Blackout

The Necklace

[JiEun's POV]

I've always been afriad of the dark.

I just feel like I am engulfed in an infinity of darkness and I can never escape from it.

I always feel so lost in the dark....

so alone,

so scared,

so afraid.

Then I felt someone grab hold of my hands and a voice that said,

"I've got you.'

I was clinging on so badly.

[JiYong's POV]

When the lights went out, I was trying to grab hold of JiEun. I remember she is scared of the dark and I know I had to be by her side now,

Although it is only 2 in the afternoon but there were obviously no windows in the closet so it was just pitch black and I tried finding her.I was cupping her face just now but when the lights went out she pulled back.

I was panicking. I've got to find her, it breaks my heart knowing that although it have only been a couple seconds but to her it might already be a lifetime.

Finally, I felt her soft hands again. They were trembling so hard, I squeezed her hands and said,"I've got you" just to calm her down.

We both left our phones back in the bedroom and I didn't want to try finding a way out because what if we trip on something or what if one of us gets injured. I don't want that scenario to happen at all.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked.

"I....I guess so, I don't know. I just want the darkness to go away." She was stammering.

"Let's forget about the darkness for now and just talk."

"About what?"

"Sit down first, we have had this scenario occur multiple times. It might take a while for the lights so come back on." Shoot! I shouldn't have said that but thankfully she didn't respond to that remark. 

I took her hand and carefully led her to sit on the floor. I knew I had to distract her but how?

"Remember that one time you came over to my house during Halloween and you got scared because of a Jack o'latern I carved out. You screamed so loud that time, it was so funny."

"It wasn't my fault for screaming! You carved it in a way that was super scary!"

"All I did was carved two small eyes and a mouth." I was laughing so hard as that image came into my mind again.

"You know me, I get scared easily. I can never handle anything scary."

"Even Jack O'lanterns."

"That was in the past."

"I see, so now you won't be scared anymore then...." I paused for a while.

"Then what?'

"BOO!"

She screamed and I laughed so hard that I was rolling on the floor.

"That was so not funny! Oppa? Oppa? Where are you?"

I was laughing so hard that I left her in the dark again so I sat upright and found her hands again.

"Sorry it was just too funny."

"I hate you a lot, you know that right?"

I pulled her into my arms and rested my chin on her head. "I know but that is what makes me so attractive right?"

"You wish."

[JiEun's POV]

I have never been so intimate with a guy before. I've never been in a relationship before too! I'm that girl that is destined to be forever alone. All my friends are in a relationship except me. I don't mind beng alone but whenever I see them so happy with their other half, I weep in my heart. So when JiYong pulled me into his arms, my heart was racing so fast. I rested my head against his chest and I could feel his heartbeat as well.

Is this what it feels like to be in love?

I shook that thought out of my head, there is no way JiYong would be attracted to me. I mean he is a world class celebrity where as I am just a potato compared all the girls he has met before. I am sure he has a lot of girls after him as well so what chance do I have? I am already really lucky to have a friend like him, that's enough. But who am I kidding?

"Feeling better now?"

"Yeah I guess so. How much longer do we have to wait until the lights come back on?"

"A couple of minutes I guess. But isn't this almost like the park at night?"

"Wrong, the park still has some dim lights there plus there is the moonlight too and I can see your handsome face there."

OMG, what did I just say. Stupid,stupid me.

"You think I'm handsome?"

"I mean,.... what I was trying to say is...." What am I trying to say?

Then the lights flickered back to life and he kissed me.

[JiYong's POV]

Did she just say I am handsome? She is so cute when she is flustered, just hearing her trying to explain what she had meant was just so funny.

When the lights came back on, she wouldn't make any eye contact with me. I don't know what got over me because my mind kept telling me to kiss her.

And I did.

At first she was in shock but it took a couple of seconds for reality to sink in to her and SHE KISSED ME BACK.

The JiEun I know is very overprotective so when she kissed back it was total surprise to me. When our lips touched, it was ike a firework had ignited in us. A firewrok that had been sitting in the corner for too long.

As we pulled apart, I was curious to see JiEun's reaction but all she did was walk away.

[Jieun's POV]

When we kissed, it was simply amazing but as well pulled apart the moment ended. I didn't know how to react. It was my first kiss but was it his?I don't what will happen if this continues to develop between us.

I had to leave.

I stood up, went tohis bedroom to get my phone and bag, said goodbye to the members and left.

It was only 2.10, we were only stuck in the closet for 10 minutes but why does it feel like a lifetime?

As much as I hate leaving him like this, I had no choice. It was hard for me to keep a straight face, it was hard for me to enter SoHyun's house and greet her father. It was hard for me to lie to him. It was hard for me to hold my tears but as I closed the doors to my room eveyrthing came out.

Before the kiss, I wondered if I was in love with him. Now I am wondering if I still want to be with him. I can't imagine us being together, it is just not right.

He tried to get a hold of me that night, he called and texted me. It hurts my heart whenever I see his name appear on the scrren so I turned it off.

 I guess this is goodbye again.