Distractions (Seungyoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

Scenario: See request here!


“Yoon?”

Seungyoon was no where in sight. You were sure he was sprawled out on the bed, fiddling and groaning occasionally as you ignored him, drowned in a pile of work you needed to catch up on. He had the day off, which surprised you since you had better chances seeing a flying pig rather than your own boyfriend. It had gone unusually quiet, and you realized he’d gone out of the room.

You walked out, only to see his back pressed against the glass door to the balcony of the apartment. His guitar was strapped across his torso and he was strumming to a tune, stopping once in a while as he gave it some thought. A smile crawled across your face, because you know he’s out there making music out of the blue, something that was an escape for him. In this case, escaping the boredom of having to wait for you, it seemed like. Guilty, you tread towards where he was, leaning by the doorway as you stood across him.

His fingers glazed across the strings, plucking, strumming effortlessly. And no matter how many times you’ve witnessed this before, Seungyoon always left you starstruck. He hummed along as he continued to play, paying no attention to you but you didn’t mind, moments like these were hard to pass by.

“I thought you completely forgot about me.” He stopped midway, distracting you from your focus on him.

“I can say the same to you.” You smiled at him, and he frowned, “You’re in your own world when you have that on you.” You tipped your chin, motioning towards his guitar he held so dearly.

“And so were you.” He sulked, and you knew he’d meant whenever you were cooped up with work, just like earlier.

“That’s completely different, Yoon.” You said with a laugh, “Praise the lord if I sound anywhere as amazing as you do when I’m working.”

“Please say you’re done, I hardly saw you the past month.” He furrowed his brows, leaning in to take your hands.

“There’s a bit left, I just-”

“Great, you can do that later.” He grinned, bright eyed and when he looked at you that way, you couldn’t just say no.

Seungyoon stepped forward, taking his guitar off only to fix the straps over you.

“What are you doing?” You blurted as he grabbed your hands, wrapping your fingers gently over the head of the instrument.

“Didn’t you say you wanted to learn?”

You did, but you couldn’t hide your amusement as you recall the conversation a while back.

“Wait- the tutor’s a guy?”

“Yeah, I mean-”

“Forget the refund, I’ll teach you.”

 “Yoon, but you-”

“Can teach you.”

He led you over to the couch, pulling a chair in to sit in front of you. Seungyoon started off with basic chords, thinking that you could easily nail it. Until he asked you to strum it out one by one.

“I’m sorry, your ears are bleeding aren’t they…” You said quietly, you feel the pads of his fingers, calloused, pressed against your skin as he corrected the position of your fingers.  

“I’ll live, don’t worry.” He chuckled, taking a peep at you as he leaned in. It didn’t help how he was nothing but distracting, the way his knees clashed with yours whenever he did so. The way he bit his lip, bobbing his head slowly as you played. Seungyoon had a voice that was classic, and warm whenever he sang along. Yet it didn’t last long as he’d burst out laughing the second you got it wrong.

“I’m hopeless, Seungyoon-ah.” You sighed, pushing the guitar towards him in frustration. “Besides you’re no help.”

“Yah, that’s a bit-” He looked at you in disbelief, slightly offended. There you go with the pouting again.

“You’re very distracting!” You stood up, taking a few steps back as you narrowed your eyes at him accusingly.

“What are you on about?” He scoffed out a laugh, heaving off his seat to follow you.

“Do you really have to look at me that way?”

“What way?” He had that smirk on his face, and you knew he’d caught on to what you had meant. You sly piece of work.

“That.” You threw one arm out, circling a finger to his face looking like he’s pleased with himself. 

“I did no such thing.” Seungyoon put his arms up, clearly amused at how you continued to walk backwards, and he, forward.

“I might just take that class with that tutor-”

“You wouldn’t.”

“I so would.”

“You’d like that wouldn’t you?”

“I’d love it.”

“Come here!” He yelled out. Laughing breathlessly, you sprinted towards the bedroom with him a few steps behind.