He had made such a huge fuss about it, that a fight erupted between the two of you as you got home. You found it unbelievable that he would get this jealous over something so harmless.

“What did you just say?”

“Harmless! You know he’s a long time friend, Tae.”

“Are you serious right now? I was having second thoughts on who your actual date was!”

He admitted that it bothered him so much he wanted to kiss you then, just so the guy would take a hint. The fight droned on, it got to the point where you found it rather hilarious as you ended it with a vow just to prove him how ridiculous it was.

The look in your eyes tells a different story to the smile on your face. She was all giggles and eyelashes, and Taehyun was enjoying himself a little too much as he took this opportunity offered on a golden plate.

“Haewon-ah, this is-”

“His girlfriend.” Your voice sounded too friendly and Taehyun smirks as he confirms your true feelings.

“Hi! Oppa told me a lot about you.”

He better.

“I’ve known Haewon since high school, we were practically stuck to each other.” Taehyun grins, this little was pushing it and he knew it.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” You bow with a faint smile before excusing yourself to weigh the vegetables that your hands gripped. Only to find out that you’ve done it a while ago. The encounter had affected you unexpectedly, never thinking you could actually be jealous because you know exactly how Taehyun feels about you.

You realize then if only you’d consider Taehyun’s jealousy and never insisted that you wouldn’t behave the same way he did, he wouldn’t have let her act that way towards him. He was trying to prove his point after all. And as you walked away the bitterness faded but you couldn’t help the heavy feeling in your chest. 

“There you are.” You turn around to see him with that smile of his, and your heart warms instantly. He peaks at you from the side, his eyebrows drooped the way it does.

Without needing any words to say, he weaves his fingers into yours as he reads the look on your face.

“It’s not so ridiculous now is it?” He chuckles softly as he scoots closer to you.

“You’re mean.”  You mutter, refusing to look at him. Taehyun sees through you, finding you all sorts of adorable as you curl your fingers tightly around his. “You’re enjoying this aren’t you?”

“Just a little bit.” He lets out a silent laugh as he runs his free hand through his parted hair. You’ve never seen him this amused in public before, so happy his eyes disappearing into a smile of their own.

“You’re unbelievable.” Yanking your hands away from him, only to have him snatch it back.

“This is mine.” He whispers, tucking your hands into his pockets as he proceeds to look at the items on his left. “I’m enjoying this much better, just so you know.” Still looking away, and you could feel his thumb tickling your palm underneath the material. You bit your lips, suppressing a smile because he just had his way to wrap you around his fingers, literally.

“Yeah, sure you do.” You scowl and he turns his face to you, eyes wide.

“You don’t believe me?” His voice was quiet as he looks you straight in the eyes. He had that look on his face, and your stomach tightens in an instant.

“As a matter of fact I don’t.” He could see that mischief in your smile, and he just knows you’ve caught on to what he was up to. Taehyun takes the remaining steps to you, knowing that you wouldn’t last. He was so close, he could feel you breathing. You look at him, and he bites back a laugh as he sees the panic rising in your face.

Tae, we’re in public.

“So?”

So, back off?

“You don’t believe me.”

Okay, fine- I do!

He breathes out a chuckle as he gives in, resting his hand at the back of your neck, pulling you in to give your forehead a kiss. Flustered, you grab onto his arms, “Tae-”

“I love you, just you. Okay?”

It wasn’t like him to act this way, and it reminds you of the time he’d confessed how you make him feel so drunk even when he’s sober. How you have the ability to make him do all these things that he never thought of doing.

You gave him a soft nod,

“I know. Me too- only you.”