For Life

The Necklace

[A/N] OMG how do people survive college? Week 2 and I just finished reading a 66-paged article only to summarize it into 2 pages. How is that even possible? But anyways, here is this week's update! I finally managed to post a chapter according to the schedule that I had set hahahhaha


{Flashback to one week before the cinema date}

[JiYong's POV]

JiEun will only be here for one more month and to be honest, everything doesn't look good for me at the moment but one thing is for certain.

I love Lee JiEun with all my heart.

And I want to make her mine forever.

We did introduce each other to our families. A couple week after we got together. 


"Oppa!!! I am sooooo not ready for this, what if your parents hated me after all these years and that's why you guys moved in a hurry last time?

Or what if my clumsiness took over and I accidentally spill water or soup all over the floor.

Or.. or..or"

"JiEun-ah, relax. My parents will 101% love you, they loved you when we were kids."

"But that's when-"

"No buts and let's enjoy the car ride shall we?"

I told JiEun that I had told my parents that I found a girlfriend who will always be there for me even when I am sick like now but I didn't tell them it was JiEun. My mom was so happy that she invited us over for dinner that Saturday.

My mom lives in the countryside and the car ride there is around a 2 hour drive.

I can't even remember the last time that I actually drove to her place. It's been a while with all the promotions, me slacking off when I found out about the cancer, me actually passing out because of the cancer and now me with JiEun.

JiEun fell fast asleep after that conversation just now, she is just so cute even when she sleeps.

Oh did I mention,

she snores too.

But she doesn't know about it.

I parked my car right outside of my parent's house and right as I got out off the car my mom rushing towards me and gave me a big big hug.

"JiYong-ahhhhhh!!!! How have you been? Is everything alright? What did the doctors say? Have you been eating well?"

"Mom, mom I am fine. I told you not to treat me like precious china, I am still alive and well.Doctors said that my tumor is decreasing in size"

"That's good to hear."

Well we were having this conversation, JiEun quietly got out of the car and stood by the passenger door of the car. She looked so awkward and shy because she didn't know what to do.

"Oh mom, I want to introduce you to someone-"

I slowly walked over to JiEun's side while holding my mother's hand.

"-my girlfriend and first crush actually, Lee JiEun."

"Hello, mother. It's been a long time since we last met each other. How have you been? You look prettier too."

My mom dropped my hand when she saw JiEun,

her eyes bulging and a smile slowly creeping onto her face.

"JiEun-ah!!!"

She went forward and gave JiEun a big hug as well.

"Is it really you? You've grown so much since the last time we saw each other! How have you been and when did you come to Korea?"

"I've been well thank you for asking, I actually am in Korea for 6 months for a student exchange program."

My mom actually treated me like an invisible person after that and led JiEun into the house.

My dad was in the living room reading the news.

"Darling, look who is here!"

"Hey dad"

"Hey boy how are you" he said as he patted me on his shoulder.

"Been better but everything is all good now. What about you?"

"Still trying to deal with your mother after so many years of marriage."

"I heard that!" yelled my mom from the kitchen as me and my dad were laughing to our hearts content.

"Dad, I need to introduce you to someone as well."

"Hello, father"

My dad looked at JiEun with a shocked expression as if he recognized her right away.

"JiEun!!I haven't seen you in ages and look where we are today! I hope JiYong here has been treating you well. If he didn't, it is probably because he takes up his mother. I wanted my boy to be a gentleman."

"I heard that as well!" yelled my mom from the kitchen -again.

We all laughed, "Yes, father JiYong has been treating me well."

My dad continued reading his newspaper as the two of us helped my mom preparing dinner. 

It was all of my favorite dishes, kimbap, pork stew, kimchi pancakes and so much more!

As the four of us sat down, my saliva was about to droll all over the table I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Thank you for the food!" we all chimned.

AND THE FEAST BEGAN

Of course like any other parents, my parents kept on interviewing us about how we met, how we got together etc.

"So how did you guys meet again?"

"Well, I actually saw him for the first time in Myeongdong." said JiEun.

"Myeongdong? I hardly even go there!"

"Silly, it was a cardboard cutout of you. That was when I knew you were living this whole Big Bang G-Dragon lifestyle."

"JiEun-ah, I'm sorry we never said our goodbyes last time but his agency suddenly called and we had to move in a hurry" said my mom

"It's ok, mother. I totally understand besides we finally get to meet again after all these years!"

"Actually, JiEun we met before you came to Korea."

"EH?" said JiEun and my mother at the same time.

"Well, I don't know if you recall this but on your flight from LA to Incheon, you were upgraded to business class and stuff yourself with the food from the lounge."

"How did you know that? I didn't even tell you about that?"

"Because I was the guy who helped you with all of your plates."

She looked at me dumbfounded only to recall that moment.

"OMG! THAT WAS YOU"

I smiled while continuing to eat all of my food.

After that meal, JiEun offered to clean up the dishes. I told her I will help her but I need to talk to my parents for a moment.

"JiYong-ah, I'm so glad you two found each other again. You guys are so sweet and meant to be together."

"Thanks mom."

It's been a while since I sat in this living room, in this house.

Will I ever be able to be here again?

Stop with negative thoughts. You came for a purpose.

"Mom, dad actually I was wondering what would you think if JiEun became my wife?"

Just as my mom was about to scream I put my finger in front of my lips to warn her that JiEun is right in the kitchen and she can hear us if we get too loud.

"I will support you all the way my son and if it is with her I glad you found her."

Tears were already wielding in my mom's eyes. 

"Thanks mom"

My dad grinned,

"You gotta do what you gotta do."


That night we video called JiEun's parents.

"Mom, dad I want to introduce my boyfriend. His name is Kwon JiYong."

Again, JiEun's mom had the same reaction as my mom.

After the call, I had texted JiEun's parents saying that I will call them again personally tonight and JiEun cannot find out about it.

"Mother, father. I was wondering if I could take your daughter's hand in marriage."

They looked shocked at first.

"Is it because of the cancer."

"A little bit, I realized that life is short and we should cherish it with the people we love. So I would love to spend my life with JiEun with me all the time."

They looked at each other and turned to the computer screen to say

"Yes"


{Present Day}

[JiEun's POV]

When JiYong collapsed to the floor I thought I was going to lose him again.

I ran forward to him and kneeled by his side.

"Oppa! JiYong-oppa! JiYong!!" I shook his body to get a response.

He slowly climbed up with his back towards me.

Only to slowly turn around.

With one knee on the ground.

And a ring box in his hand.

"Lee JiEun, will you marry me and be mine forever?" he said with his gummy smile.

My immediate reaction,

"Yes you idiot."

As I lunged forward to kiss him with tears coming out of my eyes.


[A/N] And you thought something bad was going to happen..Well I got you!!! Hope that homework doesn't come piling up and I hope to be back to next Wednesday!