Home: Part 2 (Mino)

Collection of WINNER Scenarios

You brush your finger tips along the edges of his neck, and in an instant he feels the goosebumps that you left behind. Consumed, he could feel himself physically shaking, trying not to give into you. Minho could sense the yearning in your kisses, as if you had nothing to lose and it pained him to see you this way.  The curve of his lips occupied yours like it had meant to and you melt into his embrace. He cups your face as you let go, your lungs flooding in relief as you rasp for air. The two of you stayed that way, cradling arms and touching foreheads. Minho opens his eyes, only to see yours still shut, your lips parted and he feels your short breaths, warm, simmering on the surface of his lips. 

“Did something happen at work?” You hear him whisper. He sees your eyelids flutter open and you lock your gaze into his. You let out a stifled smile, closing your eyes once again and he knows that it’s just one of those days. He knows you’ve been chasing deadlines on a recent project at work, and he knows how many times he’d cancelled out on you, and how you have the tendency to keep things to yourself not wanting to occupy him more than he already was.

“I’m tired, Minho-ah.” You mutter, leaning back onto the bed as you cross one arm over your eyes. Reading your mind, you feel his weight as he leans in to switch off the lights, turning on the night lamp instead. Minho shifts to wrap the covers over you, and to his surprise you roll further into the middle, making space for him. He smiles at your behaviour, sliding into the comfort of the blanket, lying on his side to face you.

“Sleep.” His voice huskier as he murmurs, pulling up the covers to your chin.

“Minho-ah.”

“Hm?”

“Don’t you think it’s amazing…”

“What is?” He hums quietly, searching your tired face as you pause.

“That in your lifetime, you’ll meet hundreds, countless of people- and aside those closest to you-” You look at him through a half lid glance, and for some reason you feel your chest swell up with emotions. “That you’ll love only one?”

“I think that’s pretty amazing.” His cheekbones pinches his cheeks as he lets out a smile.

“I mean you might even be with someone else not knowing that there’s someone out there truly made for you, still searching.” His smile fades, not knowing where you’re getting at. “But I think I’m lucky.” 

Yeah?”

“I’m pretty sure, that for me, it’s you.” You chuckle softly, but- why am I crying? You feel tears prick your eyes, rolling over the bridge of your nose. “I’m sure I feel happy but something just doesn’t agree.” Minho laughs along with you as he brushes your lids with the pads of his thumb, catching him say I think it’s the alcohol. He wonders if these are what you’ve kept in your mind with all that thinking you do all the damned time, and it’s only when you’re under the influence that you’ve finally let yourself loose.

“Thank you.” You looked at him, amused because really you weren’t so out of it to realize that out of anything he could’ve said after basically declaring your feelings out in the open, he decided to thank you. He laughs quietly at your reaction, “I mean- for going through this all, with me. Even when I had to go through hell and back, you stayed.” He stops, and you see his clenched jaw as he tries to find the right words. “And they say that you should love more than you are loved and I’m terrified that I can’t do that, because even the way you look at me, good god.

 

~

 

The sun light greets you the worst way possible and you swore that it shone brighter than most mornings. Your head throbbed, squeezing your eyes shut, you roll over to bury your face into the pillow, letting out a muffled groan. What the hell is this?

“Good morning.” Your eyes flew open, startled by the sudden greeting, you see your boyfriend propped up on his side. “This is why you shouldn’t drink.” Minho suppresses a laugh at the sight of you. You wonder how he was here in the first place, it was difficult to recall last nights events as your head pulsed. “Does it-”

“Please.” You grab hold of his lips, cutting him off. You feel his palm around your wrist, tugging you away gently. “I probably look like death right now, stop staring like that.” You mutter, one hand through your disheveled hair the other on his face, nudging him away. He gives your palm a light kiss, a smile on his face.

“You’re not so bad.” He says, and you grumble in response. “I’ll get you something-”

“For everyone’s sake, please stay out of the kitchen.” You breathe, recalling the last time he tried to cook. You grab hold of his shirt as he heaves himself off the bed. “It’s okay, Minho-ah. Let me do it.” Standing up, you had to take a few moments trying to remember how to walk whilst gripping his arm for support.

“You can barely-”

“I’m fine.”

“You might want to- you know… cover up.” He clears his throat as you take a few steps away. You turn around to face him, he avoids your gaze as he scratches the bridge of his nose idly. You look down only to realize that you’ve got no pants on. 

“What exactly happened last night?” You gape at him, horrified. Minho bit his lips, fighting a smile because honestly he was clueless with the whole no pants situation. Simply assuming that you had found your jeans too bothersome to sleep in, you must’ve slipped if off in the middle of the night. But chances like these were golden, and he took it gladly-

“I mean- to be honest, I didn’t know you had that in you.” He smiles that smile of his, as he rubs the nape of his neck. You stare at him blatantly, shocked of what to make of yourself.

“You wouldn’t.” Your voice barely a whisper, you feel the heat rising in your face.

“Someone needs to go to church.” Cocking his thick eyebrows, surprised as he reads your expression. “But you were pretty much all over me, not like that’s anything new.” He rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek and out, and you had to steady yourself because- put that thing back in your mouth.

“You wouldn’t.” Repeating yourself, as you launch towards him just for the fact that you needed to grab him out of frustration. He didn’t budge though, still looking at you, clearly amused. “I’m serious.” You squint at him, almost whining.

“Of course, I wouldn’t.” He looks at you, in all seriousness. “But you didn’t make it any easier for me, I’ll tell you that.” He lets out a lopsided smile as he tucks the misplaced strands of hair behind your ears. You looked up at him, guilty for whatever it was because he did look dead tired. “And you said some pretty cheesy stuff, even I couldn’t handle it and you know how I’m basically cheese itself.” He says, scrunching his face at you.

“Ugh.” You cringe at the thought.

“Me too.” He chuckles. “What is it?” He asks after a short while, seeing you stare at him for a little too long.

“Thank you.”

“You have no idea.” He rolls his eyes playfully, and your heart flutters seeing him this bubbly. He calls out your name and you didn’t think it could sound any better, you look his way in response-

“Put some pants on.”