For You (Seunghoon)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

5 missed calls.

You sigh quietly as your phone vibrate once again at the notification. Shoving your phone into your bag, you rest your head against the window of the bus, pulling over the hood of your jacket further over your face. It’s been two days that you’ve avoided Seunghoon, refusing to pick up his calls because you needed time to wrap your head around your current situation.

It wasn’t that long ago rumours, or whatever it was, of a dating scandal between your boyfriend and another female artist broke out. You remember how you literally snorted out your morning coffee after reading it, finding it quite humorous. The amusement ended pretty soon when you started getting hate mail, sent to your very address. Sure you a part of you was glad that it wasn’t your pictures published this time, but how were those letters even possible? Horrified that they somehow got a hold of your address.

You recall that night you came from work to a bunch of mail, finding it odd because it was the first time you’ve ever received anything in mass amounts. Your heart dropped as you read those letters, the very phrase Seunghoon deserves someone like her, not you, pathetic . stuck to you the most, but it’s not to say the rest weren’t as equally heartbreaking.

Almost missing your stop, you got off the bus, wincing as the air felt colder than usual. You were pretty much paranoid since the incident, keeping your hooded head low, alert as you scurry yourself quickly towards your apartment. Out of the corner of your eyes, you see a tall figure, lean, who shifted after seeing someone. Your breath hitched realizing that you’re the only one who got off bus, making a run for it towards the main gate.

Someone had grabbed you firmly by your wrist, halting you to an abrupt stop. You feel hands around your waist, avoiding you from falling over. It was your instinct then to yank yourself away, terrified that someone had tried to grab you randomly, this late.

“Get off-” You cry out, but the stranger’s strength overpowered yours and you feel your heart race as you tremble. Pulled towards a wall, your efforts seemed pointless as your knees weakened.

“Hey stop- it’s me.” Your eyes widened as it adjusted to the darkness, and it was Seunghoon who stood there in front of you. He had your back against the wall, one hand on your arm, the other rested on the wall beside your face. His cheeks flushed, telling you that he’d been out here for a while. Eyes frantically searching yours, brows furrowed, he looked nothing but concerned and this hurt you.

“Seunghoon-”

“Why aren’t you answering my-”

“We can’t be-” You grabbed him by the arm, dragging him with you into the building.

 

~

 

“Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?” Seunghoon asks quietly, he looked so lost as you punched the security code into your apartment. “Is it me? Did I do something- I need you to talk to me-” He persisted, asking questions that you left unanswered.

“It’s not you.” You breathe as you pushed past the door, walking straight into the living room, turning around to face him. It’s been days since you’ve seen him, he looked as if he had went back from his schedule still dressed with a leather jacket over a crisp button up.

“I’ve missed you.” He says through hooded eyes, just staring at you still standing by the door. You swallowed the lump in your throat, I’ve missed you too, Seunghoon-ah. 

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.” He says, and you know that he had no clue what he’s apologizing for as he took a few strides towards you. You looked at him, biting your top lip as your eyebrows furrowed which he brushed away with the pad of his thumb. Seunghoon sees your glassy eyes, and the fact that you’re keeping yourself together as you trembled. He wraps his arms around your shoulders, placing his hands behind your head. “What’s wrong…” He whispers, pulling you in. You take in his scent, he’s got on the cologne that you got him and even with a smile on your face, you held back your tears shaking in his embrace.

“Is this about that scandal by any chance…?” His voice seemed heavy with your cheeks pressed against his chest. “It’s all lies, you know that.” Seunghoon rests his chin on top of your head, sighing because he knows you’re crying and it frustrates him not knowing why.

“I know that, Hoon.” You murmur, pulling back to brush your tears away.

“I didn’t hear from you for days, I was worried sick-” He rakes his hair with his fingers, sitting down on the sofa as you pull away.

“I’m sorry, I just-”

“What is this?”

You blink a few times until you realize that he had sat down on the letters that you had left scattered, too shocked to even function after going through them. “No, Hoon-” It was too late to protest as you see his eyes widened as he skims the letter word by word. You knew how it felt to read something like that, and you swore that no one else should have to read this. Snatching the piece of paper away from him, you scramble to gather the rest as you brushed passed him to shove it down the trashcan as far as possible.

Catching your breath, you leaned forward against the kitchen counter, your back facing him. Your hear his footsteps closer, as you stood there motionless.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” His voice soft, stopping by your side.

“I didn’t want to worry you-”

“It kills me that you had to go through that alone.”

You looked at him, through heavy lids and he was looking straight, piercing his gaze to an empty space. His jaw clenched as he took took a deep breath, eyebrows tense as he turned around locking his eyes to yours.

“If only they know who you are.” He expression softens as he gave you a faint smile. “They’re so wrong, I don’t even know where to begin.” He chuckles, still taken aback at what he just read. “You could’ve told me, it bothers me not hearing from you for that long.”

“You’ve been busy and you’ve got-”

“I’ve got you and honestly, if you had told me earlier I would’ve tracked them down myself.” His tone serious. You couldn’t help but scoff out a laugh, because that was never going to happen. “You don’t think so?” He takes your hands in his, and says “Just so you know-”

“For you I would, a thousand times over.”