Amongst The Stars

The Necklace

[A/N] I broke my streak and didn't update yesterday, but I'm back again today!


[JiEun's POV]

Did I? Did we? I mean.....

DID I JUST GET TOGETHER WITH KWON JIYONG

Is this what love really feels like? Because I am definitely liking it.

I went by to visit JiYong everyday after school and this time, the guards would just allow me in. Because they heard about the rumors regarding how the last batch of guards got fired because of me. 

So everytime I walk past them, they will just give me a nod. As if their lives were on the line because of me.

The whole experience was just hilarious.

Nobody knew about our relationship yet, JiYong said he will tell everyone once he gets discharge from the hospital.

I get buttterflies everyday as I head to the hospital, which is totally inappropriate because of the location but I just can't wait to see the boy with his goofy gummy smile.

Today was no difference, as I knocked twice on the door and heard a voice which said, "Come in" butterflies started appearing in my stomach again.

"Hey you. How are you feeling today?"

"Much better now that you are here."

He patted his bed which meant an invitation for him to sit next to me.

As I sat down, he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much."

"What are you talking about, we see each other every day."

He made a pouty face.
"But the hours without you are like torture to me, I'm stuck here while you go to school and everything." 

"Didn't I promise you that I will always stay by your side? So don't worry about it."

He gave me a peck on the cheek.

"You are the best girlfriend ever."

"Best as in the best of all the girlfriends you've had." I was glaring him.

"Nah, I think my last ex was better."

I rolled my eyes, "Well then you should probably go find her then I'm leaving."

"Where do you think you are going? If you want to leave, you have to think of a way to escape from JiYong's safety belt around your waist."

I just blew into his ear which is his weakness and he let go of me.

"Piece of cake."

He made a pouty face again and wrapped his arms around me once more.

"I was just kidding, don't be mad at me ok."

"Well, I will need to see how you behave first before I forgive you."

"Hmmmmmmm then why don't we go to the beach tomorrow?"

I looked at him with a very confused look.

He tucked a portion of my hair behind my ear and said,

"I'm getting discharged tomorrow morning. So why don't we go to beach in the evening?"

"Are you sure? I'd love to but like are you physically ok for this?"

He patted my head, "I'll pick you up from school and let's head there."


[JiYong's POV]

It fells like a dream but it isn't.

JiEun is finally mine.

Whenever I am with her, I just feel so happy and so lucky to have her but whenever she leaves I just feel a pain in my heart.

JiEun still doesn't know about my cancer and how long I can actually accompany her.

The doctors said that my cancer was still quite dangerous at the moment. Chemotherapy is just helping it to stablize it and not worsen the condition.

The doctors also adviced me to cut down the alcohol and smoking to increase the chances of survival.

If it was the old me, I wouldn't give a damn but now I have a reason to keep on living, a reason to keep on fighting.

I need to win this fight for JiEun.

Even though it's hard because my cancer is stage 3 but I've seen cases of people surviving on articles in the Internet. Maybe I might have a chance too.


[JiEun's POV] 

The next day after school, I literally ran out of class right after the school bell rang and changed in the toilet. I didn't want him to wait too long for me.

At first, I thought I would just see his van or maybe even his manager but I never expected to see JiYong to pick me up.

He was standing in the middle of the school gates, with a beanie, sunglasses, a scarf around his neck while wearing a long brown trench coat since it was almost the end of winter.

I could immediately tell it was him wrapped like a burrito.

"Hey, what are you doing out here standing in the cold? You just got discharged!"

"I just wanted to pick you up from school once. Now let's go!"

He grabbed my hand and put it in his pocket. His hands feel nice and warm not like when I found him when he was unconscious.

"You drove here in your Lamborghini? That's way too obvious, I thought you wanted to fit in the crowd?"

Luckily he parked his car elsewhere and not right in front of the school.

"Well, it was either the Lamborghini or the box van that we use all the time but it was too bulky. Besides I want to pamper my girl."

I just smiled. Words couldn't come out of my mouth.

I have never been in a Lamborghini before but it was super cool! I'm lucky that my boyfriend is a celebrity.

The drive was super fun, we had our own carpool karaoke. His hand never left mine.

Since it was still quite cold, there wasn't many people at the beach.

We walked to a nice spot, hand in hand. JiYong even prepared a picnic basket and blanket.

"You made my favorite peanut, butter and jam sandwiches!"

"Of course, what type of boyfriend doesn't know what his girlfriend likes to eat."

I smiled when I heard the word 'boyfriend', I mean it's almost been a week since we got together but it still gets to me everytime.

Eating sandwiches by the sea, enjoying the sea breeze with my boyfriend. Can this get any better?

We did play with the water for a little bit but not for long because I was concerned of JiYong's health. 

After drying off I remembered something,

"Oppa, remember when we first met as kids?"

"Yeah, it was that game of tag. Why are you asking me this suddenly?"

"Tag, you're it!"

I got like a 5 second headstart before he realized what I was doing.

He grinned, "It's on."

I thought I was in the lead and that he wouldn't catch up but in a split second we were already rolling on the sand.

"Did you forget oppa was athletic?" but he was breathing heavily maybe I shouldn't have asked him to run after he got discharged

"Hey, are you ok? Maybe we should stop with the running."

"Good idea, oh look!! The sun is already setting."


[JiYong's POV]

Wow, I never expected that my lungs were in such bad shape. Oh yeah, I just remembered stupid cancer.

Luckily JiEun suggested we sit down, I don't think I can catch up to her if we were to run some more.

We sat on the beach enjoying the sun set.

It was a very beautiful sight, watching the colors of the sky change from a gradient of red to orange to pink to purple to a dash of light blue.

JiEun was already taking pictures of the sunset and I decided to take a picture of her taking a picture of the sunset.

Photo-ception haha.

But looking at her, the way her eyes shine with the sunset, the way the wind blows to her hair. She literally looks like an angel from heaven.

I am so lucky to have her by my side and will cherish this moment.

"Oppa, let's take a selfie together!"

Ka-chik

"Ah oppa why did you close your eyes. Let's take one more."

"We can take 100 picture if you want, let's cherish this moment forever JiEun-ah."

And there we were, taking a lot of pictures together, some normal while some with crazy poses.

Just as the sunset was about to end, we sat there in silence with JiEun's head on my shoulder.

"So what do you think of our first date?"

"That was our first date? I thought it was an apology for bringing up your ex-girlfriend yesterday."

"Well a mixture of a first date and an apology?"

"I loved it and you as well."

"I love you very much as well."

We kissed again with the soon-to-be-ending sunset as our backdrop.


[A/N] Too cute, I want a romance like that as well. Also I won't be able to update daily from now on. There will be a new chapter tomorrow but after that it might take a while before I update again but I can assure you I will complete this story by this year cause the first chapter was actually updated on November 2015. Till next time!