Hope-(less)?

The Necklace

[A/N] Hello everyone! I'm back sorry it's been a while. I can't believe that I start college in less than one month so lately I have been busy preparing. Anyways, let's continue on with this story!


[JiYong's POV]

After making sure that JiEun had already left, I made my way to the bench.

My hands gingerly picking up the necklace.

It hurts my heart so much to see her walk away again as I could never have her in my arms once more.

I broke down in the park that night. I haven't actually shed tears in such a long while.

I didn't cry when I found out about my cancer;

I didn't cry when my grandfather passed away;

I didn't cry when my ex-girlfriend actually cheated on me,

but here I am right now, crying like a lost boy in the park. 

Perhaps I am really lost, like a person without purpose. I mean what purpose do I even have anyway?

I felt so hopeless in that instant as I held the neckalce in my hands and clutch in to my chest.

Tears slowly streaming down my cheeks.

I wish that the cancer could overpower me right now and that my last sight of this world would be of the necklace and the stars shining so brightly above.

Funny, I remember JiEun claiming Peter Pan to be her first boyfriend in the past.

{FLASHBACK}

"Oppa, one day my dear Peter Pan will come and take me to Neverland! And then we will never grow old but will always be with each other!" chimed a cheerful 5-year-old JiEun.

JiEun and JiYong hanged out together at JiEun's backyard. They were having a picnic-styled dinner of chicken sandwiches which JiYong's mother had made for them.

"Oh really and where is Neverland?" said JiYong while munching on to his sandwich

"Oppa, I can't believe you don't know where Neverland is! Didn't Peter ever come to tell you?"

"Ahhhh maybe because I am already quite old that Peter doesn't think I am a child anymore"

"Yeah, maybe you are right hahahahaha but Neverland is right there you see. Second star to the right and straight on till morning."

JiYong looked up and laughed.

"JiEun-ah, there are so many stars in the sky, which one is the second one from THE right then?"

"It's easy, you just look for the brightest star in the sky and the one on it's right is Neverland!"

{END OF FLASHBACK}

If I could pick the star that was Neverland now, which one would it be?


[JiEun's POV]

Did I do the wrong thing by leaving the necklace behind? It has been a part of me for so many years, I feel bad by leaving it behind just like that.

Maybe I was too rash. Should I head back to get it?

It's not too late to turn back now JiEun; 

It's never too late.

I took a quick U-turn and quicken my steps. The wind was strong and thunder was roaring.

As I was about to approach the park, it had started raining.

I ran as fast as I could but I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw someone lying on the ground. 

It must be some homeless person, but why isn't he avoiding the rain?

I approached with caution only to find out that the person on the ground was JiYong himself.

I panicked, I couldn't possible be him but I still ran to his side

"JiYong, JiYong! Can you hear me? Are you ok? Answer me!"

Silence. He wasn't giving me any response but he was still breathing.

I tried getting him on his feet and 'dragged' him to a bench under a hut.

What should I do????????

Call an ambulance? It would be the proper thing to do but what about gossip and rumors?

Call his manager? I don't even have his number.

Ah! I unlocked my phone and quickly dailed YongBae oppa's number.

While waiting for him, I kept and eye on JiYong. 

He was breathing heavily, like he was trying to gulp in air desperately. Sweat and raindrops dripping from his forehead.

I called his name out multiple times but he still wasn't responding.

I was so scared that I didn't even realized that tears were already coming out of my eyes.

He looked much different since I last saw him. 

Paler and thinner.

"JiEun? JiEun where are you?" a familiar voice called out to me.

"OVER HERE!"

YongBae-oppa ran over and when he saw JiYong," , this does not look good at all."

He unlocked his phone to call someone, probably his manager.

"Hyung, sorry to call you at a time like this but I need you to come to the park near our dorms ASAP. JiYong collapsed here, I'm calling an ambulance."

After making the call to the hospital, YongBae came over and sat next to me.

"How long ago did you find him?"

"We...Well, I just left the park 20minutes ago but headed back because I forgotten to grab something. He wasn't here when I left but I came back to see him lying on the ground. Probably around 10 minutes ago?"

"Alright so our manager should be here soon and the ambulance needs another 10 minutes. So I guess I need to tell you something about JiYong."

Tell me something about JiYong? What is that suppose to mean? Tell me what exactly?

"JiYong....well JiYong has gotten ca....."


[A/N] Alright so I guess I'll stop here for the moment muahaha cliffhanger style-ish? but don't worry I'll update tomorrow!